Olivia.....split left

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The real question is why you would care so intensely about a football player's personal life.

Spot on. All I care about is what a player does on the field and in the service of The Green Bay Packers. As long as what he is doing off the field is legal, who the **** cares.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks to me like he went from a hot brunette to a hot blonde, who may actually be a hot brunette. I kind of liked the old model better.

to be honest with you , I was actually thinking nissan gt r. got those two confused. be honest with you again I wouldn't mind driving either one.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if a player's personal life affects what happens on the field?
Then I care enough they work thru whatever it is so their lives can move on. I don't care enough to need to know the who's the how's or the why's, especially from those that are just speculating on everything. I don't pay attention to the media ****** like K's or the Beyonce's of the world, so when they tell all, I tune out. and people like Rodgers don't put their private lives out there at all, so I do my best to mind my own ****ing business.

Sky King

Reaction score
Look at it from another perspective. Do you believe that people's personal lives can affect their job performance? It doesn't matter whether you are respecters of their privacy or not. That's not the question being asked.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it from another perspective. Do you believe that people's personal lives can affect their job performance? It doesn't matter whether you are respecters of their privacy or not. That's not the question being asked.
Of course it can, your drive to work can affect your performance there. Pretty much, if it CAN happen, it CAN affect you for longer than just the moment it happens in. BUT, it does matter if you respect privacy or not. Because I don't care about all their details. I care that they are happy and life is going well for them. I care that they are decent people, but i don't need to know details. I don't need to ask and I don't need to consume the **** the bottom feeders pump out in the way of "journalism" to feed that hunger for details on someone else's life. There are going to be ups and downs to everybody's life. you can't avoid it.

Especially someone as private as Rodgers. he doesn't put his life out there for all to live thru. he never has. he doesn't go around saying "Hey, look at me and how awesome I am everyday in my life" and the people that do, I don't pay attention to anyway. Because I have my own life, and it's nice. I like it and I like to pay attention to it. Except of course when I need a distraction, then I come talk stupid stuff about football :)

But outside of hoping whatever was affecting Rodgers last year got fixed, I did not need a single detail of his family life or his girlfriends or any of the speculation. It serves nothing except other people's desire to talk about other people and be distracted from their own life. At the end of the day, the same coaches coached this team. Rodgers was the same man he was before, we didn't use a stunt double for half the season. He had the same girlfriend who everyone blamed for his demise. He had the same family at the end of the season that he started it with and the team's play clearly improved, as did his.

the only people that matter in that situation are those directly involved with it. They are the only ones that can affect it. The only ones that can change it. They are the only ones that can work thru it. The rest of us are just fluff and we should recognize it. It is none of our business who, how, or why someone is dating someone or how they interact with their families, even if it is affecting your ability to enjoy a game. nobody on the outside knows enough to even have an opinion on someone's personal life and the fact that so many think they do, well it's a problem. and even on the very off chance someone on the outside did know the actual reasons, they damn sure don't have the ability to do anything about it because no matter what they do, they will never be any of those people directly involved. and besides, I can guarantee they have their own issues they should be working on rather than worry about someone else's.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Have any of the jobs that you have held in your life required your boss, co-workers or customers knowledge of your personal life?

H

HardRightEdge

What if a player's personal life affects what happens on the field?
How do you assess that a personal situation is the cause of what you perceive as under-performance and not some other factor? I get that armchair psychoanalysis is a popular pastime, but you simply don't know.

Everybody has personal issues and distractions, with "mo' money, mo' problems" not the least of which with these guys.

Some guys might let a personal situation get in their heads; others find refuge and focus in the game. You don't know.

Of course, many speculated that Munn was in Rodgers head, messing with his game early last season.

Of course, the real issue might have been that his other "best friend" Jordy Nelson looked loggy and was dropping balls coming off the ACL, while the other guys were not exactly picking up the slack with sharp route running. Kinda interesting that as Nelson gained confidence, shook of the rust and picked up his speed things started clicking.

It's also interesting that even before Nelson found his sea legs, starting the second half of the Dallas game, Rodgers was sharp as a tack in the short pass/timing pass game, particularly with his new favorite toy in Montgomery.

Bottom line: Nelson is the straw that stirs the receiver crew's drink in the downfield passing game. Everything pivots off him and the attention paid to him. Oliva Munn does not run routes or catch back shoulders or find the open space on a post pattern.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will allow this thread to be open but if discussion starts to go off topic and conspiracy theories about his sexuality I will shut it down.
No offense to the Mod, but why are "conspiracy theories" about one's sexuality so taboo, yet people are allowed to continue to float theories about every aspect of a player's life? I'm not condoning either, it just seems a bit overbearing to say "I will allow only what I deem to be fitting rumors".

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have any of the jobs that you have held in your life required your boss, co-workers or customers knowledge of your personal life?

Another topic, but for sake of argument, I'll say none and go on to say it's not required of AR, either.

H

HardRightEdge

No offense to the Mod, but why are "conspiracy theories" about one's sexuality so taboo, yet people are allowed to continue to float theories about every aspect of a player's life? I'm not condoning either, it just seems a bit overbearing to say "I will allow only what I deem to be fitting rumors".
While I think this whole line of discussion about Rodgers' personal life strikes me as the province of house fraus in house coats eating bon bons while reading the Enquirer (yeah, the internet changes nothing), I don't see why ****** orientation should be off topic if the rest of the crap is allowed.

When enough people stop thinking that some sh*t ain't nobody's business we get things like a President allowing ISPs to sell reports of your web activity which, if you were not aware, is quite extensive and quite detailed. It may not be long before you can go on-line and buy somebody's web history yourself, and visa versa. Won't that be fun!

If you don't participate then you don't facilitate.

Sky King

Reaction score
Interesting replies. Some answers rather deflective of the basic question that was presented as evidenced by answers to questions not presented by my earlier post. But it shouldn't be too difficult for folks to admit that even football players are human beings that can be affected by influences outside of what takes place on the field.

With all the scrutiny that public figures, including sports figures, are under in the media and on this forum every single day -- some of it being very mean-spirited by design -- it would seem the Rodgers is not immune to being under any less scrutiny than Brett Favre, Jermichael Finley, Jay Cutler, Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Rex Ryan, etc. have been. If any poster has ever weighed-in on those players' personal lives, yet are protective of Rodgers, there's a word for that.

Back to the subject of personal lives affecting job performance: Many employers have Employee Assistance Programs to help employees deal with personal matters, including marriage and other relationship issues. The reason such programs exist seems rather apparent. If personal problems do not affect job performance why do they even exist? Fire the employee and move on, right? Or let the employee involved work it out on their own. Be sure to leave those problems at the door when entering the building.

So let me refine my question: If any player's personal life (not specifically Aaron Rodgers') were to have an effect on their performance on the field, would that make them fair game for discussion on this forum?

H

HardRightEdge

Back to the subject of personal lives affecting job performance: Many employers have Employee Assistance Programs to help employees deal with personal matters, including marriage and other relationship issues. The reason such programs exist seems rather apparent. If personal problems do not affect job performance why do they even exist? Fire the employee and move on, right? Or let the employee involved work it out on their own. Be sure to leave those problems at the door when entering the building.

So let me refine my question: If any player's personal life (not specifically Aaron Rodgers') were to have an effect on their performance on the field, would that make them fair game for discussion on this forum?
The question is not whether personal affairs can affect performance. The question is whether you are in a position to make those judgments. If you're not there, then you can't. That just makes you a house frau with her bon bons and her Enquirer and a keyboard.

You can say what you like, speculate all you like about things with which you have only second or third hand information. But know that just make you a gossip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky King

Reaction score
The question is not whether personal affairs can affect performance. The question is whether you are in a position to make those judgments. If you're not there, then you can't. That just makes you a house frau with her bon bons and a keyboard.
Very clever. Trying to re-frame the question to suit your position (whatever it is), even infusing a political attack into the thread - another issue not raised by anyone else but you. Are you trying to get the thread shut-down so you don't have to bother answering a simple question?

It's not a trick question, either. So why so much difficulty in answering it? The polite response would be to not respond the question at all instead of resorting to insults and deflection. What does that make you, BTW?

Anybody: If a football player's private life affects their professional life is it a fair topic for discussion on this forum?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

The difference being, people's personal lives aren't made public and are dealt with confidentially, as well as being brought to that type of program voluntarily by the person. Like HRE said, I don't doubt a person's personal life has some effect on their professional life, how couldn't it? But it's not the "job" of their fellow workers, customers, etc. to discuss and/or try to fix it, unless that person asks for it.

Now if AR came out and said "I am taking a poll, what are the public opinions of Olivia?" Then he wants to know. I won't repeat the rest of HRE's post......because it was spot on for me in regards to all of this.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anybody: If a football player's private life affects their professional life is it a fair topic for discussion on this forum?

Fair topic? Sure (in my mind). Does it do anything but satisfy people's desires to speculate and ruminate? No

Sky King

Reaction score
The difference being, people's personal lives aren't made public and are dealt with confidentially, as well as being brought to that type of program voluntarily by the person. Like HRE said, I don't doubt a person's personal life has some effect on their professional life, how couldn't it? But it's not the "job" of their fellow workers, customers, etc. to discuss and/or try to fix it, unless that person asks for it.

Now if AR came out and said "I am taking a poll, what are the public opinions of Olivia?" Then he wants to know. I won't repeat the rest of HRE's post......because it was spot on for me in regards to all of this.
So can I conclude in your opinion a player's personal life may be affecting his professional life is is NOT a fair topic for discussion? That's all I'm interested in discovering.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's a chat forum......so as far as "fair topics" I guess in my mind, anything as long as it is within the rules set forth by the powers to be of this forum is "fair game" to chat about. I may make jokes about a player's personal life (Eddie Eating, Janis getting lost in the woods, etc.) but when it comes down to it, a player's personal life is just that, personal. So debating on it and especially things totally not known to even be true, is just fodder for those interested.

Members online

Latest posts