Official Seattle thread

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and this is nothing. It is so bad that it will bring some arrogance out of anyone opposing their "culture" or whatever the hell you want to call it. The crap they do isn't even in good fun. My wife was told she shouldn't wear her Packer jersey to work. Some people on here have thought I am a little boisterous towards these wannabe's but I don't care. In fact as soon as my son turns 18 which is soon I am getting the hell out of this "over priced grey rain forest" with horrible football fans that have a football IQ of a "Gerbil".

I have heard fools around here tell me Aaron Rodgers is "overrated."

Yeah, and people have said Tom Brady is over rated and people have said Peyton Manning is over rated. You would hope its either the homer or hater talking or just some serious trash talking going on and not someone basing it on their honest opinion of the the players talents.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I heard wrong. Thanks for the links! I have no idea how to use PFR, and appreciate you finding that..

Rodgers' passer rating decreases from 126 to 94 this year based on leading or being behind. RW3 goes from 100 to 95. I guess the point must have been that AR12 has a more significant drop off in production based on the game scenario. This is something I had never heard about until today and thought it was interesting. It does illustrate, how RW3 remains the same dead-behind-the-eyes, emotionless robot no matter the situation. I'm not sure what it says about Rodgers.
Neither of these QBs were behind very much this season. I'm going to question sample size before reading too much into it. It stands to reason that if AR is having a bad day the Packers will be behind. If that is 20% of the time then those games are going to skew the stats.

To say it differently, perhaps the team is losing because AR is playing poorly. Not the converse that AR is playing poorly because the team is behind.

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of it from Packer fans is his celebration after the Fail Mary and refusal to admit it was a terrible call.

I know not liking a guy for celebrating doesn't make a whole of sense, but his first big event in the NFL regarding the Packers was associated with a game that really pissed all of us off.

It isn't. A similar example was Super Bowl XL. We lost a super bowl while the refs screwed us on THREE touchdowns. But keep this in mind, if Carroll had come out and said the Packers were wronged then he is basically saying his team should have lost. How are the players going to perceive that?? That game propelled the Seahawks to new heights regardless of the referees. That whole game was a debacle. The person to blame is the NFL for allowing the charade to be carried on.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah, and people have said Tom Brady is over rated and people have said Peyton Manning is over rated. You would hope its either the homer or hater talking or just some serious trash talking going on and not someone basing it on their honest opinion of the the players talents.

Here is the deal. Every time I turn around I am hearing some "best ever" quote coming out of Seattle. "Best ever defense", "Best ever corner back", "best ever running qb", "best ever fans", etc etc etc. It just goes and goes and goes.

These guys have won 1 Super Bowl in over 40 years. It's like take a chill pill. They are right there with Tampa Bay right now.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mean that as a personal slight. I am aware of many loyal Seahawk fans and for a while I admired them for suffering with the best of us. But most, if not all the Seahawks fans I know were Patriot, Bronco, or even '9er fans the years before...and yes I find them obnoxious with their "12th man" fanaticism.

Kinda like the packers and there "owners" fanaticism. I'm a huge Packers fan and I hate it when people bring up that they are "owners"

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of it from Packer fans is his celebration after the Fail Mary and refusal to admit it was a terrible call.

I know not liking a guy for celebrating doesn't make a whole of sense, but his first big event in the NFL regarding the Packers was associated with a game that really pissed all of us off.

More AMAZEMENT !!!

Been watching football for over 60 years and can't recall a single incidence of a coach complaining to the officials for making a call good, bad or just questionable that resulted in a win.

It seems to me that Carroll would be one of the least likely to be upset with from a fan's perspective. He had no influence on the play or the resulting call giving the tied possession to the receiver.

I can see being P/O'd at Tate for not screaming to the officials that he indeed had no claim to possession of the ball. :laugh: He certainly had no moral standing for not complaining that there was no flag on his obvious pushing off although it was brought up as in a jump ball like that pushing off is hard to call as there is so much of it going on by all of the players in such a vicinity.

We as fans like to see our teams win clear decisive victories like the opening game of this season.

If the Packers are so fortunate to win this Sunday I hope it is a good clean game and a decisive victory.

AND IF you guys please the football gods between now and then and are rewarded with the NFC Championship I hope you take the privilege to Arizona and represent the NFC with a big win ...something like the Seahawks did last year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF?!

Crucifixion is too good for you!;)

The Packers are a better team than the cowboys. Period. We have a much better chance of beating the Seahawks regardless of earlier season results.

You may want to correct your signature. It wasn't Vince Lombardi who said that it was Abraham Lincoln. However, I think he may have stolen it from Socrates.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Even if I were a Seahawks fan I might root for them to lose just so this clown has to live this down for the rest of his life.

I told people on here a couple of weeks ago that "there is no more room left in there balloon". It is max full.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't even imagine a scenario In which I wish the Green Bay Packers would lose.
Ever!

While I can't think of a situation in which I would wish the Packers would lose I can think of one situation that might get me to not care so much if they lost.

If for some reason a Packer loss would keep the vikings out of the playoffs that loss wouldn't bother me so much provided it didn't hurt the Packers playoff situation (either they were locked in to one spot or they were already eliminated)

I'd still root for them to win but in the scenario above if they did lose I would enjoy the benefits of the loss probably enough to offset my upsetness (nice word huh?)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may want to correct your signature. It wasn't Vince Lombardi who said that it was Abraham Lincoln. However, I think he may have stolen it from Socrates.
No I'm pretty sure it was Socrates who stole it from Lombardi.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your stats on the passer ratings of Rodgers and Wilson are significantly off.

This year, when trailing, Rodgers' passer rating is 94.1. For his career, when trailing, it is 100.1.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/splits/2014/

When trailing in his career, Wilson's rating is 95.5. This year it is 95.0.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00/splits/

Excellent bit of cherry picking!

Wilson's career eh? That would be three years. That being holding the NFL record for wins in the first 3 years of any QB ever.

What was Rodger's record in his first three years? Rating first three years? 39.8, 48.2 and 106 I will spare the MB any further breakdown of those numbers.

Oh well... It's silly trying to compare Wilson and Rodgers for this game. Aaron has a broken wheel and Wilson is at full strength.

The OTHER members of the Packers team will have to step up a notch to ensure your victory. Rodger's injury will force your O-Line to play their best game ever. The Packer receivers will have to get separation and break tackles better than they ever have. Lacey will have to find every hole and break tackles at a higher level than any game he has had in his life.

I wouldn't expect to see Aaron Rodgers have anything like his best game on Sunday. It just isn't realistic. I can't count the times I've heard this week how Rodgers is the best QB in football. I won't argue. BUT even if he is the best QB he certainly isn't with a calf injury. NOBODY ever born to play football is THAT good.

It is an enormous challenge to design a game plan to accommodate Aaron's new lack of mobility. If the Packers pull it off your coaches and team doctor should get the game ball.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent bit of cherry picking!

Wilson's career eh? That would be three years. That being holding the NFL record for wins in the first 3 years of any QB ever.

What was Rodger's record in his first three years? Rating first three years? 39.8, 48.2 and 106 I will spare the MB any further breakdown of those numbers.

Nowhere was I claiming that Wilson isn't a great quarterback. In fact I think Wilson is very underrated and does not get the credit he deserves for his passing ability. All I was doing with my "cherry picking" was refuting the claim that the other member made(and that he then acknowledged were incorrect) that Rodgers' passer rating was about 40 points below Wilson's when trailing in a game.

Anyway, you didn't really do your homework on Rodgers' numbers his first three seasons. Those passer rating numbers are correct....and came on 59 pass attempts. His record was 0-0 as a starter his first three seasons because he backed up Favre. So comparing Rodgers' first three seasons against Wilson's is absurd.

Now if you want to see Rodgers' stats in his first three seasons as a starter, that would be comparable to Wilson.

27-20
64.6 completion percentage
86 TD
31 INT
99.4 rating

I agree with the rest of your post.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was simply breaking down the run game against Detroit since cheese head nation seems to think one average running game against the lions apparently means that they are going to run wild on the Seahawks.

Whatever helps you sleep.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the deal. Every time I turn around I am hearing some "best ever" quote coming out of Seattle. "Best ever defense", "Best ever corner back", "best ever running qb", "best ever fans", etc etc etc. It just goes and goes and goes..

People were saying the same crap about the 2007 Patriots prior to SB42. We all know what happened.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Supermen, maybe not, but I did hear a tidbit today that comes close to giving them the right to come out at Halftime with an big S on their chest. For the last 7 games, during the 2nd half the Seahawks outscored their opponents 120 to 20.

They should be supermen with all of the steroids Pete Caroll is handing out.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
People were saying the same crap about the 2007 Patriots prior to SB42. We all know what happened.

I know. There are many past examples of how this movie can play out and we have been on the bad side of it before ourselves.

I just think when dealing with Seattle you are talking about a fan base that has never really won anything but a basketball championship back in the late 70's from a team they don't even have any longer. I keep saying this that the majority of this new fan base they have accumulated has never suffered a significant "heart breaker" where they were favored to win. I am hoping we can give them the opportunity to see how they respond. ;)

I really believe most of them think they are just gonna "Yell there way through us Sunday"

H

HardRightEdge

Pardon the duplication if this has already been posted:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...d-in-season-opener-b99426243z1-288639471.html

One critical difference between the opening day Packer defense and where it stands today is the so called "quad" alignment experiment that failed in week one and has since been abandoned.

That hybrid 4-3 alignment had not been road tested, even in preseason, and according to McGinn it was something worked out in secrecy during 4 practices. The object was to present an element of surprise and confusion. As it turned out the only confusion was on the Packer side of the ball, a not uncommon occurrence in the Land of Capers.

In addition to Barrington's contribution on the field this season, we can appreciate his pithy analysis on this subject:

"We don't run it anymore. Since we don't run it anymore, I deem it as irrelevant."

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Pardon the duplication if this has already been posted:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...d-in-season-opener-b99426243z1-288639471.html

One critical difference between the opening day Packer defense and where it stands today is the so called "quad" alignment experiment that failed in week one and has since been abandoned.

That hybrid 4-3 alignment had not been road tested, even in preseason, and according to McGinn it was something worked out in secrecy during 4 practices. The object was to present an element of surprise and confusion. As it turned out the only confusion was on the Packer side of the ball, a not uncommon occurrence in the Land of Capers.

In addition to Barrington's contribution on the field this season, we can appreciate his pithy analysis on this subject:

"We don't run it anymore. Since we don't run it anymore, I deem it as irrelevant."

One could say since losing to Seattle they have been re-designing a defense to beat Seattle.

The Seahawks don't have a Julios Jones, Dez Bryant, CJ, or even a Golden Tate for that matter.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

One could say since losing to Seattle they have been re-designing a defense to beat Seattle.

The Seahawks don't have a Julios Jones, Dez Bryant, CJ, or even a Golden Tate for that matter.
I dunno about designing for Seattle. Moving Matthews to the middle in nickel looked more like an attempt to stop the bleeding that was compromising even getting to the playoffs.

I see it more as finding a collection of sets that could work situationally and against certain match ups.

As for the Seattle receivers, it's similar to the New England situation. Of course, in New England's case there's Gronkowski and a HOF QB who can see over the trash.

The thing about keeping Wilson in the pocket is as much about making him throw from there as much as keeping him from running. Wilson compensates with a higher trajectory pass than is typical when he throws over the line...that requires exceptional accuracy since it gives the DBs a bit more time to react to the ball.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I dunno about designing for Seattle. Moving Matthews to the middle in nickel looked more like an attempt to stop the bleeding that was compromising even getting to the playoffs.

I see it more as finding a collection of sets that could work situationally and against certain match ups.

As for the Seattle receivers, it's similar to the New England situation. Of course, in New England's case there's Gronkowski and a HOF QB who can see over the trash.

The thing about keeping Wilson in the pocket is as much about making him throw from there as much as keeping him from running. Wilson compensates with a higher trajectory pass than is typical when he throws over the line...that requires exceptional accuracy since it gives the DBs a bit more time to react to the ball.

Yep. That's why I hope they use a more "controlled type rush" which the Rams used in week 17. It proved to be pretty effective cutting down Wilson's rushing yards but I believe the Rams didn't have the guys in the back end to really seal the deal. Overall I thought the Rams did a pretty good job.

I also think what could help us with using a "controlled rush" is our length up front and moving around Peppers some.

I am all for putting it all on Seattle's skilled guys to beat our DB's. I think we have a pretty underrated group back there.

Members online