Other team fans in your household

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people out there have somebody in their house that is a fan of another team? My 13 year old son is a huge Dolphins fan. Not really sure how or why. I usually tell people the doctor dropped him on his head at birth. My mom was born and raised in Green Bay, her whole family lives there, I have been a fan since I can remember. He grew up watching me talk, watch, and wear things Packers but some how he was drawn to the Dolphins. I tease him it's fine, but told him he's lucky, if he was a Bears, Vikings, or Cowboys fan I would kick him out in the streets. It does make Sundays even more fun. Took him to the Packers/Dolphins game in October, so he's got bragging rights till they meet again.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people out there have somebody in their house that is a fan of another team?

My 18-yr-old is a Tampa fan. Has been forever. Raised him not to follow the crowd which in NE Wis in the 90's was really pro GB. I guess Tampa was always the thorn in their side at the time. He is really anti GB. Quietly rooted for Pitt at my brothers SB party this year (I mean really quiet.) He even picks against them every week in the pickem contest we do. In 4 years he has never, ever picked Green Bay. Have to try and get tickets this year for the game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My freshman year in college my roommate was a bears fan, but was more into D&D than arguing sports. Nice guy, basically let me destroy the room and bang randoms while he slept. Well... I hope he was sleeping. Creepy now that I think about it.

beautifuleyes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have three brothers and only one follows (more so pretends to follow) the NFL. His team constantly changes though. This past year his team was Da Bears... year before was the Viqueens. He won a Terrell Owens Buffalo jersey last year... and this past season was gloating how great TO was doing with the Bills. Shut him up real good when I pointed out he's with the Bengals... Nothing better than a 19 year old making her 32 year old brother look like a FOOL infront of one of his best friends. :clapping:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My youngest son was a Viking fan when he was about 6. His older brothers and sisters got on him and he was fine within a month or two. There's nothing like sibling pressure.

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my brothers is a Chargers fan, my other brother is a Cowboy fan, my mom is a Patriot fan. Me and my dad are Packer fans. Yup a very interesting household during football season when I was growing up, and it still is lol. Makes sundays fun :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother is a favre fan. Yep, cheered for the vikings over the packers. Hates Rodgers. We dont speak anymore. I would say half of that is because of that and the other half involves a federal indictment.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Brother was a Bears fan, mom too till she went to a Bears game and saw the crowd didn't want to associate herself with that scum. ;)

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother is a favre fan. Yep, cheered for the vikings over the packers. Hates Rodgers. We dont speak anymore. I would say half of that is because of that and the other half involves a federal indictment.

Indictments happen all the time, but betraying the Packers with the vikings over the sexting fool of a qb... That is some Cain and Abel stuff right there (that's right, I went biblical)

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My sister isn't really much of a football watcher, but she likes the Chargers because of my Brother in-law. I'm not really sure with my brother for awhile in the early 2000s he was a Colts fan, but slowly started to care less about them and rooted for the Chargers, he didn't jump back with the Colts after they won the Super Bowl either, he roots for the Packers with me and my dad though.
Most of the people who liked football were outside my immediate family.
Grandpa - Broncos
Grandma - 49ers
My Uncle is a Viqueens fan.
A cousin who is a Cowboys fan.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
One of my brothers is a Chargers fan, my other brother is a Cowboy fan, my mom is a Patriot fan. Me and my dad are Packer fans. Yup a very interesting household during football season when I was growing up, and it still is lol. Makes sundays fun :)

Not a single Ca. team there.. :blink:

are we related Ivo?...sounds too eerily similiar! :blink:

Indictments happen all the time, but betraying the Packers with the vikings over the sexting fool of a qb... That is some Cain and Abel stuff right there (that's right, I went biblical)

TOTALLY how that feels!!! Biblical proportions!!!

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My entire family is Chiefs family and I've been a Packer fan as long as I remember so I guess I'm the oddball in the family.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
nobody in my house but most of my family is packers, bears, patriots, or dolphins fans. thats what happens when you have family in illnois, green bay, new england, and florida. my best friend is an eagles fan.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see here..

Father-Bears fan(grew up in Chippewa Falls)
Mother-Bears fan(grew up in Holcombe)
Sister-Bears fan(grew up, like me, in Gurnee, Ill)

Maternal Uncle #1-Packer fan who likes the old Bears(Ditka, Butkus, Etc)(grew up in Holcombe)
Ex-Wife-No idea but suspects she's a Bears fan(grew up in Indiana)
Wife #2-Packer fan
Daughter-Packer fan(grew up in Oconto Falls)
Daughter-Packer fan fan(grew up in Oconto Falls)
Daughter-Possible Bears fan(grew up in Oconto Falls)
Son-No idea. Haven't seen him in years(grew up in Oconto Falls)

Maternal Uncle #2-ViQueens fan(grew up in Holcombe)
Ex-Wife-No clue. Could be a Bears fan
Daughter-ViQueens fan(grew up in Chippewa Falls)
Daughter-No clue. Could be a Packer fan.(grew up in Chippewa Falls)
Daughter-Bears fan out of spite(grew up in Chippewa Falls)

GF & her husband-Chargeless fans(GF born in Indiana, grew up here in Sandy Eggo-Husband grew up here in Sandy Eggo)

I suspect that my GF's husband is this doofus....(not really)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2zrJja30zw]YouTube - San Diego Chargers #1 Fan![/ame]

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see here..

Father-Bears fan(grew up in Chippewa Falls)
Mother-Bears fan(grew up in Holcombe)
Sister-Bears fan(grew up, like me, in Gurnee, Ill)

Maternal Uncle #1-Packer fan who likes the old Bears(Ditka, Butkus, Etc)(grew up in Holcombe)
Ex-Wife-No idea but suspects she's a Bears fan(grew up in Indiana)
Wife #2-Packer fan
Daughter-Packer fan(grew up in Oconto Falls)
Daughter-Packer fan fan(grew up in Oconto Falls)
Daughter-Possible Bears fan(grew up in Oconto Falls)
Son-No idea. Haven't seen him in years(grew up in Oconto Falls)

Maternal Uncle #2-ViQueens fan(grew up in Holcombe)
Ex-Wife-No clue. Could be a Bears fan
Daughter-ViQueens fan(grew up in Chippewa Falls)
Daughter-No clue. Could be a Packer fan.(grew up in Chippewa Falls)
Daughter-Bears fan out of spite(grew up in Chippewa Falls)

GF & her husband-Chargeless fans(GF born in Indiana, grew up here in Sandy Eggo-Husband grew up here in Sandy Eggo)

I suspect that my GF's husband is this doofus....(not really)

YouTube - San Diego Chargers #1 Fan!
I feel like I somehow know that Chargers fan.

CSchw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Michigan, so it's not a surprise that my dad is a loyal Lions fan, if there's such a thing. My sister on the other hand, is a Patriots fan, mainly because of Tom Brady.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm a southern boy, born and raised in the Gulf Coast of Alabama, and most of my family is and has always been Saints fans. From where I was born, Brett Favre's hometown of Hattiesburg is about a 6 hour drive. As a family we used to go through New Orleans, and Biloxi of Mississippi, and as the time I was a young kid, Brett Favre was the hero down here. They used to sell Packer stuff everywhere if you went far enough through Mississippi (Before Hurricane Katrina), and around the time of the Super Bowl back in '96 and '97, everyone was fully supporting Green Bay down here.

Having to live down here for so long is probably why I try to think of him on a positive note, and try to ignore the last few years of his career as best as I can. Last year, there were TONS of Vikings fans just because of Favre. Sports bars in Mississippi were split between the Saints and Vikings come time to the NFC Championship game (which was a sad sight considering those bars were all for the Saints for so many years). Since Hurricane Katrina, the Gulf Coast from New Orleans all the way down to Pensacoula of Florida has really focused on supporting the Saints, and that is really the team down here now that they are winning. If you go up North in Alabama above Birmingham were it's mostly Auburn fans, you still see a lot of support for the Saints, or the Titans considering how close Tennessee is to them now.

Courtesy of my family, the Saints are a team I will root for every now and then, when they won the Super Bowl that was the happiest I had ever seen my whole family together. They deserved to see them win it after all the years they stuck by them even after their struggles. Just proof that you have to keep your faith in the team you love, and it will pay off.