1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Our defense now...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pat4DaPack, Apr 27, 2012.

1. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Actually, most football fans find a potent pass rush to be a pretty exciting thing to behold... especially when it was missing last year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. EvAn

EvAn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    I think you mean Saine, Starks and Green. Also we signed UDFAs Nic Cooper, RB/FS Winston-Salem and RB Marc Tyler from USC

3. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +965
    and Jordy has a ring and Jackson doesn't.

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Exactly.
    And we can thank DeSean a little for that one as his last-second PR for a TD in week 17 of that season knocked the Giants from the playoffs. So we didn't have to play at the Giants, instead got Vick and the Iggles.

It all worked out well to take Jordy over D-Jack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    Winstson-Salem? did we get a guy name Marlboro:D

6. EvAn

EvAn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    LOL! From wInston Salem :p the guy was born in 1992 though so I guess there's officially people younger than me on the packers now.. :sigh:

• Old Old x 1
  7. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    It's Karma, just like Having two Southern Cal OLB's. Good Karma man. See you in the French quarter next year.

8. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    Theres players younger than my kids on the packers, and it woun't be too many years when my grand children will be the same age. Talk about SUCKS.

9. EvAn

EvAn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    Don't forget about Marc Tyler from Souther Cal as well (;

10. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    I am really excited with this draft. Picking as high as we were I think Ted did an excellent job waiting and moving to target our needs with thing his draft budget. Takes 3 years to know if you had a great draft but I expect our first 3 to have immeadite impact. If nothing elese the competition may turn Neal into the beast we have been waiting for. Perry on the outside taking some of the heat from clay and a couple of guys for the line to give us depth.

We wont't know for awhile but I'd say ted has at least hit a triple if not a HR with this draft in addressing the D. Gonna be lots of competition in camp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    Hadn't heard that.

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,047
    Jackson I think is more talented but Nelson is a better player. But the attitude and price is what makes Nelson better. But Jackson's speed on the pack with his return ability? It would have been something else.

Ted clearly made the right choice though with Nelson.

13. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    Yeah, having an exciting draft day is most important thing on Ted's mind. Maybe he should hire a clown to perform while the Packers are on the clock. Or hand out candy.

Good point! With DeSean on the Packers squad they might have won a Championship! Wait...:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  14. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    I wouldn't trade Jordy for the Eagles entire WR corps, let alone Jackson.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    Believe me, I will be FIRED UP every time they decide to have a Trojan reunion at the QB.

16. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    DeSean Jackson may be one of the most over-rated receivers in the league. He's constantly dinged-up and complaining about his contract. Nelson is the better possession receiver and route runner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    I really like what TT did in this draft. He combined value with needs. Perry and Worthy both held first round grades. Perry is an immediate impact over Zombo, Walden and Jones. Worthy has the potential to be a very, very good player.

TT knew that he couldn't/didn't need to add 12 players through the draft. The compensatory picks allowed him to move up and be aggressive. He really worked his magic here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I like the way you think.... but instead of total defense, it's passing defense. We were dead last at #32 last year allowing the most yards passing ever by any team in one season, in the history of the National Football League!

And our sack % was #32 last year among the 32 teams!

19. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    When we finally get us a decent running game it'll be lights out for our opponents.

20. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    I think our OL with another year of playing together, better LOT play - either Newhouse with an offseason/year of experience, or the more talented Sherrod taking over, and out Rbs being healthy and a full offseason, our running games should be better. Additionally, having Cliffy gone - God Bless him - who offered very little in the way of run blocking, will also significantly improve the run game.

21. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Our defense now is young is kind of has a lot going for it on paper, a lot more at least for the front end.

22. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,969
    small...body wont last

but I said same about vick

23. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    I think both Newhouse with an offseason and Sherrod finishing rehab and having a chance to develop will make LOT better for us. Last year it was a shambles.

I worry about our running game primarily due to Starks' injury problems. Can he stay healthy? I'm hoping to see the further development of Saine and Green.

24. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I am more than happy with our draft picks. We addressed what we needed to address and I feel confident that our D-line is going to be much improved!!!

25. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    On the positive side we can only move up.

• Agree Agree x 1