Official Packers vs Lions round 2

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Lacy in the past two games:
At Minnesota: 22 rushes for 100 yards for a 4.5 average. One pass reception for 6 yards.
Vs. Chicago: 17 rushes for 105 yards for a 6.2 average. 4 pass receptions for 34 yards. One TD, one fumble lost.
That's because someone told him the white powder in the end zone was powdered sugar that lead to fresh donuts. :)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is fine. So's his weight. And his ankle. And his groin.
He's set up to kick his game into high gear. Of all the issues this team has moving forward, Lacy isn't one of them.

BlueRidgePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy in the past two games:
At Minnesota: 22 rushes for 100 yards for a 4.5 average. One pass reception for 6 yards.
Vs. Chicago: 17 rushes for 105 yards for a 6.2 average. 4 pass receptions for 34 yards. One TD, one fumble lost.

Not saying to bench him. But he is banged up and he is taking a lot of punishment. He is also overweight from where he could be even more effective. He is an asset. But he should stay closer to better weight. Again, my opinion.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, if I keep my expectations low, I'll never be disappointed.

Right. Haven't really felt bad about a season since the Bronco SB loss - I always expect them to find a way to crumble, and only once have they proven me wrong.

captnroger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look for GB to roll in this one. It's time for them to start making the post-season run.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not looking for this team to roll over anybody until they can actually, and once again, show some degree of competence .

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anybody thinks the wheels have fallen off now, if the Packers lose to the Lions again on Thursday, Katie bar the doors because it's going to get ugly in Title Town.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers get spanked 34-14. They'll be lucky to get a wild card....which at this point is a reach based on their play as if late.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look for GB to roll in this one. It's time for them to start making the post-season run.

This looks like it could have been posted before the LAST Detroit game. :) Actually, I think there were a lot of "getting well" posts then.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a absolute must win. That would put us having to beat the Vikings the last game and tying up the division between us and Minnesota. The road goes through Detroit. Have to get it done this Thursday. I would say that if we don't pull out a win this Thursday, playoffs are in jeopardy. Too many teams coming up looking for a wild card spot.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been a year of firsts for the Packers... First time in 24 years the Lions beat the Packers in Green Bay... Jay Cutler's first win in Green Bay... Is the first Lions sweep of the Packers in 24 years next?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This has been a year of firsts for the Packers... First time in 24 years the Lions beat the Packers in Green Bay... Jay Cutler's first win in Green Bay... Is the first Lions sweep of the Packers in 24 years next?
This has been a season of unfortunate firsts. From McGinn's rating column:
With Aaron Rodgers on the field for the entire game, the Green Bay Packers had never lost to an NFC North Division opponent when favored by a touchdown or more. In fact, the only time a Mike McCarthy-coached team had lost to a division rival with a healthy quarterback as a touchdown favorite was 35-7 at windy, cold and snowy Soldier Field behind Brett Favre in December 2007. It's hard to believe, but the span of 12 days the Packers have dropped games to the Detroit Lions as a 10½-point favorite and to the Chicago Bears as a nine-point pick. Both games were at Lambeau Field, too.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-packers-vs-bears-b99623974z1-356554151.html

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2010 team that decided to play their hearts out at the end of the season was similar to this, only with more injuries. This team doesn't seem to have a heart.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. The backups in 2010 either were better than the starters (Bishop) or had (their only) career years. Heck, even Bush played actual CB and only gave up one TD in the Super Bowl. :)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll always look at 2010 as a reason not to call a season off before it's over, but I just don't see that kind of team in this team, especially with Clements calling plays.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't that pretty much a self-defense catch? :) In any event, just adds more to the "where did these guys come from?" mystique.
I give credit to MM or Philbin for turning around the offensive line at the end of 2010. They were terrific during the run to the Championship. Now they're back to pedestrian.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of this game. The Packers appear to be on a downward spiral, while the Lions appear to be finding a rhythm.

Which is normally what the Lions do to us fans. They give us hope, and then thoroughly crap the bed.

If the Lions can play with the energy they had on Thanksgiving, I think they can get it done. Then again, I've seen them play lights out football and still get thumped by the Packers.

This truly has been an odd season of football so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts