Official 2018 Round 2 pick: Josh Jackson

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised that they doubled up on corners and even more surprised to get a guy of Jackson’s quality at #45. Love the value. As I said several times in the last few months, Jackson’s size, athleticism, and ball skills compare to Marcus Peters.

Consider CB position fixed.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Did you pull that quote from the post 2015 draft thread? ;)

I wasn’t as invested in the Packers in 2015, but I was following the draft heavily and I will say that I didn’t like Randall and Rollins even half as much as I like Alexander and Jackson.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wasn’t as invested in the Packers in 2015, but I was following the draft heavily and I will say that I didn’t like Randall and Rollins even half as much as I like Alexander and Jackson.
I wasn't quite as draft vested in 2015 as I am now, but I knew enough. I still had to look up both Randall and Rollins when they were picked. I've come a long way, I even knew the skinny on Oren Burks, but only because he was a Packer pre-draft visit.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted an olb in the first 3 rounds but man I am excited about the secondary. A lot of talent and athleticism now the staff needs to get them to grow as players and the players need to develop.

I wonder if the team is higher on beigel than we are? Or they just haven't liked the olb on the board. Pass rush needs some help compared to last year so hopefully Pettine has a plan.

There should be guards, wrs and tes available late. Is there a diamond in the rough olb

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wanted an olb in the first 3 rounds but man I am excited about the secondary. A lot of talent and athleticism now the staff needs to get them to grow as players and the players need to develop.

I wonder if the team is higher on beigel than we are? Or they just haven't liked the olb on the board. Pass rush needs some help compared to last year so hopefully Pettine has a plan.

There should be guards, wrs and tes available late. Is there a diamond in the rough olb

Good thing we cut Matthews like many wanted to do. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was one of those people. Glad they don't listen to me. And hope Matthews proves me wrong all year
Matthews may be overpaid, but he will probably out perform any player that the Packers could have drafted. Next year comes the big decision on Matthews and or his replacement. Good thing the Saints armed us with the #1 pick in the draft!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If on Wednesday I had told you that the Packers would come out of rounds 1 and 2 with Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, and an extra 1st round pick next year, what would you have said?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first I was disgusted on the pick but then I checked my board, nobody was available. Then I found the appreciation, he has righted the wrong of TTs 2015. Randall was talented as a converted safety but his attitude got him the boot and Rollins was just a flat out bust. Despite some people's concern, this is proven talent from the college ranks.

I also think that this draft based off the first two picks alone will start a pivot back to focusing on the offense or at least a "balanced" approach to the Draft. So maybe we have to "Trust the process" and BG will find some major offensive weapons next year if the defense can return to at least a middle of the road level in 2018.

As far as depth goes, I'd go Williams, Alexander, Jackson, King. I'd let House, Pipkins, and maybe Hawkins battle it out for the 5th and maybe 6th spot if there is one available.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If on Wednesday I had told you that the Packers would come out of rounds 1 and 2 with Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, and an extra 1st round pick next year, what would you have said?
Yeah? But did we get Sutton? :coffee:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The diamond in the rough at OLB is Marcell Frazier. Should go early in the 4th we would have to move up to get him.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson is the best corner in this draft and I can't believe we were able to get him in the 2nd. Alexander will be good, better than Randall and Rollins at least. But King and Jackson will be a deadly duo. Maybe the best since Harris/ Woodson.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Time will tell I guess.

Sutton went where he belongs in my opinion. He's exceptionally talented and exceptionally raw. We've seen a lot of teams in recent seasons get burned by taking guys like him too high-- athletes who are undeveloped in the nuances of the receiver position. The round 1/2 bubble recognizes his upside and his risk.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've always wondered if the NFL guys making the decisions on the picks pay much attention to mock drafts and media reports on players. Excluding the Browns Front Office of course, it's obvious that they were before Dorsey. :coffee:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The diamond in the rough at OLB is Marcell Frazier. Should go early in the 4th we would have to move up to get him.

Meh, I see him as a 5th or 6th Rounder, based on who's still on the board in Armstrong, Ejiofor, Okoronkwo, Sweat, Holmes, and Griffin.