OLine Not as Bad as We Think?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed this, and of course NBC didn't point it out to us.
But you all saw that cheap shot Fat Fairley put on Rodgers late in the game, smashing Rodgers down and ultimately hitting his head on Barclay's knee. That could have hurt 2 people, could have given Rodgers a concussion.
Rodgers was pissed after that play didn't get a flag thrown. It was the long pass on 3rd down so it was a little while before we got the ball back to essentially run out the game.

Next play we had the ball, we ran the ball right, and Saturday and someone else blocked Fairley. Saturday rode him hard til past the whistle, smashed him into the ground. You might recall seeing Fairley kinda hobble off the field with his ego injured.
Great job Saturday..... I was wondering if we were gonna bring out the old ZBS low cutback blocks into Fairley.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are just a flat out dirty team, a direct reflection of their bush-league head coach. I'm happy to see them struggling this year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed this, and of course NBC didn't point it out to us.
But you all saw that cheap shot Fat Fairley put on Rodgers late in the game, smashing Rodgers down and ultimately hitting his head on Barclay's knee. That could have hurt 2 people, could have given Rodgers a concussion.
Rodgers was pissed after that play didn't get a flag thrown. It was the long pass on 3rd down so it was a little while before we got the ball back to essentially run out the game.

Next play we had the ball, we ran the ball right, and Saturday and someone else blocked Fairley. Saturday rode him hard til past the whistle, smashed him into the ground. You might recall seeing Fairley kinda hobble off the field with his ego injured.
Great job Saturday..... I was wondering if we were gonna bring out the old ZBS low cutback blocks into Fairley.
Actually NBC did, even gave a replay. God to see we swallowed our pride and cut

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually NBC did, even gave a replay. God to see we swallowed our pride and cut
I'm talking about the block that Saturday put on him.
Michaels & Collinsworth didn't mention it at all.
Conrad Dobler and Dan Dierdorf would have been proud.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm talking about the block that Saturday put on him.
Michaels & Collinsworth didn't mention it at all.
Conrad Dobler and Dan Dierdorf would have been proud.
I saw EDS and Sitton throw cuts too.

As far as Fairley goes... When Fairley got flagged or the second time when they said he should have gotten flagged? Because the pointed out and replayed both.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw EDS and Sitton throw cuts too.

As far as Fairley goes... When Fairley got flagged or the second time when they said he should have gotten flagged? Because the pointed out and replayed both.
Here's the play where Fairley, after the pass was gone, grabbed and threw Rodgers down, his head hitting Barclay's knee. http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions/0ap2000000108624/Fairley-shows-no-remorse
Collinsworth points this cheapie out on the replay.

But after we got the ball back the next time, first play was a running play, and Saturday gave Fairley a bit of payback, with the smash into the ground after the whistle, which was beautiful.
Fairley left the game..... NBC didn't focus on that block which was payback. Fairley is a punk.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fairley was high on whatever bowl of nasty that Detoit players seem to consume. Prior to going back to the locker room before the start of the game, he left the sidelines doing some sort of weird dance grabbing his crotch. Possibly a case of bad jock itch was making him unusually mean and crabby! ;)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I miss the days of us having the "pay back" type guy.....you know, Ol' chuck cecil....lol....that dude would hit people so hard, he would break his own damn nose. He was bleeding every game. I'm not saying we need a consistantly dirty guy, but I like having someone the other guys fear hitting them.

I agree the lions are dirty, maybe just a little more so as of late due to frustrations of getting their butts kicked.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fairley was high on whatever bowl of nasty that Detoit players seem to consume. Prior to going back to the locker room before the start of the game, he left the sidelines doing some sort of weird dance grabbing his crotch. Possibly a case of bad jock itch was making him unusually mean and crabby! ;)
Not jock itch, that's called "black", or "gangsta", or "ghetto".
Dis whatchu talking bout?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

I miss the days of us having the "pay back" type guy.....you know, Ol' chuck cecil....lol....that dude would hit people so hard, he would break his own damn nose. He was bleeding every game. I'm not saying we need a consistantly dirty guy, but I like having someone the other guys fear hitting them.

I agree the lions are dirty, maybe just a little more so as of late due to frustrations of getting their butts kicked.

His name is Desmond Bishop.

Latest posts