Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Not enough talent

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been a problem for the last 2 years, starting with the last few games of the 07 season.

Last year the Packers were 25th in the league with only 27 sacks.

So far this year, the Packers are 26th with only 5 sacks in 4 games.

Is this a coaching problem, or do has Ted not acquired/drafted enough talent?

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think its a coaching/sceme problem ... we have pass rushers like kampy but they want him to fall back in covrage ?? even the anouncers of the monday nights game were talking about it ... there may be some lack of talant involved ,, but come on look at the o-line are we that bad ??

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been a problem for the last 2 years, starting with the last few games of the 07 season.

Last year the Packers were 25th in the league with only 27 sacks.

So far this year, the Packers are 26th with only 5 sacks in 4 games.

Is this a coaching problem, or do has Ted not acquired/drafted enough talent?

The D-line rotation in '07 worked wonderfully until Jolly & Cole went down. I'm convinced we could have stopped NYG had our entire rotation been available.

Then Williams was let go prior to '08 & Jenkins was lost for the season early on & the D looked horrible at times the rest of the way.

It's curious to me that the answer TT & MM come up with after all that is to dump the entire defensive coaching staff & convert to Dom Capers 3-4. Wasn't it obvious that the staff & the 4-3 was not to blame but the injuries?

I'm very skeptical of all this. MM, who never was associated with the ZBS, decides that's what he wants to run as new HC in GB. Now he brings in Capers to convert a, by all accounts, solid 4-3 defense into a 3-4.

The cheap TT sites as reason the team can find more 3-4 LB talent that can rush the passer just as well as higher-priced 4-3 DEs can.

If the 3-4 takes as long to develop as the ZBS...:dontknow:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Capers has been very sucessfully wherever he has attended as DC. And we had pass rush problems last year, when he wasn't aboard.

That, of course, doesn't mean he's not to blame. He only delivered against the bears. The other times, this defense has been VERY vanilla.

GoPackGo!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The opening game against the Bears was good. The Pack brought the blitz continuously which rushed Cutler into throws that led to interceptions. Though I also agree that they NEED to get Kampman back on the line. Wasn't he in like the top 5 pass rushers a year or two ago?:chisux:

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Capers has been very sucessfully wherever he has attended as DC. And we had pass rush problems last year, when he wasn't aboard.

That, of course, doesn't mean he's not to blame. He only delivered against the bears. The other times, this defense has been VERY vanilla.

Just a little stat for fun... or misery. Whether a head coach or defensive coordinator, Dom Capers is 0-7 against Brett favre. I don't like those odds for the second meetup with the queens this year.

Members online

Latest posts