No tailgating at the Super Bowl

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

CBS4) MIAMI Die-hard football fans attending the Super Bowl game at Dolphin Stadium are getting a rude awakening after finding out that no tailgating of any type will be allowed within a one mile radius on game day.

"There is no tailgating allowed in the Dolphin Stadium parking lots," Sue Jaquez, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, confirmed on Tuesday. "And there is no tailgating anywhere within a one-mile radius of the stadium." "And there are no RVs allowed."

The rules put in force by the NFL prohibit grilling or consuming alcohol within on Dolphins Stadium grounds.

People "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said. "We're trying to make this a pleasant experience for everyone, and there will be plenty to do in the week leading up to the game."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, tailgating is as big of a part of football as the superbowl itself..and...wow.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they are doing it because they are more than willing to sell you THEIR food and alcohol.
They know that fans will cook their own food and take a pass on the bland crap that the stadium is offering at ridiculous prices.
Funny how beer consumption at the Super Bowl is ok with the league when you have to buy it from them.
:chalflag:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they are doing it because they are more than willing to sell you THEIR food and alcohol.
They know that fans will cook their own food and take a pass on the bland crap that the stadium is offering at ridiculous prices.
Funny how beer consumption at the Super Bowl is ok with the league when you have to buy it from them.

I guess they figure if you can afford $1500 for a game ticket, you can afford $10 (or whatever they charge) for a beer or a hotdog.
Heck.......i'll never afford to go to a super bowl, so it won't affect me any.
But it's typical..........soak people for as much $$$ as they can.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its always about money...but tailgating is fun!!!!!!!! and is part of football..
Yes it is Hedder! (Fun i mean)
Maybe it's for security reasons. Although i don't see how allowing someone to grill a brat is going to affect national security.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

I guess they figure if you can afford $1500 for a game ticket, you can afford $10 (or whatever they charge) for a beer or a hotdog.

Just because they screw you on the ticket does not mean that people want to bend over again for the concessions.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Philtration said:

Just because they screw you on the ticket does not mean that people want to bend over again for the concessions.
I KNOW they don't WANT to. But what choice do they have? If they are told they can't do it, they can't do it.
I think it's just gouging the fans, but how can you stop them from doing it?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
Its always about money...but tailgating is fun!!!!!!!! and is part of football..
Maybe it's for security reasons. Although i don't see how allowing someone to grill a brat is going to affect national security.

Yeah they are just trying for everyone to buy their food at the stadium so that they can make more money which I think is wrong...this is the big football game and people should be able to tailgate if they want to...I would protest if I could..lol

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

Yeah they are just trying for everyone to buy their food at the stadium so that they can make more money which I think is wrong...this is the big football game and people should be able to tailgate if they want to...I would protest if I could..lol
Well......it's gouging BEARS fans, so it's not that big of a deal!LOLOLOL!!! :thumbsup:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yeah? I wonder how much stadium food is for the Super Bowl. Greed Greed Greed all around.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This rule is just for the Stadium Parking Lot. Not a 'One Mile area around the stadium." They could not in force that law.

The only thing this is going to do is quadruple the parking investment right outside the gates in private parking lots.

The NFL can justify the RV's for security reasons. They can justify the consumption of booze under public law, but the NFL can not justify their ruling on grilling. The no grilling rule is just plain wrong.

I would like to know if the NFL has charges vendors more for rent in a Superbowl game than the vendors pay for regular season games.

RP

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

People "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said. "We're trying to make this a pleasant experience for everyone, and there will be plenty to do in the week leading up to the game."

How long before some Bears fan ends up in emergency after picking up his grill... :rotflmao:

:thumbsup:

Members online

Latest posts