Official Packers vs Da Bears

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time picking us in this game. I actually think the Bears are a better team than Detroit overall and we looked bad against Detroit. Being 1-2 and lucky not to be 0-3 I'll be "optimistic" and say we won't look as bad as we did against Detroit but still lose a close game on the road. 24-20 Chicago.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I'm disappointed in the Packers at this time, I simply can't pick them to lose to the Bears. Sooner or later Rogers will wake up the offense:

Packers 27
Bears 24

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

As much as I'm disappointed in the Packers at this time, I simply can't pick them to lose to the Bears. Sooner or later Rogers will wake up the offense:

Packers 27
Bears 24

I really hope you`re right ;)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, the Bears are giving up 5.0 ypc on defense, so the Packers should be able to run the ball. Peanut Tillman is out for the season (and perhaps his career is over) but after being dominated by the Lions' "third string" DBs that may not make any difference.

If Matthews can play, the D should be able to get pressure on Cutler. And Peppers, who McGinn says had 6 pressures vs. the Lions, should be motivated against his teammates. But if Rodgers plays like he has for most of this season...

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have played against 3 top 10 defenses so far. Lions had a depleted secondary, but their D-line is tough. Correct me if I am wrong, but Chicago's defense is ranked in the 20s....and their secondary is hurting. We always respond to adversity and I think we do it again this week against the Bears. Lions offense only scored 10 points against us and this team will be ready and have something to prove.

Packers: 34

Bears: 24

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One could argue that we were up against adversity in the Lions game, and most definitely did NOT respond.
I'm on the fence with this one. This season has been a disappointment and unpredictable. I guessed we would be 2-1 by this time but we very well could be 0-3 instead. But we are 1-2 and barely squeaked by in that one win.

We put up 7 points against the Lions, embarrassing. We will put up more than 7 against the Bears but I also think they will score more than 19. I'm not sure if our defense is going to play as well as they did against the Lions. This team lacks consistency. Maybe this game will be another where the offense has to bail out the D instead of what happened in the Lions game.

Once again, it's a toss up who wins. But I'll pick the score: 30-21

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One could argue that we were up against adversity in the Lions game, and most definitely did NOT respond.
I'm on the fence with this one. This season has been a disappointment and unpredictable. I guessed we would be 2-1 by this time but we very well could be 0-3 instead. But we are 1-2 and barely squeaked by in that one win.

We put up 7 points against the Lions, embarrassing. We will put up more than 7 against the Bears but I also think they will score more than 19. I'm not sure if our defense is going to play as well as they did against the Lions. This team lacks consistency. Maybe this game will be another where the offense has to bail out the D instead of what happened in the Lions game.

Once again, it's a toss up who wins. But I'll pick the score: 30-21

The defense gave me hope since they've played fairly consistent over 6 quarters, spanning back to the second half versus the Jets. Not only that, but the offense has dug holes for the defense and they've responded pretty well. If our offense can get back to form, we will be a difficult team to beat.

Reaction score

Packers 27
Bears 24

Aggravating start to the season, no doubt! Faced 3 tough defenses (2 of them on the road) that has given AR fits and he has obviously been off his game. I felt as if we would have been 2-1 going into week 4. Being 1-2 is not at all surprising to me.....just disappointing and frustrating. Crazy thing is, we could be currently winless while the Bears could be undefeated! That's just nuts! The Bears have gotten ALL the breaks and calls in their 2 road wins, but I agree, JBlood, this SHOULD be the week our offense comes alive and our D gets to Cutlose all day and pressures him into throwing picks. Start fast, play with the lead and don't shoot ourselves in the foot with TO's and penalties to allow them to stay in the game. We're due for a good overall performance!

Pack 30
Bores 17

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Preseason is finally over, Rodgers finally is warmed up. Packers roll at Lambeau South 38-17 in a game not that close.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Bears have slapped the 49ers - something we have not been able to do in years.
Bears beat the Jets easily - we beat the jets, but on a lucky boneheaded move by the jets O coordinator (yes we still would have lost, they had the momentum that we lacked)
The Lions shut us down ALL over the offensive side. The lions were playing with BOTH of their starting corners out.
I have now lost ALL faith in this team. It is bad when we have the so-called best QB in the NFL and he looks like some lost in the woods rookie...... Arizona has a 2nd stringer that looked WAY better, Kirk cousins looked better, hell even the Rams have their 3rd string rookie that looked like he could make better choices on the field right about now. C'mon Arod, pull your head out of your ***.

Bears 38

Packers 13

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on some of the complaints I've read in various places, I can't help but realize how spoiled of a fanbase we are. We are so use to looking sharp, particularly on offense, that what could be a simple slow start has made several people upset. We are fans of a team that has won a Super Bowl in recent years, hasn't had a QB problem in forever and is never considered much of an underdog. I'll agree, we could have started better. (We could also have started better than 1-2 the previous two seasons, as well) but it is what it is. There are many, many teams that wish they had our talent and there are many fanbases who wish they had our "problems." Does it make it any less frustrating that this team with all of this talent struggled the first 3 weeks? Absolutely not. Does it perhaps make it more frustrating because we know what this team is capable of and they haven't executed? Sure. But I refuse to give up on this talented team in week 3. A team with this talent will rebound (recent history proves that). Maybe I'm "drinking the Packer kool-aid" but if history is any indication, we are going to be just fine. Everyone can go back and forth all day long with positive and negative analyses. The important thing is that this team has the talent to make a run...I believed in 2010, I believed the previous 1-2 seasons, I believed in them when we lost Rodgers and I believe in them this year. All of those seasons had 2 things in common. First, when the going got tough, the negativity and doubting came out. That's going to happen. But second, and most importantly, when our backs were against a wall, our talent showed. It's a long season, guys.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears have slapped the 49ers - something we have not been able to do in years.
Bears beat the Jets easily - we beat the jets, but on a lucky boneheaded move by the jets O coordinator (yes we still would have lost, they had the momentum that we lacked)
The Lions shut us down ALL over the offensive side. The lions were playing with BOTH of their starting corners out.
I have now lost ALL faith in this team. It is bad when we have the so-called best QB in the NFL and he looks like some lost in the woods rookie...... Arizona has a 2nd stringer that looked WAY better, Kirk cousins looked better, hell even the Rams have their 3rd string rookie that looked like he could make better choices on the field right about now. C'mon Arod, pull your head out of your ***.

Bears 38

Packers 13

The Bears beat the Jets by 8. One score doesn't seem easy to me.

The Jets also had a bad call take away a TD return and the Bears had an awful pass interference penalty inside the 10 on a TD drive.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears beat the Jets by 8. One score doesn't seem easy to me.

The Jets also had a bad call take away a TD return and the Bears had an awful pass interference penalty inside the 10 on a TD drive.

Also, despite those bad calls, we still scored more points against the Jets in 3 quarters than the Bears did in 4. So, actually, shouldn't last night be a positive thing?

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that this will be a dog fight between the 2 teams as usual but if anyone thinks that the bears won in dominating fashion over the jets; needs to review the 2 horrendous calls by the refs in that game that were essentially game changers. The defensive pass interference that should have been offensive PI involving Jeffery that set up a gimme TD for the bears; plus, the TD that was taken away from the jets after the Cutler fumble.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will come down to protection, if the bears can rush 4 and cause problems it will be another long day for us. I honestly think the clay and peppers tandem is starting to work im liking it. this game will be won in the trenches we must make a saftey on the bears D come up and not play 2 high all game long.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Packers beat the Bears, Jets beat the Lions, Vikings beat the Falcons and we have a 4 way tie for the division. :D

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We should be able to whip up on these guys. Someone said something about Bears being better then Lions and no way Jose. It's not even close on paper. The bears don't have the "front seven" the Lions, Jets, or Seahawks have. In fact, they have one of the worst "front sevens" IMO. Even the vaunted "shotgun draw trap" should work against these guys. The Bears secondary is in complete shambles and worse then the Lions. Briggs looks like he has lost a step in the middle.

However, this being a division game against a rival on the road makes it scary. I too still have high expectations for this team but this is a "must win" game. If we lose were not only 1-3 but will be 0-2 in division and 0-3 in conference play. Not the way I want to go on my yearly trip to Lambeau for the Queen game in a couple weeks. We cant lose this game. I don't care if they have to throw it 50 times, we need to get a win.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on some of the complaints I've read in various places, I can't help but realize how spoiled of a fanbase we are. We are so use to looking sharp, particularly on offense, that what could be a simple slow start has made several people upset. We are fans of a team that has won a Super Bowl in recent years, hasn't had a QB problem in forever and is never considered much of an underdog. I'll agree, we could have started better. (We could also have started better than 1-2 the previous two seasons, as well) but it is what it is. There are many, many teams that wish they had our talent and there are many fanbases who wish they had our "problems." Does it make it any less frustrating that this team with all of this talent struggled the first 3 weeks? Absolutely not. Does it perhaps make it more frustrating because we know what this team is capable of and they haven't executed? Sure. But I refuse to give up on this talented team in week 3. A team with this talent will rebound (recent history proves that). Maybe I'm "drinking the Packer kool-aid" but if history is any indication, we are going to be just fine. Everyone can go back and forth all day long with positive and negative analyses. The important thing is that this team has the talent to make a run...I believed in 2010, I believed the previous 1-2 seasons, I believed in them when we lost Rodgers and I believe in them this year. All of those seasons had 2 things in common. First, when the going got tough, the negativity and doubting came out. That's going to happen. But second, and most importantly, when our backs were against a wall, our talent showed. It's a long season, guys.
I believe in being present and not looking to the past to predict our future.
I believe in the here and now.
I'm going to continue to be frustrated in the 2014 Packers until they get their stuff together and start winning games.
Now I could just chuck that all aside and have blind faith in this team as you are suggesting.
But that is hard for me and others to do when we start out at 1-2 and don't see the team making any changes or adjustments when what they are doing isn't working.
Somehow our opponents have figured out how to stop Lacy and they keep on running on 1st and 2nd downs.
It seems like MM is just sticking with that hoping that it will somehow work and I'm starting to agree that someone else should get the job of play caller.
Sure, they could still win on Sunday but the way they have been playing this year it seems like it will be close or that the Bears will win.
I'd wish I had more confidence but I base my faith in the team on what they are doing currently and not on what they have done before.
Are we playoff bound? A very big IF right now. And even if we get into the playoffs, it could be an even bigger IF regarding the Pack to win.
Even so, I still hope that every season will be the season we win it all.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts