our expensive Oline not doing their job.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cleveland is rumored as being open to moving both. If team wants to trade them for multiple draft picks...it's their choice. I would like to think...they would be ok moving on. Green Bay needs winners with winning mentalities.

Lord knows Cleveland is where we'll find such players.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing at a high level for a losing franchise like Cleveland might tempt them both to bolt...Thomas and Mack that is. They'll take pay cut or short deal to win the ring. Enough development.. time for proven commodities.

They can't bolt, since they're under contract, and they're not going to take a small, short term deal just to play in Green Bay.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thomas is due to make $9.5M next season and $10M in 2017 (according to rotoworld). He's a UFA in 2018. If the Packers acquired him (and they won't) they could tear up his deal and do a 4 year contract (for example) and manipulate the cap hit somewhat.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a lot of you are saying Thomas has been very durable in his career, and maybe I have him mixed up with another guy, but didn't he have injury problems for a few years?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga does need to go... Take his overpaid first round pick status elsewhere. Always hurt, can't even take the LT from someone as bad as Bahk who's as bad as they come at LT smh. I hope to never see another linemen taken in the first round by GB again.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since 1984 the Packers have drafted in the first round:
6 OT's - Reuttgers, Mandarich, Michels, Bulaga & Sherrod. Reuttgers started at LT for 12 years. Bulaga started at RT for 5 of the last 6 years.
5 DE's - Carreker, Holliday, Reynolds, Perry, and D. Jones. 4 out of these 5 have been serviceble to very good, but none top end.
5 LB's - Bennett, Simmons, Barnett, Hawk, CM3. All very solid to very good.
5 CB's - Clark, Buckley, Newsome, Carroll, & Randall. Jury's still out on Randall, other 4 not 1st round production for GB.
3 S's - Teague, Eduards, & Ha-ha Dix. None (so far) are more than serviceable.
2 DT's - Harrell & Raji. Wasted pick & just OK.
2 RB's - Fullwood & Thompson. Meh to serviceable.
2 OG's - Taylor & Verba. Both solid, not spectacular.
2 WR's - Sharpe & Walker. HOF & good.
1 QB (AR), 1 TE (Franks). Probably future HOF'er and 8 yr. starting TE.
Which positions have been lights-out, bonafide 1st round talent consistently?? LB seems to be almost can't miss, but every other position is prone to busts. NEVER take another 1st round OT? I'd probably ask why even pick in the 1st round? Why not trade it for a #2 & #3 every year?