Official Pack vs Niners

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay appears to have more talent at very position. It's tough to win on the road in the NFL, and the 9ers, who had their pride hurt last week, will keep it close for a while. The Packers are playing with focus, however, and win by 10.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Trap game anyone? I'm going to guess Rodgers gets 5 touchdowns throws, one interception, one ran in. Thinking Jones, Cobb, Jones, Janis, and Jones. Mason Crosby will only be seen on extra points and we do not punt. Guessing two interceptions by our defense by Clinton-Dix and Randall. That is the positives.

Negatives, Kaep runs for 88 yards, and they score two touchdowns in the final 2 minutes and everyone worries that the sky is falling from our defense letting up. Also Boldin gets quite a few yards yet they have to settle on field goals. No punts during hte 2nd and 3rd quarter for either team.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I follow the 9'ers because my wife is a SF fan. They have lost so much talent this offseason it won't be close. Hyde is a young Gore and Kap can run, but he has regressed as a passer and other than Navarro, they are much weaker at LB, which was their defensive strength. They also lost a lot when Justin Smith retired. I think they are now a few years away from contending.

VD is now a shadow of himself, and with Kap playing reactive the WR's are not making an impact. Unless we shutdown, it will be hard for them to compete. At least for the next couple of years. Just way too much talent gone.

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The new o line coach who was formerly with the 49ers should provide some insight into what they did to free up Kaep to run. I think they just allowed guys to over pursue him deep in the pocket and he stepped up and bailed knowing that he only had to beat one lb that was spying him.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vs. the 49ers and Kaep:

Keep Mulumba on the bench. He can't contain a jelly sandwich.

If that's the case put Raji out there. That boy looks like he would absolutely destroy a jelly sandwich.

Seriously, I think this should be our easiest game of the young season. Yes, even easier than the Bears should have been. I just don't think the 49ers are that good and I have always thought Kaepernick was over rated (except when he played us) After seeing us dominate the Chiefs I think we should win this one handily. The score may be closer than the game indicates because of garbage time scores by them and the apparent disdain of MM to go for the jugular but like I said, of the first four games this one should be our easiest. That said it probably won't be but when is anything ever as it should be,

Last edited:

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be SOOOOOOO nice to get the Niner monkey off our backs (no offense to GreenandGold's avatar). We beat Seattle earlier, getting a victory in SF will be poetic.

I still fear the pistol formation and a scrambling QB however, that is still our weakness, so hopefully the higher-performing defense is ready for them.

Contain that and find a way to disrupt them getting into a rhythm akin to the 4th quarter in KC game and this game is ours.

Go 4-0, then return home to host the Rams and Chargers, enter the bye at 6-0 then emerge to take on Manning and the mules and Carolina on the road, then get ready to sweep the division.

I can dig it.
They kept Wilson in check. They'll keep Kap in check as well.

G

GhostofCurly

2nd post in the 49ers forum............Haynes will return a kick for a TD then Rodgers turns into Godgers ad eviscerates the 9ers.
Packers win 62-3? New math? :oops:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what worries me about this

1. We just got done playing and beating 2 good teams at home in great fashion about as good as you could've asked for. Now we gotta go on the road and maintain that level of play to a high degree, that's going to be tough.

2. Even though the 9ers had two bad games in Pitt and Arizona, don't think for a minute that their players are giving up yet, that is not the case at all. Coming home to play us in front of their fans I fully expect they want to give them something good to watch.

3. We gotta stop Carlos Hyde, he's not a guy we've faced yet so we don't entirely know where we're going there. If our D does do that and force Kaep to throw about 40 plus times a game, I think we win, but if they get Hyde rolling early, this could be tough for our D.

4. I know this not the Harbaugh Niners and I don't even think they'll make the playoffs this year, but I'm still taking them very seriously. Our O-line needs to be up to par this game because I fully expect Tomsula to try going after Rodgers hard this game with his blitzes.

Great points. I accidentally rated your post "disagree" at first and then realized what I did. Staying up late for the football game last night must have caught up with me.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As terrible as the Niners have looked the past two games, the Packers would be prudent to study tape of their opening night win over Minnesota. I suspect that's more like the team they'll be next Sunday.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/...ikings-3/3fe0eefd-e9ac-41fd-9c5c-43fac5241985

It's always more prudent to watch film from the game they played well. That said it's also prudent to watch film from the last few weeks to see how other teams had the success they did and try and emulate it

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kaepernick will be looking for some opened DBs to pass to.
so with the help of kae, i'd say GB 48 SF -28

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it being closer than ppl expect. Kap always performs well against us.....shields takes one to the house and we win 28-24

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m not sure where this belongs - I didn’t want to start a new thread but I have a couple of questions:

Was anyone else surprised Joe Thomas got the job of LB in the dime? According to McGinn, he played 38 snaps to Palmer’s 35. I like the idea of Matthews rushing from the edge in the dime, but I thought Palmer’s strength was more coverage than stopping the run. And I thought Ryan would be up to speed enough to either take those snaps in the dime or have Palmer take the dime snaps and Ryan the other snaps. Of course Thomas was only signed because of Barrington’s absence, but it seems strange he wasn’t signed to the PS as they view him as so valuable in the dime. It'll be interesting to see if Thomas continues in that role.

With Guion’s return I wonder who the odd man out is. It could be Gaston, I like him but as McGinn wrote, he didn’t impress against the Chiefs. It was only 11 snaps and his first NFL game but that may get him to the PS.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try to listen to the Bob McGinn podcast most weeks. He and the new guy (Cohen?) discussed Joe Thomas quite a bit. They even delved into the notion that Thomas was faster than Palmer in coverage, so the theory was that this would free up Clay Matthews to line up on the edge and rush the passer in obvious passing downs. It looks like that's what we did in our dime was have Thomas as the lone ILB and the OLBs on the line essentially as DEs.

Another option for making room for Guion would be putting either Quarless or Adams on the eligible-to-return IR or whatever the call it. That of course depends on the severity of their injuries.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams, Bulaga, Burnett, Goodson, Quarless and Ryan didn't participate on today's practice.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worrisome thing with Adams is he has a high ankle sprain. They tend to be problematic, and chronic.

D

Deleted member 6794

Quraless will be out for a month and Adams they wont want to aggravate that ankle anymore, would be shocked that he doesn't play sunday.

Quarless was put on IR boomerang so he won't be eligible to play for eight weeks.