Official Love Those Badgers Thread!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I had high hopes that Hornibrook would actually develop. How can't you with that offensive line, Taylor at RB and nice reeving weapons? Rodgers would be unstoppable!

But I am starting to think you are right Mondio, he seems stuck. I know the hope is to Red Shirt Jack Coan this year and Horni is only a Junior, but at some point, when do you pull the plug?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel bad for you Badger fans. I watched most of that game and that Hornybrook doesnt seem like a high quality QB.

Is he usually that meh?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for you Badger fans. I watched most of that game and that Hornybrook doesnt seem like a high quality QB.

Is he usually that meh?
sometimes worse. He's been holding this team back for going on 3 years now

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave him a pass as a freshman.

Last year he didn't do anything to tell me he was better.

Same this year..
That's just it, he's the same. Exactly the same. Even last year when we rolled Miami, he had some of those that there so close to being game changers for them, but ended up for us. It's always that way. sometimes they work for us, sometimes for them and then a bunch of WTF man hit the open guy. I still can't get over that 2 yard pass near the end of the game where he just fired to the the RB for a 2 yard pass and it was well over his head. Great catch and zero chance to catch and run. It was one of those that if you put it out and he can catch on the move, or catch and move, there is one guy closing to beat. Sometimes works, sometimes they get shoe string tackled. On his pass?? extremely lucky it wasn't on TO the way those can fly off hands, and he was spent so much time and energy just making a catch, he was tackled before he could do anything

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really want to love him.. He has the tools..

Just has mental mistakes he never learns from..

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ranked #18 today. Gonna be a long, hard slog just to climb back into the Top Ten before the end of the season. I guess we just set our sights on the best possible bowl game at this point, and hope it isn't the frikkin' Frito Corn Chips bowl on December 4th or whatever.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Barring any major injuries or surprises, this will probably be a year much like the last several. The Badgers will clean up in the West, get beat by the Buckeyes at the Big10 Championship game and end up in a pretty decent Bowl game. While one loss doesn't technically eliminate them from the conversation of the final 4, it makes every game from here on out must wins and the need to make them pretty impressive wins, including the one against the Buckeyes in Indy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shouldn't be so ******* the QB, our oline sucked a bag last weekend too. i mean hats off to BYU, they came to play an entire game, but our "best offensive line ever" looked like a bunch of duds. I only watched the 2nd half and their effort was bad, falling at guys feet, and they looked slow.

If they don't play a completely different type of football this weekend, they aren't going to even sniff a win against IA

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I shouldn't be so ******* the QB, our oline sucked a bag last weekend too.
Paul Chryst seemed to agree with you on the offensive line playing poorly, at one point in the 3rd quarter, he pull all but Michael Dieter and put in the reserves for one series.

The game against New Mexico the week before should have been a learning lesson, but it also may have sent the players a mixed message. The Badgers came out lackluster, played poorly and fell behind early. Then with the aid of New Mexico loosing their starting QB, the Badgers were able to stop the Lobos from moving the ball and the offense started clicking and the Badgers turned it into an "easy game". I have to wonder if the only thing the players learned from that was "hey, we have the ability to turn on the power at anytime and win games"?

Chryst and the coaches are going to have to get these guys firing on all cylinders right out of the gate or they will lose some of their Big Ten games.

Talented team, but in all 3 games played thus far, they haven't played 4 solid quarters in any of them.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hornibrook has never, nor will ever, be more than a mediocre quarterback for college standards. He is much like nearly ever quarterback in Badgers history aside from Wilson and guess what? That year with Wilson was the best team the Badgers have ever produced. A better-than-mediocre quarterback is NECESSARY to make the playoffs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard today hornibrook was at manning qb school last 2 years and was supposedly the best player?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I found it somewhat disconcerting that the Badgers run with 7 OL - so much for 3 All-Americans - ... and still looked pretty average against Iowa - who takes great pride in making Wisconsin look stupid, average or something like that ... in every competitive sport. I mean, they play us close and tough and then come out the next week and get beat by the likes of Bob and Jerry's Barber College.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very fortunate last night. That's about all I have to say about it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Badgers were outplayed most of the game. Iowa fans must be very frustrated right about now. It took a turnover right when Iowa had all the momentum, a player stumbling over a live punt, and a foolish decision to go for it on 4th down coaching blunder for the Badgers to win.

They were playing up to take away Taylor. Hornibrook was unable to make them pay for it. First they need to stop with those long balls. Hornibrook puts too much air and underthrown them. Short underneath to midrange are all we need off the play action.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lied, I guess I have more to say about it :)

Our defense is ok, nothing spectacular, but that was expected after losing so much. They're learning, but they aren't really able to be relied upon to bail us out of bad situations like previous seasons.

Our Oline has believed the hype, drank their own koolaid, are resting on their laurels. Whatever you want to say, they are overrated. Well maybe not so much overrated as much as they are just not playing up to their potential. word play I know, but it's not as if everyone thinks they're capable of something they are not, they just aren't playing up to the level they absolutely can be. Not consistently, I still see a lot of guys with little effort and falling down etc. If they all played as a unit and consistent, they would be what everyone thought they would be. It was better than last week, but there are still guys not getting it done on a down to down basis.

Penalties kill this offense, so they have to play more cleanly. and Our QB is our QB. he can be up, he can be down, he can be anywhere in between. It worked out, but man, sometimes he is so inaccurate. that first TD was all the running game. I know he completed a couple passes to receivers with zero coverage around them, because everyone was playing run. He can't make teams pay enough for that consistently. He can take a big play, a huge game changing play, and make it just a decent play because of where he puts the ball. I can't even say the short and underneath stuff would be better because he's often off on those too. In the dirt, over the head, behind, in front and they're very susceptible to being tipped or picked. and if it's too short, like a dump off, he's likely to put it 3 feet over their head with the velocity of a 60 yarder.

WI was outplayed much of the night. We got the right breaks. We did some good things too, it's not like it was just completely lucked into, but penalties killed some drives because once we're behind the chains it's a 30-70 proposition that our QB can make a play to give us another set of downs. IA completed some big plays on offense, but the D also stepped up as well. That 4th down stop to start was huge, obviously.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Winning without a secondary is tough to do! Was about time Leonhard started dialing up the blitz, but WOW....over 500 yards of offense for the Cornhuskers. Lots of injuries in the secondary and loosing Nelson for the first half of the Michigan game next week due to targeting, watch out Bucky!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Winning without a secondary is tough to do! Was about time Leonhard started dialing up the blitz, but WOW....over 500 yards of offense for the Cornhuskers. Lots of injuries in the secondary and loosing Nelson for the first half of the Michigan game next week due to targeting, watch out Bucky!
I think Neb has had over 400 yards every game

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Anyone want to venture a guess as to how much I dislike Harbaugh? In my eyes, he'll die as "a Bear".

Members online

Latest posts