Official RB Eddie Lacy thread

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
LOVE THIS PICK!!! He was my #1 pre draft back.
I will update his thread whenever I find new stuff.
Here was my pre draft analysis
Strengths – Explodes through the hole and finds the hole quickly, always falls forward on every play which nets him 2 or 3 yards, Georgia and LSU (including Jarvis Jones 1st rounder) had trouble tackling him, has a good spin move that makes most tacklers miss, good blocker, has a nose for the end zone, consistent, can play from any formation, breaks tackles
Weaknesses – His hands are just ok at best (drops very catchable balls), whiffs on some plays where he is asked to block, occasionally fumbles, has some minor injury issues, had turf toe in 2011, tweaked hamstring in 2012 causing him to miss combine and delay pro day

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfectly reasonable spot to pick up a running back. Trading back for an extra pick and snagging a back is always a good thing.

So our backs are Harris, Green, Lacey to open camp.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three running backs with dreadlocks...maybe number three will solve all our rb woes. Being a three down back is his best attribute.

H

HardRightEdge

Lacy is a terrific value at #61.

But it's a high risk/high reward situation. If he gets healthy and stays healthy he could be the steal of this draft.

I like it.

Reaction score
Can't be any worse than what we called "a running game" these past 3 years.
Still a bit bummed we didn't' get that 360 pound John Jenkins guy, but still - getting a HB with a 1st round grade late in the 2nd round.... wow, that's pretty cool. :cool:

M

mayo44

I wouldn't have liked Lacy with the #26 pick, but at #61, he's a GREAT pick. As soon as they traded down 6 spots, I was sure he would be the guy. We haven't had an every down back since Green and we should be set at RB for Rodgers' prime years now.

Our RBs next year:

Lacy
Harris
Green
Starks