1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Love Those Badgers Thread!

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Pokerbrat2000, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +8,780
    Sorry mods, but tired of looking at the "hating Badgers" thread. So thought I could create one with some positive energy for a team that is currently ranked 5th in the Country and possibly knocking on the door to go undefeated this year.

Yes, the Badgers have had a pretty easy schedule and that might become clear if they make it through the regular season undefeated and get tripped up in the Big10 Championship game.

But you have to love this team. One of the best defenses in the country. One of the most exciting freshman RB to play the game and a monster of an OL! The offense needs to get more consistency out of QB Alex Hornibrook and they will be hard to beat.

Go Bucky!

2. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    In my new battle to get positive comments about the Badgers into this thread and out of the "
    Official ALL Badger hating thread"....going to repost this here...LOL

Just noticed some awesome news for the Badgers and their shot at making the Final 4!! After this weeks rankings, the Badgers are sitting at #5 looking in. However, Clemson (#4) and Miami (#2) play each other on Dec. 2. Which means one of them will get knocked out of the top 4! If the Badgers win their next 3 games, I don't see how they won't make the final 4 now!!

#1 Alabama also has to go play #6 Auburn on 11/25. That outcome should push the loser out of an undefeated Badgers path as well.

Go Bucky.... #Run The Table!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +1,397
    F*ck em Bucky

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,952
    WI has to run the table. The moment they lose there are those just waiting to knock them out of the discussion with 1 loss because of the schedule. They're good. Their defense just keeps on playing. Well coached and they execute well too. They just go and go. It's refreshing to see defense played like that by a team I actually enjoy watching. Good offensive line, great running back, but the QB makes me very nervous. in a big game against a good team that might get a hit or 2 on him he comes apart and that's if he has it somewhat together to begin with. I don't trust him to make plays at all. he does at times, but he usually follows them up with plays 10x's worse. he can get on streaks, it just depends what team we're playing and what streak we find him in. The best i can hope for is he doesn't lose the game for us and our strengths go and win it.

I know the fact we aren't blowing teams out is being held against them too, but i think any team is going to have trouble scoring on this team and on offense they're going to keep moving the ball with the run game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Packer Fan in SD

Packer Fan in SD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +252
    I hate that we start slow, and by we I mean Hornibrook. But our defense is real and we have a future Heisman RB. If we win out we should be in. As stated, two of the teams above us will play each other and that should get us in if we win. Nice takeover of a dead thread and way to put it to good use PB2000.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    Yes, the Badgers fate could rely on Hornibrook. I like the kid, but he makes too many mistakes. To his credit though, he usually bounces back and makes some nice throws too. Given he is only a sophmore, not much more we can expect. Jonathan Taylor is an absolute stud, if he stays healthy. Losing WR Cephus hurts, but the Freshman Pryor stepped up big time against Iowa.

Been a fun ride, now we need to take care of Michigan. Which is Paul Chryst's attitude that I love....one game at a time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Packer Fan in SD

Ratings:
    +252
    Completely agree. I think Horni will get better, like you said, just a Soph. Taylor is still a Frosh. Good pieces on defense and have some unknowns on offense that have made some plays. I am very excited about our team and just enjoying the ride right now. Very proud of these young men and very happy with the coaching staff. Love JL, our DC. Love him being an ex Badger and not dropping anything on D after Aranda left. I only wish we would hire Aranda for the Pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,241
    Don't bet on them getting in if the go undefeated. They could still get shut out of the final 4. Such is the game of college football. After all, the Big 10 isn't anything compared to the SEC. Or so I have been told.

9. Croak

Croak A Tad Twisted Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,361
    Kind of true. I mean, gosh, if you watch Alabama, it's like watching a Jr. Pro Team.

10. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    I'm cautiously optimistic that the Badgers are Final 4 worthy. Their strength of schedule may end up costing them a spot, even if they go undefeated. However, by sitting at #5 with Clemson (#4) and Miami (#2) playing each other on Dec. 2, Badger victories over Michigan, Minnesota and most likely Ohio State, should be enough to convince the committee, the Badger and their defense are worthy.

11. Poppa San

Poppa San Getting stoked! Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,030
    Good path for a split National Championship would be Auburn winning out including the BCS title game for a two loss champion and Wisconsin winning out over, say, Miami or Georgia in their bowl game for an undefeated season. I do not think the AP voters are beholden to the BCS committee results and could crown Bucky as their national champion.

12. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,952
    Nothing works out if WI doesn't win this weekend and every game after. And if they do that, i would bet on them being in the final 4 for the playoffs. Nothing matters if they don't win the next one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    Most definitely...Michigan will be a great test, but at least Bucky is home. Going up to what will probably be very cold Minneapolis next weekend is no gimmee either. While the Gophers aren't that good, you just never know when a team is going to be really hot and you are really cold.....on any given ...Saturday.

I'm headed to Indy on the 2nd if the Badgers win the next 2 weekends, because I believe that Big10 Championship game will be the ticket they will need to punch to get into the final 4.

Go Bucky!

14. Packer Fan in SD

Ratings:
    +252
    This was a great win. 1st half Hornibrook scared me but later 2nd half Hornibrook made me very happy. We still have a shot. On Wisconsin!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,952
    I was pretty sure Hornibrook was going to kill this team, then a couple of passes and one handed catches later and WI was comfortably in the lead.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    Another great victory for Bucky! I saw some growth and poise from Hornibrook today and that is what it will take to beat The Buckeyes in Indy! Get past Minnesota (with a blowout) and then play solid Badger Football in Indy and wait to see who they play in the first round of the 4 team playoffs.

3 weeks ago I was thinking how incredible it would be to just make the final 4.......Now......let's go win it all!!

Go Bucky!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,952
    see for me, this is what i've always seen from Hornibrook. It just depends on when you're going to get it. Today it worked out the game never got away from us in the first half because our defense was stout against the points. and then in the 3rd quarter it seemed like the entire quarter was played in Badger territory until they broke out for that TD. But in the beginning I saw him passing up open guys, or not even seeing them and then throwing back in to the middle of the field and those can end badly. That INT he could have thrown it deep, lower percentage shot to the guy running towards the sidelines. Probably incomplete, but that's the worst that would have happened. But instead he throws it back in the middle of the field to a receiver with 3 defenders right there. One he had to throw over and 2 he had to put it between and hope they don't close on it. Terrible decision i thought. and then he hit a good streak where he put the ball where the receivers could get it and they made some great plays. The throws were good and the catches were exceptional. That guy makes me so nervous all the time. and if I knew my berating him from my couch would always end with him proving me to be a dumbass, I would play the dumbass more often. But sometimes he actually gets worse LOL and then he gets better. I can never figure him out. and as soon as he hit some passes, our offense was back in control again. If he could just do that from the start consistently, there'd be no question on where I thought this team was going to finish this year.

I hope you're right. One positive I did see, he did get hit and did feel some pressure and in the past he would crumble a lot of times. Today he seemed to hit a streak that elevated this team to victory. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

on the other side of the ball, i love the defense. It's not even always tricks, it's just guys doing their jobs. Nobody seems to really be out of position for the defense they're playing and when it's time to make the play they do. Very well coached and it shows. and when a play is made more times than not, there isn't grandstanding and look at me, it's congratulating the teammate that drove the ball carrier back inside so they could make the play, or chest bump to the interior lineman that made him leave the pocket early and someone else made the play. It's like they know they all have to do their jobs and by doing that, they all help each other look good. and the recognize each other for that. Team defense at it's finest.

18. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +1,397
  19. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    I hope you don't mind swhitset.....I'm going to take your comment and move it and my own over here. I think us Badger fans can annoy some Packer fans. ;)

Have to wonder how long the Badgers will be able to hang on to OLB coach Tim Tibesar and ILB coach Bob Bostad. Funny thing is, this is Bostad's first year coaching defense, after spending the past 27 years as an offensive coach. Many of the O-lineman he coached at UW are now in the Pro's. Now his ILB's are guys who look like they could play on Sundays. Definitely something in the water as well as the coaching at Wisconsin. It is rare they can out recruit most of the top 20 teams in the nation, yet they seem to take lemons and make a really good lemonade.

20. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Yeah probably good that you moved it... I'm sure if we had continued we would have gotten the other thread closed for being off topic smh. I will admit to knowing less about the Badgers coaching structure than I should, but I agree that they seem to have things figured out. I was impressed by the Michigan game, and I think that they should do well in Minnesota this weekend, but I'm not too confident about playing the Buckeyes in the Big Ten Championship game. Yeah ... we crushed Iowa... who in turn crushed Ohio State.... but .... you know where I'm going.

21. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    LOL....on thread being shut down....wouldn't doubt it. ;)

As long as Bucky gets by Minnesota this Saturday, I am on my way to Indy to hopefully witness some payback over the Buckeyes. The last time I was in Indy for the Big 10 CG, the Buckeyes came out and just blew us off the field. But as the teams came out to warm up, I said to my brother who was there as a Buckeye Fan, "You guys are going to crush us". He asked why and I said "Look at the energy level of the players as they warm up." The Buckeye players were stoked up, a final 4 trip was on the line and Urban Meyer had them so ready to play. Meanwhile, Bielema had already privately made his plans to go to Arkansas and his players looked flat and emotionless. I don't think Chryst will allow that......I am looking forward to that game, for if we win....I think it is on to the Final 4 and Alabama in the first round.

22. Packer Fan in SD

Ratings:
    +252
    #2 Miami just lost to 4-7 Pitt. Assuming we win at Minn. we should break into the top 4.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    I saw that! Clear path for Bucky now! Beat Minny and the Buckeyes and we could actually end up being seated #3 and avoid Alabama until the final game!

I'm a bit nervous about Auburn. They play Alabama at home tomorrow and if they beat them, they may move ahead of us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +8,780
    Bucky keeps it rolling......bring on the Buckeyes....with our without J.T. Barrett! Man that defense is just solid!

I didn't know until today that Troy Fumagalli, the Badgers soon to be Pro TE only has 3 fingers on his left hand....great athlete.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Kidd2k24

Kidd2k24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Your right they beat Alabama now we might be in trouble even if we beat Ohio state hopefully the committee gives us some credit

• Agree Agree x 1