The New Look Badgers - 2023

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the season started, I predicted 8 wins for this Badger team. I said that if they reached that total, it would be a successful season. They've won 7, and have a shot at #8 in a bowl game.

What was most impressive is how Fickell and his staff slowly began to embrace the run, over the pass, because it's who the Badgers were, from past recruiting cycles. If you want to change that up, and become more pass oriented, you need the personnel on the field that fit that scheme. Obviously, from most of our perspectives, this was not the team, this year, that fit that mold.

What's on the agenda for next year? For openers, I don't know if they have a clue who will be the QB. Will it be someone already in-house, Mettauer coming out of HS, or someone coming in through the portal? Who is going to replace Braelon Allen? Obviously there's nobody on the roster at this point who can make an impact, unless it's the probably red-shirt freshman, White. But... is he going to be good enough?

On defense, what will the new batch of players look like, on the field? What kind of depth will we have in the secondary?

Next year could end up close to the same as this year, but that's an early guess at best. It will be an interesting off season, watching the in and out activities with the portal.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
First, I love the Battle for the Axe. It's just a fun rivalry. A cool border battle. I think the traveling trophies are overdone, but this one is my favorite. Second, PJ Fleck has made me dislike MN. I used to like them and hoped they would be good. Now I want them to stink. Maybe that is a good thing for a rivalry. Either way, the Axe is where it belongs and Fleck can take his paddle and shove it up sideways. Lets Go!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Puke, vomit, hoark!!!

Thank god hockey and basketball will save me from losing my mind.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Puke, vomit, hoark!!!

Thank god hockey and basketball will save me from losing my mind.

Half watched. With large amounts of players sitting out because of NFL draft and transfer, bowl games now are even more irrelevant. I watch them like I watch NFL preseason. Just looking at specific players and not really caring about the outcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts