Official Love Those Badgers Thread!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Your right they beat Alabama now we might be in trouble even if we beat Ohio state hopefully the committee gives us some credit
Who is their big win? I don't think Alabama has beaten a current top 15 team. Bucky beating OSU would have that. Plus Northwestern may get some love and be in the top 20. Bucky beat them.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Who is their big win? I don't think Alabama has beaten a current top 15 team. Bucky beating OSU would have that. Plus Northwestern may get some love and be in the top 20. Bucky beat them.

You would be party correct. We did beat #3 FSU to start the season but they fell off the cliff and that really doesn't count as a quality win anymore. Closet we came to beating a top 15 team was #16 team in Mississippi St. P right after we beat #19 LSU. So really 2 ranked teams we beat.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bucky is the only undefeated Power 5 team now!!!

The Big10 Championship and the importance of winning it has been on the Badgers radar for over a month now. Once they got by Northwestern and Nebraska, you could see an undefeated regular season coming. Some teams may have lost focus (Ohio State) and dropped a game they should have won, but not the Badgers. Paul Chryst has them ready EVERY game. If they come out a bit flat, he does something in that locker room at halftime to get them focused.

The Badgers defense is the best defense I have seen in a long time.

In 12 games, the defense gave up 12 total TD's (4 rushing, 8 passing)
Ave. Points given up/game: 12
Ave Rush yds/game give up: 80 (2.6/rush)

Every game a team plays in the Big10 is both winnable and loosable. You have your perennial doormats that should be an easy win, but those teams still have decent enough talent that they can come out and beat you if you aren't ready. If the Committee can't see the significance of the Badgers being in the Big10, running the table to stay undefeated by beating Northwestern, Iowa and Michigan, then that committee needs to get their heads out of their arses.

I'm headed to Indy! Hopefully, this won't be like the last time I was there. That night Bret Bielema, with one foot already out the door to Arkansas, led a totally uninspired Badger team to slaughter!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit. Due to the widespread and vehement protesting from fans and state politicians, the hire of OSU defensive coordinator Greg Schiano as Tennessee head coach not only been nixed, OSU is now under pressure to fire him.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just win Baby! Badgers are finally sitting in the 4th spot for the playoffs. No more questions, after they beat the Buckeyes on Saturday, they are in. Going to be a hard fought defensive game. Bucky wins 24-17

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've gotten to this point, and still none of it matters if they don't win the next one. They've been steady all season, I'm hoping for and expect more of the same.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Due to the Badgers strength of schedule, or lack thereof , I think it became pretty obvious last month that the only way they were making the playoffs was to go undefeated, including Saturday's game against the Buckeyes. While I totally agreed with that notion that it was really hard to gauge the Badgers team strictly on their record alone, due to that weak schedule, my one fear has now been removed. Thanks to Bama and Miami slipping on games they were favored to win, the Badgers finally made it "inside of the ranked 4". There is no more worry of them actually going 13-0 and being left out simply because the teams ahead of them were also undefeated or had more difficult schedules.

Beating the Buckeyes on Saturday will assure them of being a playoff team. Now finding a way to "whip" the Buckeyes could go a real long way for the Badgers final pole position and who they play first, but not necessary. Unfortunately, the Buckeyes will have that same goal in mind, as they did in 2014 when they pummeled us 59-0. If they can repeat that feat and a few other things happen, Urban Meyers knows that they still have a shot at the final 4.

Both teams know what they are playing for on Saturday, this game could go down as one of the most important games ever in Wisconsin Football.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hornibrook can play like he did against MN, I don't care who we play or when. It will take a great game by whomever we play to beat WI. Their defense is steady and good. Their offensive line can match up with anyone and if Hornibrook can avoid those catastrophic mistakes that we must make up for and actually hit those 3-7 passes every game he has to hit to keep a defense honest i like our chances against anybody in the country. But so much hinges on him. Covering his mistakes is easier against lesser opponents. the power houses aren't as forgiving of those mistakes. Thankfully our defense can force a few of it's own, but it certainly makes it tougher on them.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have watched OSU a number of times this year, they are "my brothers team". What scares me the most about them is their speed. Both on offense and defense. As we have seen with the Packers over the years, a team with great speed can really turn a game fast.

So Bucky can't give up any easy returns for TD's. Nor can they afford to get out to a slow start, as they have a few times this year. Urban Meyer won't back off the gas pedal, he can't afford to with what is at stake for the Buckeyes.

Like I have said previously and Mondio just said....this game is pretty much hinging on Hornibrook. If he is playing average or above, without any big mistakes, Badgers walk out of Indy with a win.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Let the individual awards start rolling.....

Wisconsin tight end Troy Fumagalli won the Big Ten Kwalick-Clark Tight End of the Year Award!

Paul Chryst has to be a favorite to win coach of the year.

Jonathan Taylor Freshman and offensive player of the year.

Reaction score
Pretty exciting. I admit I don’t follow them closely every year, but I thought I read an article a few weeks ago that said they had not been undefeated WI team since 1912?? I can’t find the source but it’s a telling stat about how difficult it is to achieve that and those early teams played less games so it was easier statistically.
In the ENTIRE BigTen there have only been a small handful of teams to go undefeated such as ..
the 2012 Buckeyes at 12-0
the 2002 Buckeyes at 14-0
1994 Penn State 12-0
So it’s roughly 1 team throughout the ENTIRE BigTen goes undefeated every 10+ years and statistically about once in a lifetime a particular team does that. (OSU happens to be the exception)
Keeping in mind it wasn’t until the early 1970’s that college teams were playing double digit numbers of opponents (10+ games) on a regular basis so many of the teams previous to these won less than 10 games. If they were undefeated it was like 9-0 or 8-0 or whatever.

This is gonna be a good game and I’m glad us WI fans have this team to root for during a year we’ve been beat down in professional football.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The naysayers saying the Badgers haven't played anybody and or a good offense have plenty of ammunition right now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is basically 3 missed tackles right now. And Hornibrook

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a surprising ending, in fact an expected ending. Until the program gets serious about recruiting top notch quarterbacks, they will never be serious championship contenders. Instead we have two more years of Hornibrook. Unless of course he declares for the draft.:roflmao:

Great year though. Hopefully a January Bowl game. Perhaps against Miami in the Orange Bowl. Then that turnover chain will be passed around more than a doobie at a Grateful Dead concert.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was at the game and while Bucky played well, the Buckeyes speed killed us. How is Joe Ferguson left alone to cover the speedster Terry McLaurin? It looked like the speed of a quarterback trying to chase down Usain Bolt for 84 yards!

Missed tackles on speedy guys was definitely the Badgers Achilles heel on defense, as well as very little pass rush! While Hornibrook is going to take a lot of the blame for the loss, the Badgers OL seemed overmatched, couldn't create space for Taylor to run or protect #12.

Was still an exciting game, that the Badgers never gave up in, the crowd was electric from start to finish. Noisiest game I have ever attended.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys played well. Had you not had 2 big plays given up you probably would have won the game. Your QB needs some work every game besides 2 he thrown an INT in that's not good. Is your QB tying to imitate Brett Favre?

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was out of town for in-laws anniversary so didn't see the game yet, tried hard not to read anything until I got home and could watch it (recorded it) and while paying for gas saw a highlight from Packer game. And the ticker underneath showed the final 4 teams... :( so now I know how it turned out. Still a great season. Proud of our Badgers.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gotta love that the Big-10 is 5-0 in Bowl Games so far! The Pac-12 is a dismal 1-7!

Big game for Bucky tonight on what will no doubt be home field for the Hurricanes!

Finish strong Bucky!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts