O.T.S. 4-8-10 (Packers Rumors)

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are the latest rumors from my site, http://joeslockerroom.com

April 8th,2010 On The Sidelines

Here are some rumors that I have heard about.

RUMOR:

n.

A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

The rumor mill is slower this year. I think it may have to do with the draft being 3 days long. So this is the best I can for the time being. Hopefully it should pick up as the draft gets closer.

Add these to the list of players that have or will meet with the Green Bay according to my sources:

QB John Crompton
QB Mike Kafka
QB Jevan Snead
QB Zac Robinson
RB Dexter McCluster
RB Jahvid Best
RB Jonathan Dwyer
RB Ryan Mathews
RB Lonyae Miller
RB Deji Karim
RB Joe McKnight
WR Blair White
WR Dave Gettis
WR Jordan Shipley
WR Damien Williams
WR Mardy Gilyard
WR Eric Decker
TE Nate Byham
OG Mike Johnson
OG Shawn Lauvao
OT Charles Brown
OT Jason Veldheer
OT Jason Fox
OT Kyle Calloway
OT Ciron Black
OT Selvish Capers
OT Chris Marinelli
DE C J Wilson
DT Jared Odrick
DL Tyson Alualu
LB Sergio Kindle
LB Jerry Hughes
LB Sean Weatherspoon
LB Thaddeus Gibson
LB Danny Batten
S Taylor Mays
S Morgan Burnett
S Darrell Stuckey
S Larry Asante
S Nick Polk
S Chad Jones
CB Kyle Wilson
CB Devin McCourty
CB Perrish Cox
CB Patrick Robinson
CB Kareem Jackson
CB Chris Cook
CB Jerome Murphy
CB Kevan Thomas
CB Myron Lewis

I was told by a friend to expect the Packers to draft at least 2 CB's in this draft. He said that the rumor is the Packers want to add not only depth to the CB position, but also speed.

That same friend also told me that the Packers are the team that most teams drafting behind them wants to deal with (as far as trading back). He said that it wouldn't surprise him to see Ted Thompson add at least another 2nd round pick and two 3rd rounders.

I have heard that Mike McCarthy wants to develop another young QB. That may not be a good sign for Matt Flynn. It could show that McCarthy feels Flynn has reached his potential level and is as good as he is going to get.

The interest in Mardy Gilyard is legit from what I was told. I have heard that the Packers like everything about him. They think he can be an elite returner and his passion for the game of football sets him a part from other players. They love how he has turned himself around and that he overcame a difficult situation (without complaining or blaming others).

I was told that the Packers are doing some extensive "prodding" into Jahvid Best's medical records. He is a player that should be there in the later parts of round 1 or even early into round 2 (if they trade back).

The rumor making it's rounds (around the NFL) is the agent for Colledge recently turned down a 2 year extension for 3.85 million and the speculation is that Colledge wants a 3 year, 8 million dollar deal. Another Colledge rumor has the Packers making him a full time LT (and backing up Clifton if he isn't the starting LG).

I have heard that the Packers have been shopping Brady Poppinga LB and Donald Lee for some time, but no team is interested.

An interesting rumor surfaced that has the Packers (quietly) listening to offers for Nick Barnett. Also, keep an eye on the Rams as a possible trade partner for Jarrett Bush. They wanted him last year and like his special teams play and flexibility in the secondary.

Joe Arrigo
[email protected]

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great read Arrigo, i really like your posts. I've been hearing the gilyard rumors for a while now and think he'd be on of TT's picks this year. The Packers will meet with Charles Brown? That's good to hear because he's been totally ignored by our scouting staff. He wasn't approached by the packers during the combine and TT bypassed his workout during USC's pro day. Either Brown isn't even on the Packers' radar or he's the best kept secret in America.

Darn Colledge's refusal to that deal is absolutely ridiculous. No team is going to pay that highly for his services. Too bad on the 0 offers for Lee and Popinga. If the Rams are interested in Jarrett Bush then whoopeee! I really don't like the idea of shopping Nick Barnett, in fact Nick Barnett and trade shouldn't even be in the same sentence.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look at who they meet with and make contact with and who they draft, you will see Ted & company rarely meet with who they want to draft.

good read though. I like hearing about the possible trades.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard that Mike McCarthy wants to develop another young QB. That may not be a good sign for Matt Flynn. It could show that McCarthy feels Flynn has reached his potential level and is as good as he is going to get.

While that may be the case, let me throw out another theory: I think McCarthy knows that sooner or later he's gonna need to trade Flynn. There's no way Flynn starts over Rodgers unless Rodgers is hurt, so it makes sense to start developing someone new to be ready for when Flynn's contract is up and he gets traded.

This will be Flynn's 3rd year as a backup behind Aaron Rodgers. Next year will be a great time to trade him to someone who's gonna be in need. Might as well have a backup plan in the works.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can there even be talk of Trading Nicky?! The further away he is from that injury the better he started to play. I don't think it'd be wise to get rid of him.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Trade Bush and a Thank You for the Ram's generosity!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really cant imagine anyone taking Bush off our hands but more power to the packers if they find a trade partner.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why would we even think about moving Colledge to LT. He is a TERRIBLE pass blocker as a LG, he would be on even more of an island at LT. it scares me to think about that scenario and how many times Rodgers would take blind hits because of Colledge's lack of talent. Honestly if he doesn't want the deal we offered, trade his bum ***.

And we should NOT trade Nick Barnett. He is a stud middle linebacker, it's the guy next to him who is blowing all his coverages.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will meet with Charles Brown? That's good to hear because he's been totally ignored by our scouting staff. He wasn't approached by the packers during the combine and TT bypassed his workout during USC's pro day. Either Brown isn't even on the Packers' radar or he's the best kept secret in America.

That tells me we are going to draft Charles Brown. Its a TT smoke screen.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I envision seeing the Packer "G" disappear when we are on the clock, and wondering WTF? And then having to wait until Friday night to see who we draft.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I envision seeing the Packer "G" disappear when we are on the clock, and wondering WTF? And then having to wait until Friday night to see who we draft.
If on one hand I want the Packers to move down so they can get more good players, on another I'd be pretty bummed to wait for them the whole nght to pick just to hear that I'd have to wait yet for another night to actually see them selecting a player.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ugh I honestly thought the same thing the other night. Luckily I like the 49ers too so I will get to see them make a few pics, plus it's just interesting to see who takes who anyways. But still, I would be upset.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Tebow is there it will be worth it to watch how awkward it gets as the night goes on. If I was him I would just bring the Heisman with me, less lonely that way.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If on one hand I want the Packers to move down so they can get more good players, on another I'd be pretty bummed to wait for them the whole nght to pick just to hear that I'd have to wait yet for another night to actually see them selecting a player.
Yes that would suck. But at least I'd have my list of who was already picked.........and kind of re-evaluate the remaining top guys on my list. I would rather just have TT pick the best available at 23 wether or not its a Saftey, OT, OLB or Corner.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows, TT likes to surprise us every year. Seeing as how we are really close and only need about 2-3 players to get to the big game, he may even trade up and get a whopping 2 extra picks in the first round. I know it sounds like a pipe dream but here's to hoping....

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Tebow is there it will be worth it to watch how awkward it gets as the night goes on. If I was him I would just bring the Heisman with me, less lonely that way.

he really shouldn't go to the Draft. If he is still in the green room and its the 2nd rd, that is all the announcers would talk about.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a thought, for those of you concerned with waiting all night for nothing- DVR it. Then you can fast forward through the crap, cut down the wait and not waste as much time. =)

Anyway, it's what I do every year. Draft day can be fun, but can also be a LONG, drawn out process.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think it sucked in the past, wait until this year when it starts thursday night and ends saturday night. If a player doesn't get drafted in the first round, he goes back to his hotel and has to wait until friday night to see where he is going. Some confirmations on players to be at the draft, Bradford, Suh, Spiller, Best, Haden, Ghee, Okung, Baluga, Berry, McCoy, Odrick, Dan and Trent Williams, Thomas and Morgan. Clausen and Tebow have declined according to ProFootballTalk.

I would rather have it on saturday and sunday in lieu of the new Goodell way. But the draft is about the fans, I mean the amount the NFL can make being in primetime.

Members online

Latest posts