On behalf of this incompetent offense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are top ten in points allowed

Ill take 30th in yards allowed if they are top ten in points.

2005--#1 in yards allowed..4-12 record..I guess that was acceptable?

Edit

And they did it without much help from the Offense, oh and the unit was scorched a couple games when Sam Shields wasn't out there.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what changes would everyone like to see in the offseason?

(Cue several "fire everyone!" Comments)

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's tough to say. They certainly didn't look like this when Montgomery was healthy, and shouldn't when Nelson is. They have the pieces to succeed, now they need depth in case 2 receivers decide to go down and leave us with the 3 Stooges again. Almost every offense looks like crap with no receivers, no matter how good the QB is.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's tough to say. They certainly didn't look like this when Montgomery was healthy, and shouldn't when Nelson is. They have the pieces to succeed, now they need depth in case 2 receivers decide to go down and leave us with the 3 Stooges again. Almost every offense looks like crap with no receivers, no matter how good the QB is.
A monster TE would be nice but I don't know if any are available in this draft.
A pass catching reliable RB would be nice.
A replacement for peppers should be a top priority as well

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

where to start :) I'm not a fan of Campen, never have been. They had me fooled for a while last year and I know they've been injured this year, but the replacements have been some of the worst I've seen, and it's not like they've been good for a long time. They were mostly good despite the offensive line, not because of it. A less mobile qb and we'd have been getting beat a lot more.

Bahk needs to gain about 30lbs of muscle or we need a replacement.

I'd love a better ILB, but OLB might soon become a weakness. Peppers is on borrowed time as far as I'm concerned and will be expensive next year. Perry is as good as gone, or will be back cheap, but even then, will he be on the field? Neal may stay, but he's not a guy we hang our hat on, he's a very good rotational guy, and average starter. Who else is at OLB? Jayrone? He's not Peppers, and he's not Matthews, he's made plays, but he's not all that consistent.

I'm pretty sure we'll get another WR in the draft, probably 2. I don't see us spending big FA money on one, big surprise, and I don't think we need to either, so if there is a FA it won't be a name that gets anyone excited. I see this as a draft upgrade is all. Janis and Abbrederis not even seeing the field, with a unit that desperately needs someone to step up leads me to believe both are very replaceable.

That's a start :)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
With Jordy and Montgomery returning if Thompson uses UFA - and I really think he should - the spot I'd like him to fill is LT. Another WR in the draft should be able to contribute more quickly than a rookie LT. As I've posted before having an average to above-average UFA LT with Sitton, Linsley, Lang, and Bulaga would be a significant upgrade. Bakhtiari could backup both OTs and Tretter inside along with perhaps an improved Walker going into his third season - or whoever wins that spot - would be a much more solid plan than how they went into 2015.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd be alright with Steve Smith being added once Jones is let go...again. It would be nice to add a LT and ilb so Clay can stay outside. The bonus would be for MM to be gone as well. I'm almost willing to settle in bringing in Norve Turner... He probably could do a lot with Rodgers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be alright with Steve Smith being added once Jones is let go...again. It would be nice to add a LT and ilb so Clay can stay outside. The bonus would be for MM to be gone as well. I'm almost willing to settle in bringing in Norve Turner... He probably could do a lot with Rodgers.

I assume you dont mean the steve smith that last played in 2012. So you're probably referring to Sr. who is under contract in 2016 with the ravens and little reason to think he will be available

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Jordy and Montgomery returning if Thompson uses UFA - and I really think he should - the spot I'd like him to fill is LT. Another WR in the draft should be able to contribute more quickly than a rookie LT. As I've posted before having an average to above-average UFA LT with Sitton, Linsley, Lang, and Bulaga would be a significant upgrade. Bakhtiari could backup both OTs and Tretter inside along with perhaps an improved Walker going into his third season - or whoever wins that spot - would be a much more solid plan than how they went into 2015.

Joe Thomas could be available depending on who is running that sh*t show in Cleveland. They wanted a 1st for him though and TT isnt going to do that. At a 2nd they could find a better trading partner than us

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume you dont mean the steve smith that last played in 2012. So you're probably referring to Sr. who is under contract in 2016 with the ravens and little reason to think he will be available

I'm about 98% sure Steve Smith sr will be available come this off season. He would be better than everyone we have not named Jordy Nelson.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm about 98% sure Steve Smith sr will be available come this off season. He would be better than everyone we have not named Jordy Nelson.
You're talking to one of the biggest Steve smith fans around but I'm 98% you're incorrect. I see no reason why the Ravens would release a #1 WR going into the season, especially since his cap hit is only 3 million.
But please enlighten us onto your reasoning of why you are sure he's going to be available

Status
Not open for further replies.