Olivia.....split left

Sky King

Reaction score
It's a chat forum......so as far as "fair topics" I guess in my mind, anything as long as it is within the rules set forth by the powers to be of this forum is "fair game" to chat about. I may make jokes about a player's personal life (Eddie Eating, Janis getting lost in the woods, etc.) but when it comes down to it, a player's personal life is just that, personal. So debating on it and especially things totally not known to even be true, is just fodder for those interested.
Over the years we have seen players struggle with illnesses in their families and even deaths. Personal issues are certainly not limited to romantic relationships. Those issues have been fair game, too. On the other end of that scale Favre's performance against the Raiders was one for the ages because of his personal life.

Is it any of our business whether player X's Mother is dying of breast cancer or lymphoma? Of course not. But when we do eventually find out it does help us to better understand why they may have seemed "off" in games or snapping at a fan or reporter. It can be a two-way street when such matters become known, garnering empathy and patience as well as criticism for their performances.

And breaking-up is hard to do. Countless songs have been written about it. Expecting only criticism will come from one's fellow fans under such circumstances is perhaps the exclusive domain of cynics.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Over the years we have seen players struggle with illnesses in their families and even deaths. Personal issues are certainly not limited to romantic relationships. Those issues have been fair game, too. On the other end of that scale Favre's performance against the Raiders was one for the ages because of his personal life.

Is it any of our business whether player X's Mother is dying of breast cancer or lymphoma? Of course not. But when we do eventually find out it does help us to better understand why they may have seemed "off" in games or snapping at a fan or reporter. It can be a two-way street when such matters become known, garnering empathy and patience as well as criticism for their performances.

And breaking-up is hard to do. Countless songs have been written about it. Expecting only criticism will come from one's fellow fans under such circumstances is perhaps the exclusive domain of cynics.

This is why companies make money on Celebrity News. ;)

In regards to Favre though, I think he chose to approach the death of Irv in the way that he did. He brought the death of his Father to the game, his teammates and the fans. Had he chosen to sit the game out and mourn in silence with his family, I think most would have respected that. Obviously, every personal event for well known people is viewed differently within itself and by who is looking at it. My guess is, Aaron Rodgers might have a neighbor who could be going through his garbage, thinking anything and everything is a treasure and/or newsworthy.

H

HardRightEdge

Very clever. Trying to re-frame the question to suit your position (whatever it is), even infusing a political attack into the thread - another issue not raised by anyone else but you. Are you trying to get the thread shut-down so you don't have to bother answering a simple question?

It's not a trick question, either. So why so much difficulty in answering it? The polite response would be to not respond the question at all instead of resorting to insults and deflection. What does that make you, BTW?

Anybody: If a football player's private life affects their professional life is it a fair topic for discussion on this forum?
Asked and answered. You're trying to defend gossiping. I could not have made that any clearer.

Now, if you can demonstrate that Rodgers blew town for a party boat in Miami during a playoff week, taking a teammate posse with him, then I'll listen. You know, fact not speculation, that goes to the point of performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks to me like he went from a hot brunette to a hot blonde, who may actually be a hot brunette. I kind of liked the old model better.
That's what I was thinking. Once you get on the level of an Olivia Munn, you can't really upgrade, there are only lateral moves. If I had my choice, I would take Munn, but that's talking about looks alone, I don't have anything else to go on.

Sky King

Reaction score
Asked and answered. You're trying to defend gossiping. I could not have made that any clearer.

Now, if you can demonstrate that Rodgers blew town for a party boat in Miami during a playoff week, taking a teammate posse with him, then I'll listen. You know, fact not speculation, that goes to the point of performance.
It is fascinating to watch you build a straw man. :coffee:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks to me like he went from a hot brunette to a hot blonde, who may actually be a hot brunette. I kind of liked the old model better.

Once you get on the level of an Olivia Munn, you can't really upgrade, there are only lateral moves.

I find Olivia quite plain as far as just looks go. 6/10 at best.

If there was ever a draft for WAGs, Olivia would be a classic TT pick...after trading down from R1.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a chat forum......so as far as "fair topics" I guess in my mind, anything as long as it is within the rules set forth by the powers to be of this forum is "fair game" to chat about. I may make jokes about a player's personal life (Eddie Eating, Janis getting lost in the woods, etc.) but when it comes down to it, a player's personal life is just that, personal. So debating on it and especially things totally not known to even be true, is just fodder for those interested.

It wasn't the woods Poker, it was the planted boulevard separating the north and south bound lanes of main street.

Reaction score

If there was ever a draft for WAGs, Olivia would be a classic TT pick...after trading down from R1.
Interesting. So this would make Aarons next girlfriend basically a high Compensatory pick? :cool:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT makes the early pick she may be a bust at playing defense. That could be a pleasing development for Rodgers.

From the pictures I've seen the words tremendous bust come to mind but I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beauty is completely subjective, of course. But I would say that Olivia's mixed ethnic exoticness is anything but plain.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beauty is completely subjective, of course. But I would say that Olivia's mixed ethnic exoticness is anything but plain.

Plain may not be the exact word I would use simply because, as you said, she has an exotic look but I leaning toward agreeing with XPack on this one.

As for Kelly Rorbach she is gorgeous and has a killer body but there are a lot of girls like her. That doesn't make her any less beautiful just nothing special. Well special in the fact that she is gorgeous and has a killer body but in that respect there are a lot of special women.

Then again I think Bridget Moynahan is much better looking than Giselle and Tom Brady messed up on that one so there you go.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing all these women have in common is that none of them can hold a candle to MY wife.

Hey, I'm trying to get a puppy and a new boat so I'm laying it on thick everywhere I go.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree it's subjective, but I think there's a big difference between mixed ethnicity and exoticness. Meghan Markle comes to mind as someone who I consider both.

But yeah, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts