Notice Brett?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Did you notice how emotional Brett was when talking after the game about the receivers made the plays. The look in his eyes said it all, I think he's realizing he can't make the throws he used to and the end is near. It was hard for me to watch that because I guess I felt some of his pain almost swelling up myself.
I think after 2005 season if the pack doesnt win it all this year, he's gonna hang up his cleets. No doubt one of the top five best all time players ever in the NFL.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will play until he stops having fun. I can see Brett still on the team, when the time comes that he has been delegated to back up, if he is still having fun.
I think he would like to mentor the new QB whoever and whenever that maybe.
Later
Leopardmech

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Brett plays one more year - but I'd like to see him demand that Rossley be replaced....

No doubt, I would kind of like to see Brett have his choice to call his own plays without having to consult with anyone on the plays. I think that may even light a fire under his ***, not saying he NEEDS it, but I think it would inspire him a little more than he already is.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt, I would kind of like to see Brett have his choice to call his own plays without having to consult with anyone on the plays
That would be sweet. Maybe it would give Majic Mikey some time to take care of his neglected G.M. duties. :lol:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"neglected GM duties.." ---- hmmmmm!

Bottom line? One person CANNOT do both jobs.
A person may get away with it, as some have, but only when they have a protege in the background being their puppets - and who wants to be a slave like that.. if you can do that job, then get the credit. Sherman needs to figure out where he wants to sit and separate these two positions entirely... and never ever hire your friend (or family - same thing) for a position like that of OC or DC.... ever! You should never do that, it's too restrictive against the good of the Team - and if you think it thru --- I think all of you would agree!

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPB, good points. Harlan has said that Sherman knows what he wants to do w/ the GM position. My guess is he'll find someone like McKenzie to take over Hately's duties and maybe make him the Co or assistant GM. From the article I read, it sure didn't sound like Harlan was calling the shots or considering replacing Sherman in any capacity. I would agree w/ you though; the entire organization has gotten to "chummy" and lost it's objectivity. As far as Farve goes, I think he'll stay as long as he's having fun which is closely related to the "I don't have to do it all on my own for us to win factor." If our D doesn't improve this off-season, it might make his decision a whole lot easier to make.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i see no problem with favre crying after a win like that. he has been thru many ups and downs with the team and personally this season and in his career. i don't think emotion is a bad thing, he just cares that much.

as far as sherm, i just wish we could go back to having the best GM in the history of football. let's bring back wolf and win a couple more titles.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
i see no problem with favre crying after a win like that. he has been thru many ups and downs with the team and personally this season and in his career. i don't think emotion is a bad thing, he just cares that much.

as far as sherm, i just wish we could go back to having the best GM in the history of football. let's bring back wolf and win a couple more titles.

It was not that HE was emotional, it was the comments he said that made his eyes swell up and get glazed over.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
My guess is he'll find someone like McKenzie to take over Hately's duties and maybe make him the Co or assistant GM. From the article I read, it sure didn't sound like Harlan was calling the shots or considering replacing Sherman in any capacity. I would agree w/ you though; the entire organization has gotten to "chummy" and lost it's objectivity..
Which article were you referring to? You should post that link, if possible.
"Chummy" was putting it nicely.... there's another word for it, too!

McKenzie might actually be a good choice as the point man - Good idea, I like him alot.
Hard part is cutting the apron strings and getting back to business with a mean streak for the slackers - Coaches, or otherwise!
I would hope that Bob Harlan sees that, as well as Ron Wolf could always see thru the BS (or at least smell it). I've talked on the phone with Bob a couple of times... a real decent guy. Just hope he has the hootspa to disrupt the kitchen and make a new meal out of what lands upright.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts