Olivia.....split left

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I see.. thanks for the clarification. So we can talk about his relationship with Olivia ( or lack thereof) and that is not an invasion of his privacy... but if anybody dares say anything about his ****** preference.... that is crossing the line.... that is most enlightened.
If by "we" , you mean 16 year old girls and others who possess the same desire to gossip about the personal life of a person you don't even know, then I can see how you can claim double standards. I don't care who he dates, or the details of the breakup, or the gossip magazine caliber speculation about his ****** orientation . "She's hot" is usually the extent of my commentary about whoever he chooses to date.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If by "we" , you mean 16 year old girls and others who possess the same desire to gossip about the personal life of a person you don't even know, then I can see how you can claim double standards. I don't care who he dates, or the details of the breakup, or the gossip magazine caliber speculation about his ****** orientation . "She's hot" is usually the extent of my commentary about whoever he chooses to date.
Personally, I agree with you ... I don't care about his personal life .... I care how he plays football. My only objection was the arbitrary argument that some aspects of his personal life are acceptable forum topics while others are off limits due to obvious prejudices.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find that it is always the ones who are concerned about other men's ****** orientation, are the ones who are stuck in the closet.... straight men don't wonder or care about that chiz.

Secondly... Rodgers just had a very public relationship with a perfect 12 hottie for 3 years. Anyone who thinks that was for show, is a dufus.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
All I will say is that, if Munn was part of (or the whole) problem with Rodgers and his family, I sincerely hope that for everyone's sake they find a way to patch things up and become close again. Family matters.

Best of luck to Aaron and Olivia in their future endeavors.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I agree with you ... I don't care about his personal life .... I care how he plays football. My only objection was the arbitrary argument that some aspects of his personal life are acceptable forum topics while others are off limits due to obvious prejudices.
Maybe he thinks Tom Brady fans who troll every single Aaron Rodgers article will come in here and bring his sexuality into question.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find that it is always the ones who are concerned about other men's ****** orientation, are the ones who are stuck in the closet.... straight men don't wonder or care about that chiz.

Secondly... Rodgers just had a very public relationship with a perfect 12 hottie for 3 years. Anyone who thinks that was for show, is a dufus.

Always?? Sometimes perhaps but I doubt always.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Whaaaaaaaat, that's BS because I'm only gay for Aaron.

Note: this comment was made tongue in cheek.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing talk about how Olivia Munn is behind Rodgers' problems with his family, but I haven't heard any details. Anybody have any idea what that is all about? What did she supposedly do that drove a wedge there?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody knows anything about anything. Just speculation mostly driven by a hack journalist hoping to gain some readers and his unamed sources which were not any of AR, Olivia, or family members involved.

One thing I do know, his brother went on the ****ing Bachelor, what other reason would you need to separate yourself from a circus? His only claim to fame is being AR's brother, and he appeared to want to use that to his benefit. AR, is obviously very private and is very careful with how his celebrity is used.

Other than that, Rodgers and Olivia seemed happy and now they are done. Can't we just leave well enough alone? They both seem to be well adjusted adults who can figure things out.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing talk about how Olivia Munn is behind Rodgers' problems with his family, but I haven't heard any details. Anybody have any idea what that is all about? What did she supposedly do that drove a wedge there?

Here's my random speculation on the family situation.

Theory 1. Jordan Rodgers dated Olivia Munn's trainer/good friend, who accused him of cheating on her. Maybe Aaron opted to side with his girlfriend against his cheating brother.

Source: http://people.com/tv/bachelorette-jordan-rodgers-accused-of-cheating-by-olivia-munns-trainer/

Theory 2. Aaron got sick of his brothers being hangers-on to his celebrity, and his parents sided with them.

Older brother Luke became an "NFL Insider" for CBS Sports and other outlets and established a sports clothing line off of his younger brother's celebrity. You'll notice the pinned tweet on Luke's Twitter is of one of Aaron's former teammates at Cal, Justin Forsett.
https://twitter.com/thelukerodgers

Jordan also seemed to be coasting on his brother's connections. Okay, he played QB at Vandy (and Aaron would watch him during his bye weeks), but he hasn't had much of a pro career -- not even in the CFL. Yet he got on The Bachelorette by being Aaron's brother.

Also, Aaron's parents and brothers revealed who they are by airing their dirty laundry on ABC national television (The Bachelorette) -- and subsequently in the New York Times -- instead of lying to keep the feud private or just saying "no comment."

Theory 3: Maybe Aaron became more liberal living in West Hollywood with Olivia these past few offseasons, and interacting with those awful Hollywood Sodomites!! And maybe his parents are deeply Christian conservatives. Luke calls himself a "follower of Jesus" on his Twitter bio, and Jordan was a member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes at Vandy.

Aaron is also Christian, but he hasn't been one to wear it on his sleeve. (Recall that he basically criticized Russell Wilson for saying God had wanted the Seahawks to win.)

Last year, Aaron taped a 2-hour(!!!) podcast with HBO star Pete Holmes, who barely had any idea who Aaron was since he doesn't follow football. Aaron actually liked that Holmes wasn't an NFL fan, and they discussed his newfound vegan-ness, and Rodgers also admitted being uncomfortable with certain aspects of Christianity.

Listen here: http://nerdist.com/you-made-it-weird-310-aaron-rodgers/

So maybe it's a political divide, maybe it's a religious divide. Maybe it's both.

I should also point out the whole "Muslim" thing, which resulted in President Obama sending Aaron a personalized note, as Rodgers told AJ Hawk on his podcast. And then Rodgers, through his friendship with astronaut Mark Kelly, was invited to golf with Obama at Andrews Air Force Base.

A cursory look at whom Luke follows on Twitter includes some controversial right-wing figures, plus "Reagan quotes."

I can't glean any politics from Jordan.

Aaron, meanwhile, follows Obama, and left figures like Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden.

Again, I'm not saying Aaron is a liberal, or a Democrat (he has preferred not to speak about politics, since politics is very alienating). I'm just saying that perhaps he's become more starkly liberal than his family, perhaps due to Olivia, and that has become a source of tension.

Theory 4: Maybe his family is pissed that Aaron ditched his hometown girlfriend and ended up with a Hollywood actress.

Jordan Rodgers isn't Aaron's only connection to The Bachelor franchise.

A few years ago, there was a contestant on The Bachelor who got pretty far named Shawntel Newton. What was unique about her was that she worked in a funeral home in Chico, California with her dad. A year later, The Bachelor brought her back to "crash" the show.

Shawntel's younger sister is Destiny Newton, who was Rodgers' girlfriend in the early part of this decade. Destiny was shown on 60 Minutes when the CBS newsmagazine profiled Aaron.

Perhaps the Newton family and the Rodgers family are close. And maybe they were pissed that the relationship between Aaron and Destiny ended and that he was seeing some Hollywood actress.

Again, this is all speculation.

I should also note that the creator/honcho behind The Bachelor franchise is a guy named Mike Fleiss.

Fleiss, like Aaron Rodgers, is a Cal alum. In fact, Fleiss covered the Cal football team back in the '80s for UC Berkeley's student newspaper. And if you click on that link in the previous sentence, you'll notice another name besides that of Fleiss: Mike Silver of NFL Network fame.

Silver, who is close with Aaron Rodgers, is very close to The Bachelor creator, so it all comes full circle.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody knows anything about anything. Just speculation mostly driven by a hack journalist hoping to gain some readers and his unamed sources which were not any of AR, Olivia, or family members involved.

One thing I do know, his brother went on the ******* Bachelor, what other reason would you need to separate yourself from a circus? His only claim to fame is being AR's brother, and he appeared to want to use that to his benefit. AR, is obviously very private and is very careful with how his celebrity is used.

Other than that, Rodgers and Olivia seemed happy and now they are done. Can't we just leave well enough alone? They both seem to be well adjusted adults who can figure things out.

I think calling it speculation is giving it too much credence.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Theory 1. Jordan Rodgers dated Olivia Munn's trainer/good friend, who accused him of cheating on her. Maybe Aaron opted to side with his girlfriend against his cheating brother.

Source: http://people.com/tv/bachelorette-jordan-rodgers-accused-of-cheating-by-olivia-munns-trainer/

Theory 2. Aaron got sick of his brothers being hangers-on to his celebrity, and his parents sided with them.

Older brother Luke became an "NFL Insider" for CBS Sports and other outlets and established a sports clothing line off of his younger brother's celebrity. You'll notice the pinned tweet on Luke's Twitter is of one of Aaron's former teammates at Cal, Justin Forsett.

Jordan also seemed to be coasting on his brother's connections. Okay, he played QB at Vandy (and Aaron would watch him during his bye weeks), but he hasn't had much of a pro career -- not even in the CFL. Yet he got on The Bachelorette by being Aaron's brother.

Also, Aaron's parents and brothers revealed who they are by airing their dirty laundry on ABC national television (The Bachelorette) -- and subsequently in the New York Times -- instead of lying to keep the feud private or just saying "no comment."

Theory 3: Maybe Aaron became more liberal living in West Hollywood with Olivia these past few offseasons, and interacting with those awful Hollywood Sodomites!! And maybe his parents are deeply Christian conservatives. Luke calls himself a "follower of Jesus" on his Twitter bio, and Jordan was a member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes at Vandy.

Aaron is also Christian, but he hasn't been one to wear it on his sleeve. (Recall that he basically criticized Russell Wilson for saying God had wanted the Seahawks to win.)

Last year, Aaron taped a 2-hour(!!!) podcast with HBO star Pete Holmes, who barely had any idea who Aaron was since he doesn't follow football. Aaron actually liked that Holmes wasn't an NFL fan, and they discussed his newfound vegan-ness, and Rodgers also admitted being uncomfortable with certain aspects of Christianity.

So maybe it's a political divide, maybe it's a religious divide. Maybe it's both.

I should also point out the whole "Muslim" thing, which resulted in President Obama sending Aaron a personalized note, as Rodgers told AJ Hawk on his podcast. And then Rodgers, through his friendship with astronaut Mark Kelly, was invited to golf with Obama at Andrews Air Force Base.

A cursory look at whom Luke follows on Twitter includes some controversial right-wing figures, plus "Reagan quotes."

Aaron, meanwhile, follows Obama, and left figures like Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden.

Again, I'm not saying Aaron is a liberal, or a Democrat (he has preferred not to speak about politics, since politics is very alienating). I'm just saying that perhaps he's become more starkly liberal than his family, perhaps due to Olivia, and that has become a source of tension.

Theory 4: Maybe his family is pissed that Aaron ditched his hometown girlfriend and ended up with a Hollywood actress.

A few years ago, there was a contestant on The Bachelor who got pretty far named Shawntel Newton. What was unique about her was that she worked in a funeral home in Chico, California with her dad. A year later, The Bachelor brought her back to "crash" the show.

Shawntel's younger sister is Destiny Newton, who was Rodgers' girlfriend in the early part of this decade. Destiny was shown on 60 Minutes when the CBS newsmagazine profiled Aaron.

Perhaps the Newton family and the Rodgers family are close. And maybe they were pissed that the relationship between Aaron and Destiny ended and that he was seeing some Hollywood actress.

I should also note that the creator/honcho behind The Bachelor franchise is a guy named Mike Fleiss.

Fleiss, like Aaron Rodgers, is a Cal alum. In fact, Fleiss covered the Cal football team back in the '80s for UC Berkeley's student newspaper. And if you click on that link in the previous sentence, you'll notice another name besides that of Fleiss: Mike Silver of NFL Network fame.

Silver, who is close with Aaron Rodgers, is very close to The Bachelor creator, so it all comes full circle.

Wow. That is a lot of info. I have no idea how much is fact, but it is not uncommon for family members to have issues with famous or rich relatives. Usually it comes down to wanting money, shared fame or opportunities using the famous name. Nothing surprises me anymore. But I will support our QB unless something really wrong happens. Ray Rice like stuff. I have no interest nor concern who he squadoinkles. If he is happy then I am happy. I just don't care. Just win baby, to quote the late Al Davis.

H

HardRightEdge

The real question is why you would care so intensely about a football player's personal life.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts