Our 2nd biggest rivalry?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
those out of division rivalries come and go as the teams succeed or fail. sf was part of that too not too long ago.

i think it's between the bears or vikings.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this is the young fan in me (born in 89), but I've never considered the Bears much of rivalry. I don't remember a time when the Bears have consistently been a threat since I wasn't around in the 70s and 80s. My whole life, Favre and Rodgers have dominated the Bears.

For most years, the Bears have been awful too and recently haven't made the playoffs in like 6 years.

Yes, they play twice a year obviously, but the Packer dominance makes it not much of a rivalry currently.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this is the young fan in me (born in 89), but I've never considered the Bears much of rivalry. I don't remember a time when the Bears have consistently been a threat since I wasn't around in the 70s and 80s. My whole life, Favre and Rodgers have dominated the Bears.

For most years, the Bears have been awful too and recently haven't made the playoffs in like 6 years.

Yes, they play twice a year obviously, but the Packer dominance makes it not much of a rivalry currently.
Rivalries are not about the strengths of the teams. This is tradition. And it lasts. Not to mention the proximity.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rivalries are not about the strengths of the teams. This is tradition. And it lasts. Not to mention the proximity.

I disagree in that the strength of team is part of it.

For example, how much of a rivalry is the Browns and Steelers? Not much considering Rothlisburger is the is the win leader for the Browns stadium.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For example, how much of a rivalry is the Browns and Steelers? Not much considering Rothlisburger is the is the win leader for the Browns stadium.

Halas considered Packers as his rival even during the pre-Lombardi era. Ofc strength makes the rivalry more interesting to watch due to exciting matches, but at it's core, it is tradition. Irrespective of strength Bears will always be our #1 rival.

Reaction score
The Packers vs Bears rivalry carries the day
Since 1921 the all-time series is
At 94-93-6 GB
Postseason is tied at 1-1
(1941 Bears Win:2010 Packers Win and Both went on to win it all)
The All-time point total =
GB 3,335 vs Chicago 3,298

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers vs Bears rivalry carries the day
Since 1921 the all-time series is tied
At 93-93-6
The All-time point total =
GB 3,335 vs Chicago 3,298

C’mon
You are out of date.... the current record is 95/94/6 in favor of the Packers.... although unless Hundley gets it together, we will most likely be tied again in a few weeks.

Reaction score
You are out of date.... the current record is 95/94/6 in favor of the Packers.... although unless Hundley gets it together, we will most likely be tied again in a few weeks.
Thanks for pointing out my faults swhitset I changed that just as you called me out. Bah ahaha :D
That’s an impressive rivalry and look at the bright side, even Hundley can’t put us in the losing column this year. :tup:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Bears and Packers have been playing since the 20s. We have had bad times for a whole (too many) lot of those years. The rivalry stands.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why aren't the Steelers and the Browns a big rivalry? Who cares.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of the division right now I would say the Seahawks followed closely by the cowboys Without looking a schedules for the past 5 years or so it just seems that the Seahawks have been better than the cowboys and the Packers/Seahawks games have been bigger than the Packers/Cowboys games. Of curse that will change with the next big playoff game followed by a revisit for the next several seasons.

As for true rivalries though it will always be the Bears (for most fans) in our hearts even if not on the field.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny.
I don't remember asking about our first greatest rival because it's just way too obvious.
The Panthers.
Right?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest rivalry will always be the Bears. Closest in proximity, longest running rivalry every other rivalry comes and goes or is a johnny come lately rivalry, now second biggest as was originally asked? Right now gotta say Dallas.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts