Oline is Terrible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
P

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, is it not the truth? How does a fair weathered fan come into to play? You hate hearing the truth?

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say your O line is terrible. Dallas did the exact same thing to the Eagles last week in the 4th quarter. They push and push and push and by the 4th, the O line is tired, and the QB is scrambling for his life.

I tried pointing out before that the Dallas D only gave up 7 points in the second half last week, and sacked McNabb 4 times.

Dallas has a good defense.

Why they opted to go to a prevent that early in the 4th is beyond me. But regardless, Dallas is the best team in the league right now.

Glad no one got hurt out of this...was some big hitting.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MoxRox said:
I wouldn't say your O line is terrible. Dallas did the exact same thing to the Eagles last week in the 4th quarter. They push and push and push and by the 4th, the O line is tired, and the QB is scrambling for his life.

I tried pointing out before that the Dallas D only gave up 7 points in the second half last week, and sacked McNabb 4 times.

Dallas has a good defense.

Why they opted to go to a prevent that early in the 4th is beyond me. But regardless, Dallas is the best team in the league right now.

Glad no one got hurt out of this...was some big hitting.

Got to give you that, Dallas had the better D tonight no doubt. It still would have been nice if the Oline showed up to play. Maybe give Rodgers a little more time

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wischeez said:
5 threads of "The Truth" is getting carried away.

What the heck are you talking about? Where are the other 4 threads? Why is it against the rules to point out the fact that the OL is in dire need of an upgrade, particularly at both guards?

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GreenBlood said:
wischeez said:
5 threads of "The Truth" is getting carried away.

What the heck are you talking about? Where are the other 4 threads? Why is it against the rules to point out the fact that the OL is in dire need of an upgrade, particularly at both guards?

The other threads were deleted. There is no sense in having 5 threads stating the same thing. It's not against the rules and nobody said it was.One thread can cover that

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the problem was with the O-Line today. Was Dallas beating us off the snap? In any case i was more disappointed in the run blocking then anything else. I'm not sure which bothered me more, the Miscues on the O-line or our seeming lack of a Running game. Anyone know why we packed it in on the run?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think as much as MM claims that he wants to establish the running game, that he never will stick with the run.
Take Rodgers out of the equation, Grant and Jackson combined for ONLY 16 carries for 74 yards, that is 4.6 yards a carry and that ain't bad going against the Cowboys D.
I think MM is being dishonest with himself as well as the fans when he claims to be committed to the run.
I do have to say the running backs are getting most of their yardage on there own as the O-line is creating no real apparent holes to run through.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I think as much as MM claims that he wants to establish the running game, that he never will stick with the run.
Take Rodgers out of the equation, Grant and Jackson combined for ONLY 16 carries for 74 yards, that is 4.6 yards a carry and that ain't bad going against the Cowboys D.
I think MM is being dishonest with himself as well as the fans when he claims to be committed to the run.
I do have to say the running backs are getting most of their yardage on there own as the O-line is creating no real apparent holes to run through.

I'm so glad i wasn't the only one who thought that. Also, am I the only one that thinks Donald Driver has something wrong, whether mentally or physically? The guy just seems to have zero chemistry with Rodgers, at least in the two games I've seen thus far.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
yooperfan said:

I'm so glad i wasn't the only one who thought that. Also, am I the only one that thinks Donald Driver has something wrong, whether mentally or physically? The guy just seems to have zero chemistry with Rodgers, at least in the two games I've seen thus far.

I think Driver has dropped too many balls during the pre-season and the 1st couple of games leading Rodgers to have not that much confidence in him.
I agree, something does not look right between them.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is disappointing me with his play selection. With DAL up 20-9 GB had a 3rd & two around mid-field. The formation was empty backfield! At least TRY to pretend the run is an option, Coach.

Other times the offensive play-calling reminded me of the old '70s style of run, run, pass, punt. 1,2,3, kick.

Rodgers lays down under heavy pressure too much. I can't recall the last time a GB QB was sacked 5 times in a single game.

Knowing that games are won & lost in the trenches this loss lies solely on the O-line. Not enough push for the RBs to break free & precious little time for Rodgers to find the open guy.

Something else bothering me is the lack of audibles. Did Rodgers even call one last night? Don't make me say that NAME but... oh, hell it's only one game & luckily GB doesn't have to play the Cowboys every week.

DAL plays in the toughest division in the league so with any luck they'll get beat at least twice & if GB can hold it together without other teams duplicating what what DAL just did, home-field advantage in the playoffs is still a possibility.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
R I can't recall the last time a GB QB was sacked 5 times in a single game.

Last year we had 3-4 against Dallas. Much similar Favre got a threw balls off right before he got nailed which ended up in picks. Rodgers got sacked and rushed as well. Both games the QB's were under IMMENSE pressure.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our starting center is out and Moll is a back-up at best against one of the best D lines in football. I think a lot of us are being a tad severe here. Let's see if we are still having problems next week. Just think, we could be NE fans watching our team get whacked by Miami!! :lol:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
dough, I like your ideas, but if you dont know for a fact how things are done, why get bent out of shape over it?

Rodgers lays down to much? Maybe he is told do not EVER try to "make" a play like you know who if your in trouble..Some firmly believe that MM HATED you know who doing that and is/was big reason why he wasn't "allowed" back. Cuz he couldnt and wouldnt stop doing it..

and how do you know if he didnt audible? Did you know every exact play that was called in the huddle?

I for one am willing to bet he audible a few times, just the general public DOESNT notice it

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
packer98 said:
I guess your not aloud to speak the truth here?
Truth yes..multiple post No. We heard you the first time. I have stated that lack of cohesion on the line would bite us hard...but we got your point at after the third time.
No need to get upset just turn down the volume. understood ?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
Rodgers lays down under heavy pressure too much. I can't recall the last time a GB QB was sacked 5 times in a single game.

I agree with most of what you said except this. QB's can't block, so they don't control how much pressure they are under. Now you must consider that our last quarterback avoided sacks to a fault. He would go to such lengths to avoid a 5 yard sack so as to throw the ball up for grabs. I'd rather see a sack than an INT.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
and how do you know if he (Rodgers) didnt audible? Did you know every exact play that was called in the huddle?

When I see an offense set in their positions preparing for the snap & the QB pauses & barks a few commands to his mates it's a safe assumption that he's calling an audible. I didn't see every offensive snap for GB last night but the majority of them I did & Rodgers didn't appear to do that.

I was asking other fans reading this thread if Rodgers called any audibles. Granted I'm not in the huddle & I don't know if MM has conditions under which Rodgers can/can't change the play. Maybe Rodgers isn't confident enough yet in his ability to read a defense to change plays. It's all a mystery to everyone outside the inner circle of the Packers.

Every playcall in the WCO has more than one way to execute it & audibles are common. Runs change to passes & vice versa, depending upon what the D is showing immediately before the snap. I won't say the NAME but audibles were frequent during the '07 season & usually with positive results.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
dough, I like your ideas, but if you dont know for a fact how things are done, why get bent out of shape over it?

Rodgers lays down to much? Maybe he is told do not EVER try to "make" a play like you know who if your in trouble..Some firmly believe that MM HATED you know who doing that and is/was big reason why he wasn't "allowed" back. Cuz he couldnt and wouldnt stop doing it..

and how do you know if he didnt audible? Did you know every exact play that was called in the huddle?

I for one am willing to bet he audible a few times, just the general public DOESNT notice it

+1

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
longtimefan said:
and how do you know if he (Rodgers) didnt audible? Did you know every exact play that was called in the huddle?

When I see an offense set in their positions preparing for the snap & the QB pauses & barks a few commands to his mates it's a safe assumption that he's calling an audible. I didn't see every offensive snap for GB last night but the majority of them I did & Rodgers didn't appear to do that.

I was asking other fans reading this thread if Rodgers called any audibles. Granted I'm not in the huddle & I don't know if MM has conditions under which Rodgers can/can't change the play. Maybe Rodgers isn't confident enough yet in his ability to read a defense to change plays. It's all a mystery to everyone outside the inner circle of the Packers.

Every playcall in the WCO has more than one way to execute it & audibles are common. Runs change to passes & vice versa, depending upon what the D is showing immediately before the snap. I won't say the NAME but audibles were frequent during the '07 season & usually with positive results.

Don't get me wrong I know exactly what your saying..

It just that there might be a slight nod, or a slight number change at the line to change the play we are not aware of

I think most of us can pick up when it really is an obvious audible...

I have a feeling that Rodgers has every option just like BF did..In fact i am willing to bet hard money on it

If your confident audibles were common in 07, can you name 5 ?

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think Brett Favre was allowed to audible at all what makes you think they would let Rodgers Audible if they didn't let Favre do it last year?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Wells coming back this week and Spitz replacing Moll the O line just has to be better! On Sunday night we only had 3 WRs after Jones got hurt and only 3 healthy RBs! So when we went to pass we had to keep in an extra blocker (and the girls still were in Aarons face!) so it was easier for Dallas to cover our guys running routes out there. Thus Aaron had to run for his life and had no one to throw to so it isn't any wonder our offense sputtered big time! :(

Members online

Latest posts