Other teams offseason Moves

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw what the Bills gave up for Stephan Diggs. It is crazy!

The 22nd pick could be a WR who is really good, and on a rookie deal. Probably not match production in the first 2 years, but Ruggs or Jefferson may be available, and those will be very good WRs. Couple that with Diggs being a malcontent, selfish, and high salary, I just dont get it.

The dumbest move, though, is the Texans trading one of the best WRs in the NFL for a poor, overpaid RB and a 2nd round pick. They can get a good WR in the 2nd, but he will be a far cry from Hopkins.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Brady going to Tampa where does that leave for J. Winston to end up? ...or Cam Newton? Only QB-less teams I can think of are: Chargers, and maybe Chicago & Miami.

Can't really think that either guy would excel in Chicago and da Bears really don't have much cap room so guessing they're "stuck" with Mitch for another year.

Does Cincy sign one & go a different direction with #1? ... or Miami with their #5 pick? This may get interesting seeing where those two QB's end up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If cincy doesn't take their QB, they deserve to lose for the next 10 years. That would be monumentally stupid of them to not get the best QB in the draft with that first pick.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a report that Bridgewater was going to chicago. Not sure if I misheard or it was an erroneous report. He just signed with carolina.

Brady in Tampa is not going to work out the way he thinks. Arians doesnt run a system that Brady would excel in.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a report that Bridgewater was going to chicago. Not sure if I misheard or it was an erroneous report. He just signed with carolina.

Brady in Tampa is not going to work out the way he thinks. Arians doesnt run a system that Brady would excel in.

I dont think we get one, but I'd be interested in the reason he thinks that is his best move. Can't deny the weapon, Evans Godwin, Howard, Brate. We'll see about the RBs.

But so many questions about the Oline and defense as whole.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted but Pierce likely going to the Vikings for 3 years around 27 million. He is their Linval Joseph replacement. I dont follow enough but that seems like a solid signing.

I would guess that means either Harris gets traded or someone gets cut. They only had 14 million left in cap space after cutting one of their starting guards yesterday. So they will easily have under 10 million left after signing Pierce and a back up qb because if the contract is backloaded you assume it is going to be at least 5 million or so against this years cap and another million from that back up qb. That leave 8 million or less to sign 14 draft picks.

They have absolutely no money left and pretty much nothing at cb. They are left with Hughes who has been hurt a ton and wasnt great last year when healthy and Holton Hill who has been suspended 5 times between college and the NFL. At wr they just have Theilen and guys who produced less than Lazard. Most less than MVS and Allison. At offensive line they were already bad and now are even worse.

I am really intrigued by what they do next

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not happy about that either, I think Foles is an underrated QB.
Nick Foles isn't much better than Mitch. he's the same, limited QB. if there isn't a very strong run game he's prone to mistakes. Foles was good in his stretch where they were pounding the ball really well and then he could pull it out and toss it to an open space to a very big WR that could go make the catch.

If you can't stop that, could be a long day, but when that's all you have, it's not terribly difficult to defend it.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

The 22nd pick could be a WR who is really good, and on a rookie deal. Probably not match production in the first 2 years, but Ruggs or Jefferson may be available, and those will be very good WRs. Couple that with Diggs being a malcontent, selfish, and high salary, I just dont get it.

The dumbest move, though, is the Texans trading one of the best WRs in the NFL for a poor, overpaid RB and a 2nd round pick. They can get a good WR in the 2nd, but he will be a far cry from Hopkins.
with Broncos waiving Flaco,Winston might land there..

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with Broncos waiving Flaco,Winston might land there..
I doubt it.
I think they will roll out Drew Lock as their starter he showed a lot of potential in the games he played last season especially against Houston.
He was my QB2 in the 2019 draft but Elway drafted him so I'm no longer confidant he won't turn in to a bust.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a good news....if he manages to play a full season!
That too for a 4th round pick? Jeez!

Yeah, I'm not happy about that either, I think Foles is an underrated QB.

At the very least they have to take on his cap hit.

And it could have been a lot worse if they had bothered to call Bill O'Brien they probably could have gotten Watson for a sixth round pick and a snickers.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Bills giving up to much for Diggs may be a bad move but at least he's a talented player.

What are the Bears thinking giving Jimmy Graham $16 million, $9 million guaranteed.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about the bears making a stupid decision in free agency but that is pretty pathetic.

Other bad free agency moves include trading Jurrell Casey for a seventh rounder! And trading Calais Campbell for a 5th rounder.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost looks like some teams are planning on two drafts before they take the field again.
I'd almost think that's the safe bet. Even if they had football season, a team like the Packers, I'm guessing they have a lot of older people holding season tickets. I'm guessing older people will be more reluctant to pile into a crowded stadium, whereas the younger people seem to take it less seriously. Which makes sense, I guess, since their odds of dying are very low.

Members online

Latest posts