Official 2022 week 2 pregame thread: It's time to hunt some Bears

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm struggling a bit with this one. Again, I watched it and especially in the 4th quarter it was a complete down pour. "Most neighborhoods in the Chicago area received between four and six inches of rain on Sunday", according to NBC Chicago. "Flash Flood Warnings were issued for the start of the noon game".
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don't want to get into an argument about the weather, but my son had to play in it too. It was pretty miserable sitting in it. It was a consistent and steady rain for hours. Thankfully, we were up by so much that the mercy rule came into affect and the game ended early. My only point in all of this is that one can't really judge how good the Bears, or 49ers, are in a game like this and in week 1 to boot. Defense gets the advantage and it sure seemed like that was the case most of the game. Although, both teams scored more than the Packers and they were in a dome. :(

Here's a photo of the end of the game where they added digital lines to the field. Nice try Fox!
The records I see from the airport show that 0.81 inches of rain fell between 9 am that morning and the start of their game at noon with the peak being just under 1/2 inch between 9-10 then it tapered quite a bit.

and between noon and 3 just over 1/2 inch at 0.6inches.
Maybe there was a pretty abrupt division of very heavy stuff and the not so heavy stuff, it can happen. I don't know what the weather map looked like that day. Those are just the readings from the airport 10 miles away.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I was watching (which was quite a bit), people slipped but not really that much. It was a good game with neither QB playing well.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The records I see from the airport show that 0.81 inches of rain fell between 9 am that morning and the start of their game at noon with the peak being just under 1/2 inch between 9-10 then it tapered quite a bit.

and between noon and 3 just over 1/2 inch at 0.6inches.
Maybe there was a pretty abrupt division of very heavy stuff and the not so heavy stuff, it can happen. I don't know what the weather map looked like that day. Those are just the readings from the airport 10 miles away.
"Rainfall rate is generally described as light, moderate or heavy. Light rainfall is considered less than 0.10 inches of rain per hour. Moderate rainfall measures 0.10 to 0.30 inches of rain per hour. Heavy rainfall is more than 0.30 inches of rain per hour."
When I was watching (which was quite a bit), people slipped but not really that much. It was a good game with neither QB playing well.
You guys are really missing my point here. The Packers bounce back against the Bears. The defense has the advantage in the rain and it clearly showed. Regardless, I just think the Packers are the more talented team and will be much more prepared for this game.

Reaction score
QB, Justin Fields and the Run game needs to be stressed as a focal point.
Last week Fields passed 17 times (61%) and Rushed 11 times (39%).

Obviously there were adverse weather conditions and I think it limited his per carry (2.5 per)
But it shows he’s very comfortable faking a handoff and running in the opposite direction.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm struggling a bit with this one. Again, I watched it and especially in the 4th quarter it was a complete down pour. "Most neighborhoods in the Chicago area received between four and six inches of rain on Sunday", according to NBC Chicago. "Flash Flood Warnings were issued for the start of the noon game".

I don't want to get into an argument about the weather, but my son had to play in it too. It was pretty miserable sitting in it. It was a consistent and steady rain for hours. Thankfully, we were up by so much that the mercy rule came into affect and the game ended early. My only point in all of this is that one can't really judge how good the Bears, or 49ers, are in a game like this and in week 1 to boot. Defense gets the advantage and it sure seemed like that was the case most of the game. Although, both teams scored more than the Packers and they were in a dome. :(

Here's a photo of the end of the game where they added digital lines to the field. Nice try Fox!
Brought back memories of Brett Farve and that Halloween game there.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers listed Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Lazard and Runyan as questionable for Sunday's game against the Bears.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Animal banter I'll add my two cents.

If you come across any bears yelling Hey Bear will help in an Bear encounter. Never panic and run it will make you easy prey. Remain calm and slowly try and leave the area.

If you encounter a Chicago Bear they are very timid and meek. While they may appear threatening any aggression will quickly pacify them.

Reaction score
With the Animal banter I'll add my two cents.

If you come across any bears yelling Hey Bear will help in an Bear encounter. Never panic and run it will make you easy prey. Remain calm and slowly try and leave the area.

If you encounter a Chicago Bear they are very timid and meek. While they may appear threatening any aggression will quickly pacify them.
Yes. And Bring the Julius Pepper spray.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking we pull this out 24-17. Maybe closer than people predicted. I'm thinking the offense gets things figured out. Hoping both sides of the ball had time last week to shake a little rust off.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like things will go smoother at home. The crowd energy does help and this is several players first official game @Lambeau. Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs will eventually be better than EQ Brown. This might be one a several teams that the Packers actually match their Receiving group. If Lazard plays I’d give GB the + at WR, which says much about Chicago. Lol
WR advantage Even (until further notice)

Montgomery is good, but we have a pair of RB’s that would both top him in a head to head. Khalil Herbert is ok, but so 1-dimensional.
RB advantage Packers

Rodgers on a bad day trumps Fields
QB advantage Packers

Kmet is a good TE, but nothing spectacular. He is physical and can catch a ball. Low grade Redzone
TE advantage Packers

Braxton Jones is going to get acquainted in back to back games with the NFL level pass rush and the Packers should seriously consider moving Gary onto his side and rotating Kenny on him. The very young, Chicago RT/LT are probably equal to GB, (unless Elgton is back)
OL advantage Even
Well said!

Our defense definitely will have an advantage. Across the board; front seven, ILBs, secondary, like you said match ups well. I really like our defense against the run. It helps tremendously having two ILBs to play the run. That's what I always disliked about Pettine's scheme. He'd leave the ILB on an island and would usually get sealed off by a tackle or guard. Especially playing against Chicago's style I feel pretty confident. Hoping we win the matchup battle which we certainly failed at that vs Minnesota.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Talked to my best friend the bears fan for a bet

His complaints

The bears had 3 yards passing in 1st half...Had a fluke play for a td

Ol stinks, wr are young (and they have Es brown) dl isn't what it was last year.

He sees a 30 to 10 loss for his bears

He wanted 17 points to bet

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have elevated RB Patrick Taylor from the practice squad to the active roster for tonight's game vs. the Bears.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts