Not trying to be a ****, but with Bulaga...

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You almost had a "feeling" that he might just get hurt....

I think he's a great guy and one of the top RTs in the NFL, but the guy just gets hurt SOOOOO much and typically in "big games" or is that just me?

I honestly feel if this is something really bad you just have to just let him go and just do whatever you can to get someone who is RELIABLE and not always hurt.

Great guy, but he's ALWAYS damn hurt it's just incredibly frustrating... but this is also why he "dropped" to us when we drafted him

Easier said than done, but I just feel you just have to let him walk and just do whateer you can to find a replacement

My 2 cents.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to rush Bulaga back. Packers are getting physically destroyed on the LOS again. Just like the Chargers. Not a good team. Period.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A non good team.doesnt go 8 and 2

Lol

We are definitely a good team. but NOT a "championship" team yet.. tonight proved that. We're missing a few pieces and it REALLY showed.

Also it's pitiful to have TWO weeks to prepare and show up like that

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who were we really missing tonight?

Bulaga sucks. I'm sick of hearing from announcers how good he is. He is either hurt or getting a flag thrown at him.

Should have been cut years ago. What's funny is we've let SOOOOO many talented oline go over the last 10 years that were shoulders and hips ahead of bulaga talent and play wise... But bulaga hangs on (in the trainers room)...

D

Deleted member 6794

Bulaga sucks. I'm sick of hearing from announcers how good he is. He is either hurt or getting a flag thrown at him.

Should have been cut years ago. What's funny is we've let SOOOOO many talented oline go over the last 10 years that were shoulders and hips ahead of bulaga talent and play wise... But bulaga hangs on (in the trainers room)...

Bulaga is one of the best right tackles in the league when healthy. I understand being frustrated with him being injured too often but it's ridiculous to suggest the Packers should have cut him years ago.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga is one of the best right tackles in the league when healthy. I understand being frustrated with him being injured too often but it's ridiculous to suggest the Packers should have cut him years ago.

Bryan's issue has ALWAYS been injuries.

I believe he was a projected Top 10 or 15 guy the year BEFORE he came into the NFL, if i'm not mistaken

But by the time he came out, and "fell" to us in the Draft that year, his injury history was WELL KNOWN

Seems like a nice guy, but it just has NEVER gotten better throughout his entire career... he's just an injury prone RT and that's just a FACT at this point.

The talent level is obviously there, I wouldn't say he's the "best" RT but always probably Top 5 or so at least in the NFL.

The sad part is the team has missed SOOOOO BADLY since Tauscher left that I feel that maybe the FO just doesn't trust anyone else to play that... Sherrod, Spriggs, Newhouse(actually turned out fine on another team)

I just don't feel like they're confident... especialy the Sherrod and Spriggs "wasted" pics

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who were we really missing tonight?

You sir, and I mean this in the most polite way possible, are an idiot.

*edit* won't hide the comment in an effort of transparency, but will state I should have said taking an ignorant stance which is unsubstantiated in any way. The claims made are erroneous and easily refuted to the point yes in a fleeting moment unrestrained by respect I declared you an idiot. For that I apologize.

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A non good team.doesnt go 8 and 2

Lol
We have had a lot of good teams. Had a lot of good records. Aand have had our ***** handed to us in a bag by great offensive and defensive lines in the playoffs every time.

I have been so swamped at work that I have missed every game since game 1. Missing a hell of a year it looks like. I stoked for this young team. But I'm telling you. If the brass can't figure out that the flash only works until you face a team that doesn't have a nose tackle like Smith. They have Smith... They don't have a cc like Sherman. They have Sherman.... And they basicly whooped us like a big brother whoops the little brother.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga has been an anchor. He fights like a grizley for us out there every week. Injuries happen. Don't think it's a mystery that he got outmatched and we lose by 4 tds.

Kind of disheartening.... I wanted to spend the draft on the lines. The free agents on the lines. I wanted this to be the year of the lines...... I mean fackrell had like double digits sacks last year for us. Or nine at least. And we go and spend 25 mil in cap space and the 1st big pick on 3 olbs?

I'm not going to get into it again. But people are kind of realizing that the trenches are important. Again.... and now realizing we have a rebuild coming ... Got a whole thread the day after bulaga gets whooped talking about replacement.... Nobody thought of that last year? Going to spend the draft trying to replace him. Start cutting guys who don't perform because the machine isn't running properly?

And get Clark another stud to play next to. .

D

Deleted member 6794

Kind of disheartening.... I wanted to spend the draft on the lines. The free agents on the lines. I wanted this to be the year of the lines...... I mean fackrell had like double digits sacks last year for us. Or nine at least. And we go and spend 25 mil in cap space and the 1st big pick on 3 olbs?

Fackrell lucked into having 10.5 sacks last season. In my opinion it's hard to believe anybody criticizing the Packers signing the Smiths this offseason.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sir, and I mean this in the most polite way possible, are an idiot.

Mods allow for personal attacks now? Got it.

You will never convince me of why we keep paying bulaga vs replacing him. You want to argue talent, fine, he is talented. Does us no good when he isnt on the field. From a preseason article:

The problem is Bulaga has been sidelined far too often.

"...Bulaga missed seven games with a hip fracture in 2012. He tore his ACL in 2013 and missed the entire year, then he suffered another ACL tear in 2017 and played just five games.

In all, Bulaga has averaged 11.0 games per season in his nine-year career and has played a full 16-game season just twice..."

Talent doesn't win games, especially expensive talent that isn't on the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

You will never convince me of why we keep paying bulaga vs replacing him. You want to argue talent, fine, he is talented. Does us no good when he isnt on the field. From a preseason article:

"...Bulaga missed seven games with a hip fracture in 2012. He tore his ACL in 2013 and missed the entire year, then he suffered another ACL tear in 2017 and played just five games.

In all, Bulaga has averaged 11.0 games per season in his nine-year career and has played a full 16-game season just twice..."

The Packers should have had more quality talent at backup tackle for most of Bulaga's tenure with the team but it's not smart to suggest the team should have moved on from him years ago. It might be smart to let him walk away in free agency next offseason and replace him with a more reliable tackle in 2020.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should have had more quality talent at backup tackle for most of Bulaga's tenure with the team but it's not smart to suggest the team should have moved on from him years ago. It might be smart to let him walk away in free agency next offseason and replace him with a more reliable tackle in 2020.

100%

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps mitigating it as he did makes it acceptable. ;)
Mods also sleep, have jobs or other time constraints, actually try to have lives off these boards, and also typically debate things like this before taking action.

If it's a problem, report it. I handle reports 1st when I get here.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

*edit* won't hide the comment in an effort of transparency, but will state I should have said taking an ignorant stance which is unsubstantiated in any way. The claims made are erroneous and easily refuted to the point yes in a fleeting moment unrestrained by respect I declared you an idiot. For that I apologize.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Looks like we will be spending a lot of money on lineman in the draft, who is the oline coach? Way to much money spent on subpar oline performers..

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Looks like we will be spending a lot of money on lineman in the draft, who is the oline coach? Way to much money spent on subpar oline performers..

This is a confusing statement. Green Bay's OL, last night notwithstanding, has been one of the best on the season overall.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Early reports are that Bulaga has avoided major injury and should be back after a week or two. Thankfully, it's the NYG and WAS match-ups that we will miss him for.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Early reports are that Bulaga has avoided major injury and should be back after a week or two. Thankfully, it's the NYG and WAS match-ups that we will miss him for.
Washington just beat the Lions.

Members online

Latest posts