Official Seattle thread

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look around the boards. We have our own Packer fans who are far more critical and rude than anything I have seen from a Seahawk fan. What's funny is that some of the idiots posting rude things to the Seahawks fan are the ones who are the most over-the-top critics of the Packers.

I lived in Alaska and Spokane area for a bunch of years. Seattle was my No. 2 team - until they signed Carroll. Hate that guy! Then they signed Russell - my favorite non-packer so now I'm in flux. Most of my old friends from there are all Hawk fans and I am happy for them that they finally got to experience that feeling.

:)But once is enough and ot is our turn again. :p

Didn't know Alaska n Washington were Amish country

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't know Alaska n Washington were Amish country
Yep. I ran the barn raising and quilting rackets in Alaska. When the Mennonites were muscling in on looming supplies in Washington is when I moved there to keep tabs on things.

It was actually with very ardent Seahawk fans in Spokane that I came up with the Amish Mafia about 18 years ago. It was my first fantasy football league and that was my team name.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK. Having read things going back and forth, I still the the Packers *can* win the game. It will be a tall order because, yes, the Seahawks are a very good and almost complete team. They are arguably the best in the NFL. So it's like playing King of the Hill. Everyone has a shot to knock them off. The Pack will have to have one of their best games of the season, no doubt.

Now I'm glad the Packers are in the Championship. But, here's where I get crucified, a part of me wishes the Cowboys had won last Sunday. Because I think it would be a more competitive game and all of us Packer fans could relax and not worry about the next game. We could go back to "Fire Capers" threads!! :eek:

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's weird that I feel that the Colts have a better chance of beating the Pats, based on what I saw, than the Packers do against Seattle. But still, doing the eye test of the Carolina game, beating Seattle is not an impossible feat if everyone is on the same page defensively and most importantly offensively. I at least know we can out-offense Seattle if Rodgers' is comfortable with his calf.

So while I know the Pack are downright underdogs in the next game, but I am sick of analysts are painting it like the Packers have no chance and that Seattle is the ultimate juggernaut that cannot be beaten. If Carolina can scare them, Dallas can beat them, and Rams could hold them we have a better chance than others give us credit for.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. Having read things going back and forth, I still the the Packers *can* win the game. It will be a tall order because, yes, the Seahawks are a very good and almost complete team. They are arguably the best in the NFL. So it's like playing King of the Hill. Everyone has a shot to knock them off. The Pack will have to have one of their best games of the season, no doubt.

Now I'm glad the Packers are in the Championship. But, here's where I get crucified, a part of me wishes the Cowboys had won last Sunday. Because I think it would be a more competitive game and all of us Packer fans could relax and not worry about the next game. We could go back to "Fire Capers" threads!! :eek:
WTF?!

Crucifixion is too good for you!;)

The Packers are a better team than the cowboys. Period. We have a much better chance of beating the Seahawks regardless of earlier season results.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can't even imagine a scenario In which I wish the Green Bay Packers would lose.
Ever!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... a part of me wishes the Cowboys had won last Sunday. Because I think it would be a more competitive game and all of us Packer fans could relax and not worry about the next game.
It would be considered elective surgery, but I strongly suggest having THAT part removed, immediately. I'll kick in $5 towards your procedure! ;)

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. I ran the barn raising and quilting rackets in Alaska. When the Mennonites were muscling in on looming supplies in Washington is when I moved there to keep tabs on things.

It was actually with very ardent Seahawk fans in Spokane that I came up with the Amish Mafia about 18 years ago. It was my first fantasy football league and that was my team name.

My uncle gave all his English Walnuts to a group of Mennonites. They came and picked most of them but did not take all of them. His family has about 3 acres of trees. Yep they are around central Wash State in the Columbia Valley. Dont remember the looms...although I do remember a Loomis??? LOL

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I realize that some fans will only accept winning the Super Bowl as a litmus test for a successful season but this is ridiculous. Sometimes you can't cheat fate. You guys knocked out the Cowboys and sent the most cocky annoying fan base back home with their tales between their legs. If you would have loss to them, your boards would have been littered with trolls. Hang your hat on that if you lose on Sunday.

Nobody is expecting the Pack to win on Sunday so their is no shame in losing. With Rodgers leg, it is going to be extremely difficult but if you do lose, you are not going to see our fan base gloating over it. If you win, you will get to laugh at some pretty stunned Seahawks fans. The vibe here (In Seattle) is extremely confident but regardless, I hope whoever wins this game walks home with the Trophy.

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look around the boards. We have our own Packer fans who are far more critical and rude than anything I have seen from a Seahawk fan. What's funny is that some of the idiots posting rude things to the Seahawks fan are the ones who are the most over-the-top critics of the Packers.

I lived in Alaska and Spokane area for a bunch of years. Seattle was my No. 2 team - until they signed Carroll. Hate that guy! Then they signed Russell - my favorite non-packer so now I'm in flux. Most of my old friends from there are all Hawk fans and I am happy for them that they finally got to experience that feeling.

:)But once is enough and ot is our turn again. :p

I have no clue why people Hate Carroll. He has always been classy after win or loss. He is a motivator and see things positively regardless of the situation. Pete Carroll is a great man. Reggie Bush incident was between the university and the Boosters. This man stayed up at midnight trying to talk with Gang Bangers in the Los Angeles neighborhoods risking his own safety. Please tell me another coach that would be in the hood past midnight trying to reach inner city kids. He stayed at USC for 10 plus years and won 2 national championships. I love his book win forever and I have adopted them in my own life.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize that some fans will only accept winning the Super Bowl as a litmus test for a successful season but this is ridiculous. Sometimes you can't cheat fate. You guys knocked out the Cowboys and sent the most cocky annoying fan base back home with their tales between their legs. If you would have loss to them, your boards would have been littered with trolls. Hang your hat on that if you lose on Sunday.

Nobody is expecting the Pack to win on Sunday so their is no shame in losing. With Rodgers leg, it is going to be extremely difficult but if you do lose, you are not going to see our fan base gloating over it. If you win, you will get to laugh at some pretty stunned Seahawks fans. The vibe here (In Seattle) is extremely confident but regardless, I hope whoever wins this game walks home with the Trophy.

A well-intended post. Yes, if we lose on Sunday we'll catch a ton of Shyte I'm sure.

With regard to Seahawks fans however, there's a difference between confidence and blind cockiness. I find too much of the latter among Hawks fans. Not only do they think that the Seahawks are going to win (so do I), but they give the Packers absolutely no chance, they think that the Packers have nothing at all on the Seahawks in virtually any phase or any matchup in the game.

The Seahawks are an excellent but they aren't THAT good. I've heard sports talking heads predicting that Rodgers is going to get intercepted 3 times. Here's a typical piece of crap: Rodgers' TD to TE Rodgers where he threaded the needle would have *surely* been picked by the Seahawks. Surely my ***. Who says so? They just assume that Seattle's defense is going to make every play better than any other team would have. The hype is inflating the Seahawks to super-human levels. Packers have played some pretty damn good defenses this year, several top-5 defenses in addition to Seattle.

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A well-intended post. Yes, if we lose on Sunday we'll catch a ton of Shyte I'm sure.

With regard to Seahawks fans however, there's a difference between confidence and blind cockiness. I find too much of the latter among Hawks fans. Not only do they think that the Seahawks are going to win (so do I), but they give the Packers absolutely no chance, they think that the Packers have nothing at all on the Seahawks in virtually any phase or any matchup in the game.

The Seahawks are an excellent but they aren't THAT good. I've heard sports talking heads predicting that Rodgers is going to get intercepted 3 times. Here's a typical piece of crap: Rodgers' TD to TE Rodgers where he threaded the needle would have *surely* been picked by the Seahawks. Surely my ***. Who says so? They just assume that Seattle's defense is going to make every play better than any other team would have. The hype is inflating the Seahawks to super-human levels. Packers have played some pretty damn good defenses this year, several top-5 defenses in addition to Seattle.

I heard that from Ryan Clark on First Take. Aaron Rodgers has been threading the needle his whole career; that's what makes him the best QB in the NFL; I haven't heard that from anybody else. He rolls right and throws across his body and throws a lazer (It was awesome). To be honest with you, if the Pack had any other quarterback with his injury, I wouldn't give them a chance. This whole game rides on your Oline being able to block. For the Packers to win this game, I think they will have to score 30+ points.

The big problem the Pack have in this matchup is your run defense. Our strength is running and that sets up our pass. You guys are ranked 23rd in run defense?? That is a problem. Teams that slow down the Hawks tend to have an elite rushing defense and an average passing defense (Aka Carolina). Two of our scores against them were generated by turnovers.

The media is super inflating the Hawks. They are the ones that are hyping them to all time great levels and naturally fans are drinking the Kool aid. We did our fair share of losing in the 90's and folks are finally smiling so of course their is going to be some bravado. Stranger things have happened but to beat the Hawks, Rodgers is going to have to both take some hits and show SOME mobility. If Aaron Rodgers could move, this would be an entirely different discussion.

Sea_Hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have never understood people who come to others forums, are kind enough to let opposing fans speak their minds, perhaps even with a little good hearted smack talk, then come back to rub it in. I like to think those of us Hawks fans that have been posting here (for the most part) will come back, win or lose and take our lumps or say congrats on the great season with no malice intended. 9ers fans are horrible about that (IMO) and Cowboys fans. It's usually just a very vocal minority that give us respectful fans a bad name.

Personally, I try not to judge how good ANY team is until it's all said and done. Judging how they're currently playing? Sure, but not an overall picture. Seahawks12thman put it very well. The media is inflating the Seahawks an awful lot. Actually the media is overall pretty irritating most of the time. Everyone feels like they aren't getting the credit they deserve. Simple fact of the matter is this Seahawks defense is very good. How good? Only time will tell. Aaron Rodgers is probably the best QB in the league, there is no denying that. If he gets hot, I have no doubt he could give the defense a very rough day. The fun in all of this is trying to figure that out.... a wonderful distraction from the craziness we're all feeling waiting for Sunday to come. More often than not, I'll give the nod to a good defense over a good offense. History has shown that to generally be true. Of course there are exceptions but in this case, given Rodgers being a little hurt, the game being in Seattle and the way the defense is currently playing, it leans towards Seattle. But that's why we all watch the games, right? You never know...

And on that note, I will bid you all adieu for now. If I get a chance to log on from my trip, I certainly will but if not, thank you all for the great chat and I'll swing by on Tuesday.

Ciao....

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no clue why people Hate Carroll. He has always been classy after win or loss. He is a motivator and see things positively regardless of the situation. Pete Carroll is a great man. Reggie Bush incident was between the university and the Boosters. This man stayed up at midnight trying to talk with Gang Bangers in the Los Angeles neighborhoods risking his own safety. Please tell me another coach that would be in the hood past midnight trying to reach inner city kids. He stayed at USC for 10 plus years and won 2 national championships. I love his book win forever and I have adopted them in my own life.
The Public Infraction Report is pretty clear Carroll was not only aware, but was the principal initiator of Ornstein's contact with Bush and the others and he suggested the "summer internships."

But that is all old news. Anyone can chose to believe, not believe or ignore.

I suspect his trying to help disadvantaged city youth was probably his excuse when getting busted by cops trying to score some coke or hookers he was planning to use to help his recruiting efforts. :roflmao:

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Public Infraction Report is pretty clear Carroll was not only aware, but was the principal initiator of Ornstein's contact with Bush and the others and he suggested the "summer internships."

But that is all old news. Anyone can chose to believe, not believe or ignore.

^
or embellish
I suspect his trying to help disadvantaged city youth was probably his excuse when getting busted by cops trying to score some coke or hookers he was planning to use to help his recruiting efforts. :roflmao:

WOW! Amazing interpretation of the facts relating to that report.

The sentence you offer wasn't even directed at Carroll but at an assistant coach who previous to THAT sentence was accused earlier in the same document as of "SHOULD HAVE KNOWN" to "was aware".

Bush and his mother and the media consultant were the wrong doers in this episode. The same report accused that USC had the third party, the consultant, on their payroll without any factual evidence to support that claim yet in fact he worked as a media representative independently for several Universities and Colleges student athletes.

Someday when and if Reggie Bush develops a conscience he should probably tell the truth.

Rocket Hawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of great stuff floating around this thread.

I heard an interesting stats about SEA today that play right into what most of you have been saying. It is:

Seattle has had 34 sacks this year, after a sack a team has never scored a TD on that drive.

Once SEA has a team in an uncomfortable 3rd down situation, the speed in the LB corps and depth at DB really shows up. It is going to be critical for GB to get 5 yards on first down. I know MM feels like his game plan lost GB the game running the ball only 22 (correct me if I am wrong) times in the first game this season. It is going to be interesting to see how long he sticks with the run even if it is tough sledding early.

SEA for their part will stick with the run no matter what.

Another stat I heard was the difference in passer rating once their team is behind. This might have been on NFL Radio this morning, AR12 goes down into the 80s when his team is behind, RW3 rating goes up near 130 when his is behind.

RW3 is made for big moments. He will always be a tough out no matter the situation.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Part of it from Packer fans is his celebration after the Fail Mary and refusal to admit it was a terrible call.

I know not liking a guy for celebrating doesn't make a whole of sense, but his first big event in the NFL regarding the Packers was associated with a game that really pissed all of us off.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW! Amazing interpretation of the facts relating to that report.

The sentence you offer wasn't even directed at Carroll but at an assistant coach who previous to THAT sentence was accused earlier in the same document as of "SHOULD HAVE KNOWN" to "was aware".

Bush and his mother and the media consultant were the wrong doers in this episode. The same report accused that USC had the third party, the consulting their payroll without any factual evidence to support that claim yet in fact he worked as a media representative independently for several Universities and Colleges student athletes.

Someday when and if Reggie Bush develops a conscience he should probably tell the truth.
Was that the same assistant coach he hired that was a NCAA violation for too many coaches? The one he lied about? The one he didn't list on official team programs?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of great stuff floating around this thread.

I heard an interesting stats about SEA today that play right into what most of you have been saying. It is:

Seattle has had 34 sacks this year, after a sack a team has never scored a TD on that drive.

Once SEA has a team in an uncomfortable 3rd down situation, the speed in the LB corps and depth at DB really shows up. It is going to be critical for GB to get 5 yards on first down. I know MM feels like his game plan lost GB the game running the ball only 22 (correct me if I am wrong) times in the first game this season. It is going to be interesting to see how long he sticks with the run even if it is tough sledding early.

SEA for their part will stick with the run no matter what.

Another stat I heard was the difference in passer rating once their team is behind. This might have been on NFL Radio this morning, AR12 goes down into the 80s when his team is behind, RW3 rating goes up near 130 when his is behind.

RW3 is made for big moments. He will always be a tough out no matter the situation.

Your stats on the passer ratings of Rodgers and Wilson are significantly off.

This year, when trailing, Rodgers' passer rating is 94.1. For his career, when trailing, it is 100.1.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/splits/2014/

When trailing in his career, Wilson's rating is 95.5. This year it is 95.0.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00/splits/

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Your stats on the passer ratings of Rodgers and Wilson are significantly off.

This year, when trailing, Rodgers' passer rating is 94.1. For his career, when trailing, it is 100.1.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/splits/2014/

When trailing in his career, Wilson's rating is 95.5. This year it is 95.0.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00/splits/

Not only that but if you go back and watch the KC, Dallas, and San Diego games this year he had chance to win all those games at the end and failed.

He is a good QB and will make some plays but he is better with the lead and getting help like most any QB would be.

Rocket Hawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I heard wrong. Thanks for the links! I have no idea how to use PFR, and appreciate you finding that..

Rodgers' passer rating decreases from 126 to 94 this year based on leading or being behind. RW3 goes from 100 to 95. I guess the point must have been that AR12 has a more significant drop off in production based on the game scenario. This is something I had never heard about until today and thought it was interesting. It does illustrate, how RW3 remains the same dead-behind-the-eyes, emotionless robot no matter the situation. I'm not sure what it says about Rodgers.