Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Cardinals 1/10: LOSE 51 - 45

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire offense gets credit for us to be even close to where we were in this game. I just feel sorry for defensive players like Nick Collins and Ryan Pickett. these too were set to get new contracts after this season but with an awful display of defense their stock has went down tremendously.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately with the likilhood of a uncapped season we will need to retain as many top flight guys as we can, the pickings in Free Agency won't be so good as many players will become restricted FA and get tendered.

(Btw Tashard Choice was a good college rb, he's not that great in the pros, I'd steer clear of him, I'd rather draft a running back as bring that guy in.)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately with the likilhood of a uncapped season we will need to retain as many top flight guys as we can, the pickings in Free Agency won't be so good as many players will become restricted FA and get tendered.

(Btw Tashard Choice was a good college rb, he's not that great in the pros, I'd steer clear of him, I'd rather draft a running back as bring that guy in.)

Choice is also a clown in the locker room who doesn't really take his job seriously. He relies only on his athletic ability but when it comes time for him to make a big play and make smart decisions he certainly won't work hard to prepare for it. TT certainly doesn't like that kind of work ethic.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Running backs for the WCO that we run are a dime a dozen really, you can find them in the middle rounds easy enough if you need one.

cecil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Running backs for the WCO that we run are a dime a dozen really, you can find them in the middle rounds easy enough if you need one.

DBs fellas. We need DBs. Woodson and Harris are really old. Tramon Williams is a dime. We need young DBs. Probably 2 CBs and a Safety.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I had a bad feeling going into the game. The way the Steelers exposed us in the Secondary, I'm not surprised to see it happen again. The focus next year better be in getting some pass rush (other than Blitzes/Matthews) and building a secondary. Not having Al Harris who has plenty of playoff experience hurt us bad. The young guys just got owned out there.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speaking of the draft, does anyone know what picks we have in the upcoming draft?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Too bad the Refs forgot to put in their contacts in for OT. That should have been 15 yards and a 1st. Thank you ****HEADS! I'm starting to think they are told to hold the penalties in OT to make it as exciting as possible because then you have endings like this. Exciting endings are good drama for the NFL. They hold the penalties for the team they want to win. Call me a paranoid, but after the NBA ref scandal, I don't trust refs at all in any sport.

Considering the Word Cup Games, Olympics have been plain out fixed and NBA games have been tweaked to make the playoffs more exciting. I dunno. I'm really starting to wonder if Refs are truly unbiased and if the NFL isn't managing how games are called to make for more exciting games.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthey is responsible for the team, that includes the defense and preparing every week. Considering the terrible start, and the rotten defense today, I'd say he took the first game for granted.

Dude... you nailed it. I really think the beginning was a combination of bad luck and lack of preperation. The linebackers looked disgusting. But McCarthy still hasn't won a big game since the head Drama Queen left town... I think you gotta stick with him at least one more year. Hopefully the Packers draft smart, get some help on defense and come back next year.:viksux:

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I had a bad feeling going into the game. The way the Steelers exposed us in the Secondary, I'm not surprised to see it happen again. The focus next year better be in getting some pass rush (other than Blitzes/Matthews) and building a secondary. Not having Al Harris who has plenty of playoff experience hurt us bad. The young guys just got owned out there.

Bingo! I would still like to see them make a run at a offensive linemen. But yes... we need to find a cure for the defense. When Big Ben scortched us I was worried... and once the Packers became favorites this morning, I bet on Arizone.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not proud of my wager, but I was just being realistic. I love Green Bay... just not with my money...

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
We fell short, but I can't say enough about how excited I am and how much respect I have for the Packers organization. With the adversity they overcame this year, no one can deny that the Green Bay Packers are a much improved team from their 6-10 record from last year. What else can one ask for, the Super Bowl? Sure, it's natural.

Core Packer fans like myself have this mindset because hope carries the day. But, at the same time, we temper ourselves knowing well that like all teams, the Packers have their weaknesses too. I'd be a blind man if I didn't see what they were. So, while the Packers were as John Madden would put it, "thrown back in the pile," this dedicated Packer organization will do well to improve next year. There's just no looking back.

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can't believe all the pissing and moaning about the refs, and perceived slights and non-calls. you guys sound like a bunch of 12 yr old girls.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can't believe all the pissing and moaning about the refs, and perceived slights and non-calls. you guys sound like a bunch of 12 yr old girls.

Do you disagree that Fitz didn't push Woody to get open? I haven't said one thing about the refs, but that was pretty obvious I thought...

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you disagree that Fitz didn't push Woody to get open? I haven't said one thing about the refs, but that was pretty obvious I thought...

I will submit there was contact on the play, just as there is in nearly every play of every game. i stand by my comments here, to much shrill *****ing and whining.

styme33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson, McCarthy, and Capers: take your legacy and shove it up your ***. Take Rodgers and Crosby with you, too. First play of the game Rodgers? Really? He's an NFL quarterback and he doesn't know to throw the ball away? I learned that in Pop Warner!!! In OT, an OVERTHROW?!?!?!?!?!? Hey, TT, pay him another million, maybe he'll overthrown by three yards next year!!! ********. Oh, by the way, Favre is resting this week because he lead his team to a BYE!!! Good thing you traded him TT! Nice "legacy."

I'm sick of this ****. This team sucks, this management sucks, and weasels suck too (I just don't like weasels, that's all).

Kick me off this board if you want admin, I don't give a ****. After 37 years (yes, that's 37 years, and three generations) of being a pack fan, I'm sick of this ****ing ****. **** you TT/MM, you're both ****ing IDIOTS!!!!

fromphilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But McCarthy still hasn't won a big game since the head Drama Queen left town...

I think it's a different task prepping a team for a playoff game when you have a HOFer leading the offense. AR did his thing but some things "(like starting a playoff game on the right foot) you have to do a couple times to really feel right.

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson, McCarthy, and Capers: take your legacy and shove it up your ***. Take Rodgers and Crosby with you, too. First play of the game Rodgers? Really? He's an NFL quarterback and he doesn't know to throw the ball away? I learned that in Pop Warner!!! In OT, an OVERTHROW?!?!?!?!?!? Hey, TT, pay him another million, maybe he'll overthrown by three yards next year!!! ********. Oh, by the way, Favre is resting this week because he lead his team to a BYE!!! Good thing you traded him TT! Nice "legacy."

I'm sick of this ****. This team sucks, this management sucks, and weasels suck too (I just don't like weasels, that's all).

Kick me off this board if you want admin, I don't give a ****. After 37 years (yes, that's 37 years, and three generations) of being a pack fan, I'm sick of this ****ing ****. **** you TT/MM, you're both ****ing IDIOTS!!!!

++1

Members online

Latest posts