Our defense now...

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am very excited for this upcoming season. Leading sacks leader in the Pac 12 at OLB, Jerel Worthy who is just a huge just attacking the QB every play and Hayward who it sounds plays excellent zone coverage.... If there were any doubts about the pass rush, I think that it is defiantly gone.

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm trying not to count my chickens before they are hatched... but i really like what we've done to attempt to make radical changes to the weaknesses of our team. Very difficult not to get excited :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm happy they've zero'd in on the defense. I think we all knew that the Pack would...however, these guys haven't played a down in the NFL yet so, I'll just try to occupy my thoughts on something else until I see something that resembles an NFL defense. :D

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many a draft pick has been a bust in this league, and everyone we drafted has a "chance" be it slim or whatever but there is a chance that they wont pan out. I also wouldn't count on 3 rookies to improve the worst passing defense of all time all that much.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is doing a heck of a job in getting some talented players at all three levels on defense. The trend seems to be upgrading the overall speed of the team. All the players selected are fast for their positions. This Daniels kid looks like he could be a good situational pass rusher and Worthy should be a stout DE. We need Perry to hit, but at the worst, he's still an upgrade from what we had. It's definitely hard not to think the defense will return to, or at least come close to returning to, the 2010 level. If so, the rest of the league will not be happy!

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend I'm a big college ball fan/expert, but it seems like we're having a really good draft. I'm happy with everything on paper so far

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend I'm a big college ball fan/expert, but it seems like we're having a really good draft. I'm happy with everything on paper so far

We are having an amazing draft. If there was any doubt about our defense, I think that is gone now.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Two years ago our #1 defense helped propel us to the SB.

Last year our superior offense carried us to a 15-1 season while the defense struggled, mostly due to sub-par performance from the D-Line.

Ted's improvements at key areas should strengthen the D to the point they can help the O score points; the future's so bright I gotta wear shades... :)

KNIGHTTIME

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are having an amazing draft. If there was any doubt about our defense, I think that is gone now.

Yes, TT also drafted...Harrell, Hawk, Matthews & Raji BOTH in round 1. Drafting excessive defense gets boring. Think back to being a kid, the same excitement is not there the way it is when you draft an offensive skill position like WR or RB.

Another thing, when he did get Nelson (second round - first pick that year for Pack) ....DeSean Jackson was still available.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, TT also drafted...Harrell, Hawk, Matthews & Raji BOTH in round 1. Drafting excessive defense gets boring. Think back to being a kid, the same excitement is not there the way it is when you draft an offensive skill position like WR or RB.

Another thing, when he did get Nelson (second round - first pick that year for Pack) ....DeSean Jackson was still available.

And I'm happy he took Nelson over Jackson. Don't need a diva among the WRs

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
On paper we improved. We won't know for sure until the season is over.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is doing a heck of a job in getting some talented players at all three levels on defense. The trend seems to be upgrading the overall speed of the team. All the players selected are fast for their positions. This Daniels kid looks like he could be a good situational pass rusher and Worthy should be a stout DE. We need Perry to hit, but at the worst, he's still an upgrade from what we had. It's definitely hard not to think the defense will return to, or at least come close to returning to, the 2010 level. If so, the rest of the league will not be happy!

I have to disagree with all our players being fast for their position.. Nick Perry has a faster 40 then Casey Hayword and he was a DL

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to say we picked up at least 2 immediate starters in this draft and another 2 or 3 who will eventually start. Perry and Worthy will start on Day 1, barring injury.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Think back to being a kid, the same excitement is not there the way it is when you draft an offensive skill position like WR or RB.
An immature child may prefer "excitement" over winning titles. Thank goodness Thompson and his staff, as well as the vast majority of posters on this site, are more mature than that. And thank goodness the vast majority here don’t share the anti-Thompson agenda this poster displays with every post - on the exact same subject. And this is the essence of it: He doesn't care about Jennings' talent, for example, because he didn't have the "excitement" of seeing him drafted in the first round. If he were a Pats' fan he no doubt would complain Brady wasn't a first rounder.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I'm happy he took Nelson over Jackson. Don't need a diva among the WRs

Not to mention that Nelson is a hands-down better player. He's not stupid either. I don't recall him ever throwing away a TD because he didn't know he wasn't supposed to spike the ball until AFTER he got in the endzone (something Jackson has done three times.)

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
For TT to wait until our last 2 picks for offense he has(as he should)great confidence in our O-line. Hopefully Saine,Starks & Cobb can carry the load at the RB position until next yrs draft.