Official Packers vs Da Bears

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy really had NO WHERE to run. Im not worried about him one bit after re watching that game. However im am really worried for our run blocking.

How about the bears doing the packers job running the last 5 mins of the clock off with nothing but runs. I dont know if the packers can fix that run defense its pretty bad.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The announcers in the Bears game kept saying that the media had it wrong, and that the Packers' offensive line was doing just fine. I didn't buy it then and still don't. Lacy does just fine when the O-line either executes their blocks correctly or fights to a stalemate - he finds his holes. What I've seen in all the games this season is too much D-line penetration on our running plays. When Lacy encounters defenders in the backfield he starts to dance around, which is not in his wheelhouse. He needs a little head of steam to be effective, but can't be the shifty, elusive running back that made AP and others great. The O-line needs to keep defenders at least at the line of scrimmage.

D

Deleted member 6794

The announcers in the Bears game kept saying that the media had it wrong, and that the Packers' offensive line was doing just fine. I didn't buy it then and still don't. Lacy does just fine when the O-line either executes their blocks correctly or fights to a stalemate - he finds his holes. What I've seen in all the games this season is too much D-line penetration on our running plays. When Lacy encounters defenders in the backfield he starts to dance around, which is not in his wheelhouse. He needs a little head of steam to be effective, but can't be the shifty, elusive running back that made AP and others great. The O-line needs to keep defenders at least at the line of scrimmage.

Absolutely true. Just take a look at the stats, on the Packers 82 runs the RBs gained a total of 92 yards before contact (average of 1.1 yards). Compared to our oppontents which ran 154 times vs. our defense combining for 364 yards before contact (2.4).

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the OL could be better, but I do think the OL is taking a little too much heat. Lacy deserves some heat for how he has run the ball, MM deserves some heat for the types of runs called, and I think the TE's deserve some heat for their predictably bad blocking. The OL is far from perfect, though, and deserves blame, too. Really, I think the TE's need to step up if this running game is going to really get off the ground.

Yep. I'm not saying the line can't do much better but ... Lacey has not been running well. Against the Lions he was pathetic. On several of those short yardage plays he had more than enough of a hole to get the first down and he bumped it out wide and it killed us.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt go back and watch the lions game but the bear game Lacy had nowhere to run at all.

Members online

Latest posts