Obama may become first sitting president to attend a Super Bowl

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
President Obama said Wednesday that if his hometown Bears are in the Super Bowl, he’ll be there, too — which would make him the first sitting president to attend. “Oh, if the Bears are in the Super Bowl, we’re going,” Obama said. It wasn’t clear whether Obama was making a firm commitment to attend or…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They throw out the first pitch but dont go to the SB? Get with the times guys.

Maybe he will sit next to Bush. Good way to prevent the crazies from shooting one of them if their hero is next to him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great now the Bears have Obama behind them...

He is pretty good about the whole thing. I think he signed a cheesehead when he was in WI but gave everyone a hard time about the bears.

I hate politicians that pull the I love the team from the state I am in today. McCain and Hilliary are two that come to mind.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Lord have mercy! That's going to create a nightmare with security and secret service all over the place! The Bears may not even get there anyway, I wonder if he would cheer for the Packers in their stead?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Lord have mercy! That's going to create a nightmare with security and secret service all over the place! The Bears may not even get there anyway, I wonder if he would cheer for the Packers in their stead?

if pittsburg goes in he will cheer for them. He is good friends with Rooney and cheered for them when they played the cards a couple years back. If its packers jets I have no idea.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wish he would focus a little more on our country but thats just me...

Either way he is going to watch the SB. Its not like much is going to get done either way around the US. If he wants to go to a game and enjoy it more power to him. Cant expect him to be "on" 24/7.

I ran into Doyle all the time at sporting events. Never once did I say to myself, "why is he here? shouldnt he be in the office working?"

As far as paying for his ticket I am sure he will. He has tons of money from his books, and being the president pays well. The only bonus for him is due to security he wont be paying scalper prices, he will pay face value and get it from the team. taxpayers will pick up the cost of security, but no way of avoiding that.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way he is going to watch the SB. Its not like much is going to get done either way around the US. If he wants to go to a game and enjoy it more power to him. Cant expect him to be "on" 24/7.

I ran into Doyle all the time at sporting events. Never once did I say to myself, "why is he here? shouldnt he be in the office working?"

As far as paying for his ticket I am sure he will. He has tons of money from his books, and being the president pays well. The only bonus for him is due to security he wont be paying scalper prices, he will pay face value and get it from the team. taxpayers will pick up the cost of security, but no way of avoiding that.

Very true, I hear what you're saying. The only thing I mean by that is, it seems like every time I look in sports headlines he's there. Whether its trying to mess with the BCS system in college football or making march madness picks he's there. I think it's cool he's a big sports guy, but with the state of our country and the criticism he is getting already, this stuff doesn't help him look any better ya know?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true, I hear what you're saying. The only thing I mean by that is, it seems like every time I look in sports headlines he's there. Whether its trying to mess with the BCS system in college football or making march madness picks he's there. I think it's cool he's a big sports guy, but with the state of our country and the criticism he is getting already, this stuff doesn't help him look any better ya know?

I really dont see it that way. He is a person too. Just like everyone else that makes a ncaa pool he should be able to. He cant live in a box, and he cant be "on" 24/7. People seem to expect way to much out of presidents. Like should he not have his family at the white house due to them being a distraction? Look at a photo of every president 4 years after they have been elected. They all looked like they are worked to death.

As far as the BCS I dont think I have heard anything about that from him since he has been elected. He talked about it when he was running when he was asked about it, he is a sports fan he isnt going to decline the question. I think he should have the justice department investigate the NCAA for violating anti trust laws.

I might agree with you if he had season tickets to the whitesox, bears, and blackhawks but he doesnt. He actually rarely goes home, 3x a year last year I think.

Members online

Latest posts