OT: Detroit

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great to see Stafford leave the division, clearly the second best QB in the NFC North for many years... But the Lions will be loaded with the 2 1st round picks... and Golf... who no one is afraid of

Thoughts?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was good for detroit. Not that I’d be excited about Goff but he’s a decent QB making too much and they have a lot of serious draft capital to build a team.

i think the Rams are in a world of hurt if it doesn’t work out next year.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was good for detroit. Not that I’d be excited about Goff but he’s a decent QB making too much and they have a lot of serious draft capital to build a team.

I think it's good for us. Who is afraid of Goff really? He had the one good year when MLF was his offensive coordinator and one other good year after that...and he's been pretty bad since lol

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Side note to this trade. Apparently there's reports the Rams called us about Rodgers and we told them to kick rocks

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah... I think the Rams just went all in... next year maybe 2 years tops is their window.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it's good for us. Who is afraid of Goff really? He had the one good year when MLF was his offensive coordinator and one other good year after that...and he's been pretty bad since lol

While the Lions didn't get better in the short term the Rams did. That should have us more worried than Detroit, which finished 5-11 in 2020.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
After looking at the trade yesterday, my initial reaction was that the Rams are desperate and Mike Lynn must be in Los Angeles now.

Today, the same thought. Detroit fleeced the Rams IMO on this desperation trade. Stafford is for fantasy football participants. I don’t see this working out for the Rams long or short term. Detroit set themselves up very nicely for the future IMO. We can only hope they find a way to waste fully blow this opportunity the Rams afforded them.

D

Deleted member 6794

After looking at the trade yesterday, my initial reaction was that the Rams are desperate and Mike Lynn must be in Los Angeles now.

Today, the same thought. Detroit fleeced the Rams IMO on this desperation trade. Stafford is for fantasy football participants. I don’t see this working out for the Rams long or short term. Detroit set themselves up very nicely for the future IMO. We can only hope they find a way to waste fully blow this opportunity the Rams afforded them.

I believe the Rams should be considered a legit contender in the NFC with Stafford as long as they can keep their defense together.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The ***** might be strapped cap wise some after taking on Goff's contract.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lions lose about $13m or so in cap space when they were already at or slightly over -- depending where it lands.
At 5-11, they can well afford to cut some deadwood from their roster. They can just as easily go 5-11 with cheaper players.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, I think the ***** should be better in the long run if they use this draft capital prudently.

The Lions could end benefitting from the trade down the road but they didn't get any better for next season by replacing Stafford with Goff.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Detroit Lions have informed wide receiver Kenny Golladay that they will not use their franchise tag on him, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter, clearing the way for Golladay to enter free agency.

Golladay heading to the open market means the Lions will likely completely overhaul their receiver corps. Marvin Jones, Danny Amendola and Jamal Agnew are also scheduled to be free agents, taking the majority of the team's receiver reps from a season ago.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ll-kenny-golladay-not-using-franchise-tag-him
The first three are too costly but might not Agnew be a name to toss into the cheap receiving RB discussion to replace AJ & JW?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ll-kenny-golladay-not-using-franchise-tag-him
The first three are too costly but might not Agnew be a name to toss into the cheap receiving RB discussion to replace AJ & JW?

Agnew is an intriguing cheaper name for Gute and Co to keep on a list for his returning abilities. If Tyler Ervin simply isn't a feasible option any longer due to health issues Agnew has been quite good over the years..he's never been tasked to do much carrying or receiving over the years....but for a depth type guy especially if we ask him to be our #3 I could definitely see this for sure.

Members online

Latest posts