Oh to be a charger fan.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was pulling for them, but was not at all surprised to see New England beat them. The Chargers have a lot of good young players, so they should be back next year. They really whizzed it down their leg today, though. It's going to be a looooooooooooong offseason for them.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man......thats tough. They did so good in the regular season. Reminded me of what the Colts usually do.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man......thats tough. They did so good in the regular season. Reminded me of what the Colts usually do.

There must be a hidden secret in this.
At 09:31 this morning, after a sleepless night full of NFL research,
I almost thought, that the Pats were a very good team, but........no.....no, this can't be. Sounds too awful.

Can't someone else win SB XLI, instead of the Bears or the Pats???
PLEEEEEEEAAAASE
:)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres what gets me. What the heck happens when they reach the playoffs? Meltdown!
He seems to have a good regular season all the time!
Here is what he should do.........coach the regular season, then hire a PLAYOFF coach! He shouldn't even show up at the stadium!

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going for it on 4th and 11? Killing a needed time out with a challenge that the up stairs people could have told him to forget if he had his head set on?

I think Marty wanted get rid of the terrm "Marty Ball" once and for all. It was a stupid call. He cut off his nose to spite his face. He wanted to prove he was not all about Marty ball in a game that he could have won by playing Marty Ball.

His team also screwed up on the basics, and the coach is accountable.

I feel sorry for him actually.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did he "choke" in the playoffs when he was in K.C. or was it because they were a one-sided football team and that was exposed when you have to play the leagues best in a win or go home situation?
He did a good job just to get them there considering that they had no defense for years.
At K.C. in 10 seasons he was 101-58-1 in the regular season including three division titles, seven playoff appearances, and a trip to the AFC Championship game.

Losing to the Broncos and John Elway when he was with Cleveland was choking too?
He was 44-27 in the regular-season and won three AFC Central Division titles, and two trips to the AFC Championship game.
Have they been back since he left?

What exactly did the Chargers ever do before he got there?
In the 2 seasons before he arrived they went 1-15 and 5-11.
They were up to .500 his first year there and 2 years later they win their division.
They went to the playoffs just twice in 19 years before he came to town.

If they fire him then they are just as backwards as the Mannings claimed that they are.
The Dolphins are wetting their pants hoping that he is fired in San Diego.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's unfortunate how strong the feeling is in the NFL of "Yes, but what have you done lately?" Sure, the disappointment is heavy but it's not as if the Chargers were playing the Raiders. They needed to be at the top of their game to beat the Pats. The Colts will learn that this week. One thing for sure...if they dump Shott, he'll land on his feet elsewhere.

Staff online

Members online