1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Optimism Card

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Dagger85, Nov 6, 2013.

1. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +337
    Xactly does anyone think McCown would have looked as good as he did with Matthews attacking the edges? Besides in a couple of weeks Perry should be back as well and we'll have our full compliment of pass rushers again.

2. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,408
    So true. It costs nothing. Kind of like "Pascal's Wager", even if it is intellectually dishonest.

3. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    How very strange, I had started wearing a 2010 SB shirt when the winning streak started. I didn't wear it for Monday Night because I was just getting home from work. It's on me and my shirt folks.

4. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    Well said weeds. I'm happy for the young folk who have never witnessed losing season after losing season. Truth be told though, it wasn't that bad. We took our joy from Chuck Cecil hits and beating the Bears.
    Win or lose you took joy in converting a 3rd and short and any turnover. You could get tickets to games at relatively modest prices and always were able to see them play at County Stadium.
    I'm sad for them because I remember how deflating it was when the Packers... one time world champs, became mediocre. They'll have that wisdom coming to them at some point.
    Still - you loved 'em and watched for the memories of individual performances and team gains. It never occurred to me to be a fan of another team and bandwagon it. You just knew in time the Packers would be proud and champions again. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season for what it has the potential to become.

5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,009
    Chances on Winning with Rodgers?? 100%..with him at qb we are never out of a game. That's all i'm going to say. You "optimistic' folks better pray that the defense has the performance of their lives and Lacey and Starks go off for 100 yds each.. Oh and that Crosby is on his A+ game cus i expect at least 4 FG's from him...he has become relevant once again.

6. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    100%??

Ro, 9'ers....Bengals ..... look, I recognize that you cannot replace Aaron Rodgers. From my vantage point, we're going to need at least a couple of pretty ugly wins -- and, before Detroit, I think -- over the next 4-6 weeks, whatever it turns out to be. It's not a matter of being optimistic or not, it's a matter of recognizing that over the next 4-6, style points don't count...so, optimistic?, no ... realistic?... yeah, I guess so.

7. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +869
    Oh, man. I had no idea that you weren't going to wear your lucky shirt last week. I mean, between my and your coincident screw-ups, the Packers had NO CHANCE.

Let's coordinate better in the future, ok?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Don't feel bad guys ... lucky packer socks were in the laundry at the Weeds household.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Normally we put our Packer flag outside 2 hours before game time..

I worked till 8pm Packer time...My wife forgot to put the flag out..So it is her fault..

Don't worry, I punished her ;)

10. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,889
    I can only believe she wasn`t standing anywhere near you when you typed this ???? :D

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Out shopping LOL

12. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,889
    Thought so...lol, But it feels good to THINK we are the boss in our own home.....:roflmao:

13. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Pulling my lucky socks up to my A Hole.

14. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,889
    There`s a mental picture I could have done without :sick:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +153
    Don't worry guys. I have a blanket that I only wash after losses. It's being washed tonight. I've been doing it since we won the SB and if memory serves me correctly, we haven't lost 2 games in a row since. Trust in the blanket.

16. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    I moon walked under a ladder with my Justin Harrell jersey on.... I also spit on a black cat - broke a mirror - stole rocks from Hawaii while making disparaging remarks about their volcano gods - drew pentagrams on the elderly - etc.

I should've just ate chicken wings and sat down - it's my fault Rodgers got hurt.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    I have a Teddy bear that I push pins into. I've run out of space for more pins.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Damnit Bus ...that was funny. :roflmao:

19. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    This time I wore the shirt but now I'm not sure of it's luckiness?!?!?

20. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    I need a new lucky tradition. Advice? Ideas?
    I've considered shaving one of the dogs but they are Paris Hilton dogs and I'm afraid a hawk might snatch them in the backyard thinking they are rats.
    Garment, food, drink, breaking things, swearing are all good options. I have never broke from tradition by going outside while special teams are on the field. I can't bear to watch. Who was it that used to have the "FIRE SLOCUM" deal? Even when they're good I can't watch. It's like a flinch.

21. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +869
    Yeah, I am running out of shirts. They ALL seem unlucky this year. Maybe I should just paint a giant "G" on my belly...

22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    OMG!!!!
    It's all my fault because I showered and changed clothes sometime after they won.
    Those lucky clothes and lucky dirt ended up getting cleaned and washed away.
    OK that's it.
    Next time Packers win, whenever that will be, I won't change my underwear, socks, or any clothes or shower until the end of the season which hopefully won't be until the final tick of the Super Bowl clock.
    Oh, it may get bad and stink to high heaven but at least I will have the nickname of "Lucky."

23. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    You do know who he is referring to, don't you?
    It can still be funny to you.
    Just want to be sure that you are getting the joke.

24. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Yes I know. Bus comes out with some good ones. Doesn't bother me who he is poking fun at.