Official Packers vs Lions round 2

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"No worries remain calm" on Center.......Josh Sitton has practiced at center for the Packers in the past, but has never played the position in a game.

Former Packers center Garth Gerhart is on the practice squad of the Cleveland Browns and would be eligible to be signed, but even that would leave very little time for preparation.

So option #1 and #2, not so good.....wouldn't you think Brett Goode our long snapper would be an option and practices more then just being a......long snapper?

Last edited:

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on if he can uphold the center position play after play. Not sure just how much difference long snapping from playing center is other than the assignments. Just hoping for the best.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I wouldn't say I'm feeling overly confident about this one, I feel like perhaps maybe the players finally realize what's at stake here and channel in their inner Lombardi's to show up to this one.

The advantage - they certainly are going to take Detroit seriously this time and think even with all our injuries, our talent is still far superior to theirs.

The disadvantage - Lions are a team with nothing to lose at this point, no pressure and no reason to play careful conservative football. Fully expect them to come out swinging.

Key is we need to match their intensity and bring it out longer for a full 4 quarters.

I don't care what we have to do or how we win this game, most important thing is just to win. If we do that, I think the rest of the season will play out how we need it to.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The disadvantage - Lions are a team with nothing to lose at this point, no pressure and no reason to play careful conservative football. Fully expect them to come out swinging.

Lions are at home and knowing if they win out (Packers, Rams, Saints, 49'ers, Bears) at 9-7 they could be a wildcard team. This game is probably their biggest hurdle left to accomplish that. So they will be playing to win, just as they played a few weeks ago in GB. They are also a team that has won 3 in a row and playing much better then a 4-7 team. If the Packers don't establish themselves early on offense, this one could get ugly on the road.

D

Deleted member 6794

No Montgomery and the offensive line is banged up.

If we lose this game with the schedule we have ahead mine as well just "pull the plug" on Montgomery and maybe the season.

The offensive line has been banged up for several weeks now but has improved their play over the last few weeks. I think they'll be fine in this one.

Even if the Packers lose this game there's no reason for them to pull the plug on this season. While I'm not extremely confident this year's team could pull it off there's no doubt in my mind they've got enough talent to win it all if capable of getting hot at the right time. Just make sure to get to the playoffs.

"No worries remain calm" on Center.......Josh Sitton has practiced at center for the Packers in the past, but has never played the position in a game.

Former Packers center Garth Gerhart is on the practice squad of the Cleveland Browns and would be eligible to be signed, but even that would leave very little time for preparation.

So option #1 and #2, not so good.....wouldn't you think Brett Goode our long snapper would be an option and practices more then just being a......long snapper?

I expect Linsley to be active for tonight's game.

With Goode at center you might want to put Rodgers 15 yards behind the LOS at the snap. That would slow down the pass rush and give receivers more time to get open, awfully tough to run out of that formation though.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we'll still go through some frustration watching tonight as the boys will still have their issues. But I think they'll make one more play, one less mistake, and hang on late for the win.
Packers, 24-20

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no confidence in GB right now...they'd better pull their heads outta their backsides and win this game if they've got any hopes of making a play-off run....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of seeing the other teams stud WR on the injury report and then they have a great game against us! :mad: One other little annoyance this season, I can't tell you how many time I have heard Joe Buck (or another commentator) say this about the other team/player "That was their longest/most "fill in the blank" of the season/career" or something to that effect.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of seeing the other teams stud WR on the injury report and then they have a great game against us! :mad: One other little annoyance this season, I can't tell you how many time I have heard Joe Buck (or another commentator) say this about the other team/player "That was their longest/most "fill in the blank" of the season/career" or something to that effect.

Sure seems that way sometimes, doesn't it? We talk about games like the first Lions game as get well games, yet it seems that more and more we're the get well game for other teams.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the announcers played up how many years it has been since the Lions won at Lambeau, I somehow knew it would be broken.
Payton Manning was washed up, until they rallied and beat us.
Rodgers has not thrown an interception at Lambeau in years....so, guess what.

I agree that the Packers have taken the Lions for granted too long. I would joke with friends and call our games with them as an extra bye week. We ignored the biggest rule in a conflict; never, EVER underestimate your opponent.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The days of strolling through the division on the way to the playoffs are over.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The offensive line has been banged up for several weeks now but has improved their play over the last few weeks. I think they'll be fine in this one.

Even if the Packers lose this game there's no reason for them to pull the plug on this season. While I'm not extremely confident this year's team could pull it off there's no doubt in my mind they've got enough talent to win it all if capable of getting hot at the right time. Just make sure to get to the playoffs.

I said "maybe the season." Sure, they wont be mathematically out of it if they lose but will slide to 2-3 in the division and 5-4 in the conference. There are other teams like Tampa Bay that could win out. This is a "must win game" IMO.

I'm getting tired of hearing the talent thing too. Every team has talent. I am not confident about anything right now myself.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the announcers played up how many years it has been since the Lions won at Lambeau, I somehow knew it would be broken.
They'd been saying that on broadcasts for 20+ years, and people somewhere were thinking the same thing every year. You just lucked into thinking it the day it actually happened.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the OL injuries and probable backups starting tonight this would be a great time to use double TE sets to assist with blocking AND it would keep Adams on the bench. Run the ball 70% of the time, still have Cobb, Jones and 2 TE's for pass patterns the other 30%.

Time for Clements to get creative and run both Lacy & Starks 20+ times each tonight. Let the OL's be aggressive and take it to their D line & LB's.

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the OL injuries and probable backups starting tonight this would be a great time to use double TE sets to assist with blocking AND it would keep Adams on the bench. Run the ball 70% of the time, still have Cobb, Jones and 2 TE's for pass patterns the other 30%.

Time for Clements to get creative and run both Lacy & Starks 20+ times each tonight. Let the OL's be aggressive and take it to their D line & LB's.

Yeah, I would like to see some old school running - including using the fullbacks. I still want to see Ripkowski get in there a little to lead the runningback. He's a beast of a blocker.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of folks talking about Golden Tate. I've never liked the attitude but can't block out what a tremendous receiver he is becoming. We obviously have to worry about Megatron but Tate really does things. He's their Randall Cobb circa 2012.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am at an all-time low confidence level right now. I won't be watching, but fingers-crossed for good text messages instead of bad text messages.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
someone probably already posted this, but 1991 was not only the last year that we lost to the Lions at home, but was also the last year we lost both games to the Lions. Let's hope we can at least keep that streak from being broken tonight.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone probably already posted this, but 1991 was not only the previously last year that we lost to the Lions at home, but was also the last year we lost both games to the Lions. Let's hope we can at least keep that streak from being broken tonight.
I feel like our losses have broken so many streaks this season :(

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Twitter, Ryan is going to get extensive playing time tonight at ILB over Nate Palmer (THANK GOD!). I guess the status quo at linebacker is changing.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Twitter, Ryan is going to get extensive playing time tonight at ILB over Nate Palmer (THANK GOD!). I guess the status quo at linebacker is changing.

Looks like the staff is finally realizing that some players are just awful and are actually making changes. Never been a fan of Palmer

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well we get more change for tonight too, Bulaga OUT, Lang-OUT, Randall-OUT keeps getting better

Members online

Latest posts