OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Packers team is so much better than the last giants playoff game. Indescribably better. And the giants are the same. Can't wait to see coughlibs rosy cheeks again lol
Right now I am soooo glad we lost against the Chefs a few weeks back. Needed to remember what it felt like to loose! Go Packers!
stand up turn around and look back at me mean...mean like a dragon

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all, just as the thread title says, Giant fan here looking for an open, and objective discussion about the game. Not here to troll or talk trash. I know how good the Packers are, and we'll need to play a perfect game to win.

Just wanted to hear from the other side about the match up.

Reaction score
Your defensive line could be a struggle. The game will come down to this:

Who will force the most turnovers? Whoever has more interceptions or makes more stops on 3rd downs will win. May sound generic but between the 2 offenses, that is what it will come down to.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This ain't New Yawk.
This is Titletown, baby!!
Home of the 13 time NFL champs season winning 15-1 Green Bay Packers!
And we should be scared, why exactly?
It is time. This is the time for Aaron Rodgers to bring the playoff winning ways back to Lambeau.
Take a look at the background of the edges of the thread pages.
See that Lambeau crowd?
That is why the Giants should be scared to face the Pack.
They will be playing the best NFL team in front of the best and most loyal fans.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to do the same but these Packer fans think we're all trolls looking to aimlessly troll this board for the week. I just want to have intelligent football conversation.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This ain't New Yawk.
This is Titletown, baby!!
Home of the 13 time NFL champs season winning 15-1 Green Bay Packers!
And we should be scared, why exactly?
It is time. This is the time for Aaron Rodgers to bring the playoff winning ways back to Lambeau.
Take a look at the background of the edges of the thread pages.
See that Lambeau crowd?
That is why the Giants should be scared to face the Pack.
They will be playing the best NFL team in front of the best and most loyal fans.
I was at the NFC champ in 07..packers fans were great very classy group..but no offense it is by no means a hostile environment. You people are too nice:)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol..nice...that is a joke btw
So was mine. But if we had an owners box, it would be freakin huge.

You mention a desire for Xs and Os talk, but I just glanced through and did not see any contribution on your part other than complaining about it.

Therefore, I am going to proceed with a bit more technical look at the game:

Packers will go to a lot of wide formations. They will do a lot of quick drops and dumps to avoid the rush of the NFLs best D Line. Look for TE Finley to have a big day as well as Jennings and Nelson. I don't think the Packers will rush very often, but when they do they will do okay.

The Giants will kill the Packers through the air. For whatever reason, we have difficulty stopping anyone through the air. Our ability to make more interceptions than give up is a big factor in our record. I don't think the Giants will try running much, because the air yards are all too easy. I expect Cruz to have the biggest game of his career.

In the end, though, I think Eli will sling a couple of Ints that give the advantage to the Packers.

Packers 42 Giants 34.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is usually the first thing I say when discussing a game as well. Turnovers will be huge. In our first meeting if Eli doesn't throw a pick six the tide of that game could change dramatically. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing that away by saying IF, he threw it, we lost. My point is we need to play mistake free football and hope to either force, or get a mistake or two from the Packers. If we go mistake for mistake, it probably won't end well for us.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aaron ross looks good today for big blue..not that he has been a world beater..but was worried the giants would have a rookie out there.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty much the way I see the game going too...scorewise anyway.. If Giants can keep the packers down under 34, I think they can win.... But that is a tall order..

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how your now healthy OLine handles our now healthy DLine. This is probably the most important match-up of the game, and one I will be paying the most attention to.

I really hope we can contain Clay Matthews. He is one of the best edge rushers in the game and can make plays all over the field. We basically shut down DeMarcus Ware so I am optimistic about containing Matthews, but it will be no cakewalk.

Reaction score
I wanted to do the same but these Packer fans think we're all trolls looking to aimlessly troll this board for the week. I just want to have intelligent football conversation.
You could learn a few things from your friend here.

That is usually the first thing I say when discussing a game as well. Turnovers will be huge. In our first meeting if Eli doesn't throw a pick six the tide of that game could change dramatically. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing that away by saying IF, he threw it, we lost. My point is we need to play mistake free football and hope to either force, or get a mistake or two from the Packers. If we go mistake for mistake, it probably won't end well for us.
Exactly. Since the game will be in the mid teens and have the possibility of snowing, I could see both teams using a heavy dose of running. At least that is what I thought until Matt Flynn threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns in the snow. If the Giants can run all over us like the Chiefs did, they will undoubtably win. The addition of Bishop and Hawk for this game will be huge since they have both been injured since the week before the first Giants-Packers game. If the Pack gets some sort of run game going it will mean less pressure on Rodgers to perform and literally less pressure from JPP and Osi. That would mean that the play-action pass would open up for the Packers.

So basically for us to win
we have to throw all over you guys and outscore you.
or
Run a ton and use playaction to get a couple big plays

For you to win you'll need to
Get a turnover or 2 and outscore Rodgers
or
Run heavily all over our defense and finish the drives with touchdowns, not field goals.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how your now healthy OLine handles our now healthy DLine. This is probably the most important match-up of the game, and one I will be paying the most attention to.

I really hope we can contain Clay Matthews. He is one of the best edge rushers in the game and can make plays all over the field. We basically shut down DeMarcus Ware so I am optimistic about containing Matthews, but it will be no cakewalk.
I am hoping, really really hoping, that this will be the big breakout game for Clay that we have been waiting for all season long.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could learn a few things from your friend here.

Learn what? I'm not going to be overly friendly just to gain acceptance. I'm here to talk football and some friendly trash talk here and there. If you wanna call me a troll go ahead, but that is not my intention.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hoping, really really hoping, that this will be the big breakout game for Clay that we have been waiting for all season long.

He killed us the last game with that huge pick 6...completely shifted the momentum of the game and deflated our home crowd for the time being. That was a really bad decision by Eli to throw it with Clay waiting the whole time. I don't know if he didn't see him reading it or what, but that's what Eli does some times.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer OL is healthy with all their starters again, Giants DL is healthy with all their starters again. Big matchup there. Giants absolutely must get pressure on Rodgers and not just a little. IF they're forced to blitz to pressure Rodgers they are putting themselves at great risk.

Packer front 7 has Pickett and Bishop back, their best 2 run stoppers, Giants running game is back. Another big matchup. If the Giants can run at will and average 5 yards a carry, they could control the clock and keep AR off the field.

Packer secondary is better than the Giants secondary, especially if Ross is out. Better chance for INTs on Packer side.

Packers gave up a lot of big plays to Manning and the Giants' receivers last time. Can't do that this time.

Reaction score
Hello all, just as the thread title says, Giant fan here looking for an open, and objective discussion about the game. Not here to troll or talk trash. I know how good the Packers are, and we'll need to play a perfect game to win.

Just wanted to hear from the other side about the match up.

we don't discuss football here outsider.... (spits tobacco @ giant's fans shoe)

Reaction score
Learn what? I'm not going to be overly friendly just to gain acceptance. I'm here to talk football and some friendly trash talk here and there. If you wanna call me a troll go ahead, but that is not my intention.
Well maybe you shouldn't accuse me of thinking you're a troll. I'm perfectly fine with friendly trash talking but when you accuse us of something that only about 1% of the people on here think, we think less of you.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well maybe you shouldn't accuse me of thinking you're a troll. I'm perfectly fine with friendly trash talking but when you accuse us of something that only about 1% of the people on here think, we think less of you.

I dunno...maybe because the first thread I entered I was called a troll numerous times?

Reaction score
I dunno...maybe because the first thread I entered I was called a troll numerous times?
Really? Maybe because right when 1 of the hundreds of people on this board makes a jab at the Giants, you off on them.

You guys sure are cocky. I guess I would be too if my team went 15-1. We get the Ballard call correct and we beat you. You guys lost to the Chiefs of all teams...I like our chances Sunday. You guys are clearly the better team so you should win right?
This.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Maybe because right when 1 of the hundreds of people on this board makes a jab at the Giants, you off on them.

This.

Just some trash talking my friend like I said before....I'm just saying just because I talk trash doesn't mean I'm a troll. I'm from the Giants.com boards, and I've seen my fair share of what I consider trolls. I consider a troll to be an ignorant, uninformed, overly cocky trash talker who never talks X's and O's just talks meaningless trash and who doesn't show up again if their team loses. I like to think of myself as a very intelligent football fan who enjoys the occasional back and fourth trash talk. And if you guys beat us Sunday I will be back here to congratulate you Packer fans for a job well done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts