Official week 17 lion game

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as long as he's not taking cheap shots and stomping players after the whistle blows, I think who plays center is the least of our concerns.

Center is one the key positions on offense. Hes the guy who calls out protections etc. Losing your starting Center absolutely makes a big difference. Especially on the road.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions defense has been unbeatable the entire year, with the exception of their loss to the Patriots. What did the Patriots do to beat the Lions defense? Whatever they did, I think MM and Rodgers need to sit down and watch a whole lot of film of that game. Replicate the Patriots gameplan. Everything we tried in week three failed. I have confidence that our defense will play solidly, I'm more afraid of the offense sputtering, much like they did against the Bills. The Lions have a similar defense.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Lacy rushes for a hundred yards in this game and a score, and Arod does enough at home to combat a stellar defensive line. Two things are going to be the difference maker in this game; our special teams and our pass rush. It goes without saying that we need to step it up on special teams, but I think even more importantly we need to be able to get to Stafford. If we can get 3+ sacks in this game I'd be pretty confident.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Center is one the key positions on offense. Hes the guy who calls out protections etc. Losing your starting Center absolutely makes a big difference. Especially on the road.
our offensive line against their defensive line is going to be a much bigger match up in this game. If we protect Rodgers and give some holes for Eddie, I don't care how their new center plays.

I think our defense is playing much better than earlier in the year. I think they'll be just fine no matter who is playing center.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if our offensive line plays like it did in week 3, it won't matter what the game plan is. They've been playing much better for most of the season, but those first 4 weeks were not their best or even close to it.

I just hope our special teams don't ruin it for us. 20 yard punts with 40 yard returns and blocked kicks aren't going to get it done.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think a big element of this game is going to be penalties. The Lions are going to get frustrated easily I think if things don't go their way early on, and coming off a game with a dirty play the refs will likely be zoning in on the Lions more than the Packers. I expect a lot of yellow laundry in this game.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Lacy rushes for a hundred yards in this game and a score, and Arod does enough at home to combat a stellar defensive line. Two things are going to be the difference maker in this game; our special teams and our pass rush. It goes without saying that we need to step it up on special teams, but I think even more importantly we need to be able to get to Stafford. If we can get 3+ sacks in this game I'd be pretty confident.

If you dont get 3+ sacks on the O line the Lions have right now your Defense is not doing its job.

They will be missing 2 Starters on the O line and starting a rookie Center for the first time.

Last edited:

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically....the lions were missing players on the O line and other players and could not move the ball..they had 3 drops on TD passes in the endzone as well. If the O line for the lions cannot block and you get pressure on Stafford you will get the ball many more times back without them scoring that's what happened in NE. It's set up for that to happen again as they are missing 2 starters on the O line with the suspension of the Center. Even more so that a rookie will have to call the line and snap a game for the first time.

The Lions Defense is good, but being on the field all game can wear them down.

If the Lions are to win this game their Defense will have to play a very very long and good game..

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope the Lions play cocky like they did in 2011, Stafford passes for 520 yrds Tds and they still lost to a back up who threw one - two picks.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our O-Line is totally different from week 3, they will have to hold up on the back in, trust the lions are more afraid of us then we are of them. The lions have been playing sloppy ball the past 3 weeks.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our offensive line against their defensive line is going to be a much bigger match up in this game. If we protect Rodgers and give some holes for Eddie, I don't care how their new center plays.

I think our defense is playing much better than earlier in the year. I think they'll be just fine no matter who is playing center.

I don't think they'll be "fine". Raiola was a leader on that team. A team captain too. You're really downplaying a position on the Lions that is important. Raiola is their best and most consistent offensive lineman. Their OL was suspect to begin with, but taking away their best offensive lineman compounds that issue even further. It'll most certainly have an effect on them.

Now if this game was in Detroit, I might agree with you. But its not. Its at Lambeau where its going to be loud and cold. The center making sure protections are called out right will be key for them. So I wouldn't exactly feel too confident knowing that my center is a rookie making his first NFL start in a big game like this on the road.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off we need, no check that, must establish a run game and stick with it. The line played like hot garbage that first game and I don't see a repeat performance in the offing. This game will determine whether or not we get a home game for sure. This game will determine whether or not our boys (AR's calf most pressing) get a whole week off to rest their battered bodies. This is the game you work your *** off all year for. THIS is THE game and I expect a focused, hungry, pissed off bunch of Packers to show up and win, lose or draw leave it on the field! The D seems to rounding back into form and this is a great test for the Offense because so many people think we can't beat defenses like the Lions, Bills and Seahawks. The key on D is making Stafford feel uncomfortable and force him into throw up some 50/50 balls. As is the case most games if he can sit back there, feel comfortable and get in a rhythm we could be in for a long day. They have enough weaponry to score some points and I for one am hoping that bum Tate gets smoked coming across the middle. That dude is always running gas and we all remember the debacle in Seattle he was so heavily involved in. We have indeed struggled with these D's and getting some positive results vs. the Lions could really give us some confidence moving into the playoffs. I don't care about all the stats about the Lions never winning in Lambeau or how they play below 20 degrees or whatever. To me each game is it's own animal and when you start buying into those silly stats you end up with egg on your face. I think this is going to be a tightly contested game with the result being a Good Guys win and another Norris Title. Green and Gold: 24 Lions: 20

PS: Raiola is a cheap shot artist and one of the last remaining remnants of the Schwartz regime. He should have received a 2 gamer in my opinion but we will take the one. He is a flat out bum.

G P G!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was referencing our defense saying they are playing much better than earlier, they (the defense) will be fine no matter who lines up at center for the Lions. I'm not worried about our defense against their offense either way. Our offensive line and their Dline are another matter and much more important.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions will rush four and drop seven. There is nothing special about it and there is not a special way to beat it. The line has to pass protect, the WRs have to get open, and Rodgers has to hit the throw.

That's why our offense worked when the Patriots tried this scheme, the line won, the WRs got open and Rodgers hit them. In the first Lions game, the 0 line did not hold up. Against Buffalo, guys had a hard time getting open and sometimes when they did, we did not execute.

There is no fancy gameplan that MM can throw together that will automatically work. A good one can help, but it will come down to guys winning their match ups and execution more than anything else.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Lions will rush four and drop seven. There is nothing special about it and there is not a special way to beat it. The line has to pass protect, the WRs have to get open, and Rodgers has to hit the throw.

That's why our offense worked when the Patriots tried this scheme, the line won, the WRs got open and Rodgers hit them. In the first Lions game, the 0 line did not hold up. Against Buffalo, guys had a hard time getting open and sometimes when they did, we did not execute.

There is no fancy gameplan that MM can throw together that will automatically work. A good one can help, but it will come down to guys winning their match ups and execution more than anything else.

Yup, There is no magic wand MM can wave. We have the pieces, just need to go out there and execute.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched the Lions/Patriots game. A lot of pressure on Stafford was created by blitzing from the LB's. They were very successful in getting to Stafford by delayed bitz and by twisting into the middle of the line.

I think it's more of an execution of the offense more than anything. Make holes for Lacy to run into. WR's create space during the routes and Rodgers being Rodgers. I believe they will get it done with the week 3 loss on their shoulders and a bye on the line.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacy needs to have a day, get that play action going, I don't like our chances on many 3rd & longs. Defense needs to continue to play well.

Look, as far as I'm concerned homefield advantage wins this one for us just like it has the past 23 years, unless they can prove otherwise I don't see any reason to start doubting us.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this game has officially been flexed to 330 right? On Fox?

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shades of 1993 all over again.

This game is bringing back memories of the last time both teams were in this position. Ironically it was getting over-shadowed a little bit by the Badgers in the Rose Bowl that same week, but none the less was kind of important.

Packers and Lions met in Detroit for the NFC Central title come W17 of the 1993 season. Both teams 9-6. Detroit came out on top in that game 30-20 giving them ironically what was their last division title.

I was at that game in Detroit... gosh their fans were not very pleasant to deal with during and after the game.

Reaction score
My guess is that we see a higher output than our first meeting.
GB 3o Lions 20
Very possible Lions lead at the half by 1-3 pts

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at that game in Detroit... gosh their fans were not very pleasant to deal with during and after the game.
Not much has changed after 21 years of losing.

My predict the D gets pressure on Stafford and since he likes to imitate Cutler he'll throw 1-2 INTs, this time the Pack have to capitalize off of those turnovers. In week three the lions turned it over 4-5 times and the Pack got nothing out of it.

Latest posts