Official Love Those Badgers Thread!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This is another way to say “Nice to meet you.” It generally has a more formal connotation and can be used./Sril
wondering if someone got their screens messed up?

Anyway, yes many ways to say "Nice to meet you"
  • "placer conocerte"
  • "nett dich zu treffen"
  • "agréable Te rencontrer"
  • "գեղեցիկ հանդիպել քեզ"
  • "oluʻolu e hālāwai meʻoe"
  • "不錯 遇見你"

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
IF you were a QB with aspirations to go Pro, would you want to play at the UW, a predominately run oriented offense?

The Badgers are pretty high on a top recruit for next year, 6' 4" Pro Style QB Graham Mertz. Now let's hope he doesn't uncommit after watching the train wreck that the passing game has become for the Badgers this year.

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/20...tball-recruiting-graham-mertz-kansas-playoffs

What has to fire up Badger fans is to look at the list of schools that offered Mertz!!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/graham-mertz-183838#school-interests

Yes I would. It would beat sitting on the bench behind 3 or 4 other All Americans. It has been a winning program. I agree to get a better quarterback the Badgers need better wide receivers, but they have had great tight ends. But to me playing always is better than warming the bench. I don't understand the reluctance of kids to go to Wisconsin. Academics would be the only drawback to some at other schools for some player who come from poor academic high schools.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yup, I have been touting the landing of Mertz for awhile now. So far he seems pretty good on his commit and hasn't wavered. He is going to have a decent WR group and as much as many want to think of the Badgers as a running team, they aren't afraid to pass the ball, when its actually working. Not sure if Mertz will be good enough to step right in and start, but I think he recognizes a golden opportunity to be able to shine and not get into a program that he is always having to look over his shoulder at the next whiz kid that is about to take his job. We have seen that at Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame and a few other top tier schools.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To start with, I don’t pay attention to recruiting, who’s going where or what they’ve done in high school. It today I happened to flip on the tv and came across the game. I watched just a handful of plays for each team and I remember saying, man, that kid is making big time throws. He dropped a couple in right over a defender. Perfect. Throws I don’t expect high school kids to be making.

I didn’t realize that it was the Badgers recruit until now. Very promising, I must say.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
YESSSSSSS!!!!

Thank you for finally changing the name of the Thread!!!!

Merci beaucoup!

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As this was the only thread of the Badgers I could find and I really had nowhere else to share this, I decided to do it here. One of my great memories of Wisconsin as an exchange student there.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A truly magical moment. My first football match, and what really got me into the sport. I was really bummed out when Jared didnt become a succes at GB.

Lets hope both teams can return to their former glory. Either way, On Wisconsin <3

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would call this a pretty successful program :)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bad News coming out today from the UW.

Members online