On to Next Year

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heartbreaker in AZ. It is time to learn from the mistakes, forget about the outcome of the game, and now move on and think about the future.

What do you guys think we need to shore up the eventual 2010-2011 NFC North Champions, the Packers? (I know it's an oxymoron).:viksux::chisux::detsux:

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol i doubt TT will replace Crosby just yet. Now let's talk about the other players on the roster. Who will stay? Who will go? Barring a new CBA TT will surely keep Collins, Bigby, Colledge, T Will, Spitz and probably Blackmon. The reason why i say probably for blackmon is because there are a lot of great returners in this years draft so he will definitely be expendable. Although Pickett blabbed to the media that he will be getting a new contract, I think TT will let him go considering that awful defensive performance in Arizona. D martin, giordano, bush and bell should all be let go at this point along with allen barbre. Clifton's tenure in Green Bay is done but i hope Tt resigns Tauscher b/c i believe we can squeeze one more year out of him. I'm doubtful about Green but we'll just have to see.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say the biggest fixes would be. . .addressing the O-LINE, we fixed it finally with Cliffy healthy and Tauscher returning but they're aging.

New Kicker.

I can't imagine Kampman coming back unless we put him on the DE trench permanently, maybe opposing Clay. . .that'd make a great pass rush anyday of the week.

An absolute must would be fixing the middle of the field in the 3-4 defense. . .with so many teams using spread formations, it really allows a QB to pick us apart. Not everyone has a stellar QB in the Manning, Brees, Warner (on his good bi-polar days of playing) Favre or Rothlisberger. . .but when we play those QBs they will ALWAYS tear us a new one and we have to rely on scoring 40+ points to win those games and as we saw last night it still wasn't enough.

If we can fix the 3-4 defense and adjust to the spread offenses. . .then we will be a scary team that people will assume they'll lose too. I think we got close to that in the 2nd half of the season but with Minnesota and Pitt exposing our weakness, all we could hope for against any of the NFC playoff teams is that their QB has an off night. I personally don't like hoping for that, I like having confidence that we can stop them more than they stop us.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about a new coach?
Too soon or give Mike one more year?

Seriously?

Statistically he put together a great package, he went 11-5 and lost when the team gave up 51 points in a playoff game. He pointed the offense to score 45 points, how often do you lose a game when you put up that many?

How often do you win giving up 51 points though? He doesn't do defensive play calling. . .in my opinion I don't see anyone losing their job really for obvious reasons. Offensive line was fixed and that was the biggest weak link in the beginning which was adjusted.

I thought it was obvious when Big Ben threw over 500 yards against us and broke our middle defense down with a spread offense, that should have been fixed after that game because we knew we'd play against potent QBs in the playoffs, Warner, Favre, or Brees being all possibilities. . .and it wasn't fixed. I dont think it warrants losing a job since he did great things but Dom has a lot of work to do in my eyes.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about a new coach?
Too soon or give Mike one more year?

Sad because they will give him another year and we will miss out on Cower.
This team isn't as close as people think. They have a lot of holes in that d and the o-line. I don't think one draft is going to fix that. Unless TT changes his philosophy, I don't see this team making the jump.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad because they will give him another year and we will miss out on Cower.
This team isn't as close as people think. They have a lot of holes in that d and the o-line. I don't think one draft is going to fix that. Unless TT changes his philosophy, I don't see this team making the jump.

We have no shot at Cower anyways, he just bought a house in NC if he is going anywhere hes gonna be a Panther.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously?

How often do you win giving up 51 points though? He doesn't do defensive play calling. . .in my opinion I don't see anyone losing their job really for obvious reasons. Offensive line was fixed and that was the biggest weak link in the beginning which was adjusted.

Special teams was pretty rough and as far as I am concerned Slocum better come up with something or start walking. Special teams weren't much this year on both sides of the ball, and it gave up big plays during the worst times. Additionally, Crosby needs to start playing with the talent god gave him or he will become a what if. He has the potential to be a phenomenal, reliable, and game changing kicker that the NFL has seldom seen with the type of leg he has but so far he leaves some desired. I hope he can clean it up, along with the rest of the ST and I think that along with some more DB and LB depth and maybe another D Lineman (Thank you, Jolly for the charges) and a little more stability maybe coaching on the O line GB could be next season's Colts. I really do not see why not. Rodgers is just as, if not better than mostly any QB in the league, and he has more than proved that IMHO.

*Bart Starr lost his first playoff performance*

We all know how that ended up.

Go Pack.

AlDay31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talkin' about the coaches.
Yesterday was probably one of the best games by MMC coached thus far. Very aggresive(they went succesfully for it, when they didn't had to; this onside-kick), and very aware of our weaknesses.
And after he, of course it was not just him but he is the HC so give him credit, turned around a franchise from 6-10 to 11-5 is pretty respectable. I also think he got the main problems fixed(OLine, Penalties, STs), I am pretty sure Al's injury was a to big of a loss to seriously be able to hold against power-offenses. Jarret Bush-Nickel Corner. 'nuff said.
I was pretty convinced, I do so since the Steelersgame, that that team had not a serios shot at CCG, much less the SB just based on our defensive-personnel.

RTruesdell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I saw the game live but the people in front off me would not sit down if any body know where to get a copy of the game please please let me know thanks

Members online

Latest posts