Optimism Card

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your last point is great. This team is overlooked and now the underdog. But, a huge difference maker is returning: Claymaker. And he will be sure the defense is fired up after last week's effort. This team, collectively, will have a chip on its shoulder after hearing all the media talk about how this is a lost season. We have a defense capable of being very good to great, and a running attack that still hung 200 on the Bears when they knew we couldn't pass the ball. If Wallace (or whoever) can be steady and not turn the ball over, we can hang in there and salvage the season until Rodgers returns.

Xactly does anyone think McCown would have looked as good as he did with Matthews attacking the edges? Besides in a couple of weeks Perry should be back as well and we'll have our full compliment of pass rushers again.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Another reason for optimism:

That Packer shirt that I was wearing last Monday was the same one I wore during the game that Finley got hurt. Once it makes the trek through the laundry process, I will relegate it to the bottom of the drawer and it will not be worn again this year. Bad shirt. Very bad shirt.

Next week, I will be wearing a luckier shirt.
How very strange, I had started wearing a 2010 SB shirt when the winning streak started. I didn't wear it for Monday Night because I was just getting home from work. It's on me and my shirt folks.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The young guys get all blown out of shape at the first sign of trouble. We old farts will sit back and wait for the feces to hit the oscillator and then react accordingly. :) By and large, getting older sucks but in some ways we do get smarter. I'm not going to let my head explode until it's warranted.
Well said weeds. I'm happy for the young folk who have never witnessed losing season after losing season. Truth be told though, it wasn't that bad. We took our joy from Chuck Cecil hits and beating the Bears.
Win or lose you took joy in converting a 3rd and short and any turnover. You could get tickets to games at relatively modest prices and always were able to see them play at County Stadium.
I'm sad for them because I remember how deflating it was when the Packers... one time world champs, became mediocre. They'll have that wisdom coming to them at some point.
Still - you loved 'em and watched for the memories of individual performances and team gains. It never occurred to me to be a fan of another team and bandwagon it. You just knew in time the Packers would be proud and champions again. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season for what it has the potential to become.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chances on Winning with Rodgers?? 100%..with him at qb we are never out of a game. That's all i'm going to say. You "optimistic' folks better pray that the defense has the performance of their lives and Lacey and Starks go off for 100 yds each.. Oh and that Crosby is on his A+ game cus i expect at least 4 FG's from him...he has become relevant once again.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
100%??

Ro, 9'ers....Bengals ..... look, I recognize that you cannot replace Aaron Rodgers. From my vantage point, we're going to need at least a couple of pretty ugly wins -- and, before Detroit, I think -- over the next 4-6 weeks, whatever it turns out to be. It's not a matter of being optimistic or not, it's a matter of recognizing that over the next 4-6, style points don't count...so, optimistic?, no ... realistic?... yeah, I guess so.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
How very strange, I had started wearing a 2010 SB shirt when the winning streak started. I didn't wear it for Monday Night because I was just getting home from work. It's on me and my shirt folks.

Oh, man. I had no idea that you weren't going to wear your lucky shirt last week. I mean, between my and your coincident screw-ups, the Packers had NO CHANCE.

Let's coordinate better in the future, ok?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Don't feel bad guys ... lucky packer socks were in the laundry at the Weeds household.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Normally we put our Packer flag outside 2 hours before game time..

I worked till 8pm Packer time...My wife forgot to put the flag out..So it is her fault..

Don't worry, I punished her ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Normally we put our Packer flag outside 2 hours before game time..

I worked till 8pm Packer time...My wife forgot to put the flag out..So it is her fault..

Don't worry, I punished her ;)

I can only believe she wasn`t standing anywhere near you when you typed this ???? :D

OP
OP
D

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry guys. I have a blanket that I only wash after losses. It's being washed tonight. I've been doing it since we won the SB and if memory serves me correctly, we haven't lost 2 games in a row since. Trust in the blanket.

Reaction score
I moon walked under a ladder with my Justin Harrell jersey on.... I also spit on a black cat - broke a mirror - stole rocks from Hawaii while making disparaging remarks about their volcano gods - drew pentagrams on the elderly - etc.

I should've just ate chicken wings and sat down - it's my fault Rodgers got hurt.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Oh, man. I had no idea that you weren't going to wear your lucky shirt last week. I mean, between my and your coincident screw-ups, the Packers had NO CHANCE.

Let's coordinate better in the future, ok?
This time I wore the shirt but now I'm not sure of it's luckiness?!?!?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I need a new lucky tradition. Advice? Ideas?
I've considered shaving one of the dogs but they are Paris Hilton dogs and I'm afraid a hawk might snatch them in the backyard thinking they are rats.
Garment, food, drink, breaking things, swearing are all good options. I have never broke from tradition by going outside while special teams are on the field. I can't bear to watch. Who was it that used to have the "FIRE SLOCUM" deal? Even when they're good I can't watch. It's like a flinch.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG!!!!
It's all my fault because I showered and changed clothes sometime after they won.
Those lucky clothes and lucky dirt ended up getting cleaned and washed away.
OK that's it.
Next time Packers win, whenever that will be, I won't change my underwear, socks, or any clothes or shower until the end of the season which hopefully won't be until the final tick of the Super Bowl clock.
Oh, it may get bad and stink to high heaven but at least I will have the nickname of "Lucky."

Members online

Latest posts