No More... PLEASE

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Rogers Vs Favre.

Please, for all that is holy just **** up about it. Yes, Favre fans believe Favre is god, i used too to. Packer fans think Roger's is god, I currently do to. The fact is neither quarterback should be crucified for losing with this team, or glorified for winning with the Vikings team. Winning and Losing is a team effort.

And before you viking/favre fans (Skol, Quientus, ect) bash me for "blaming favre for his past losses with the packers"... stop. I never have. Rogers is a Great QB. Yes, he's young still and makes mistakes but he's better than flacco, ryan, cutler, or most other quaterbacks his age in this league. Favre makes better decisions? Maybe cause he's been playing for 20 years and has the knowlege that comes with that... i have no doubt Roger's will improve in the exact same way, and I'm not blind to Roger's weaknesses.

Our Oline sucks. No If's And's Or But's. Yes, Favre did a lot in 2007. But the line was 2 years younger, and didn't have this **** up "Barbre" letting people walk right over him. Grant, somehow, actually did good the second half of 2007, which meant other teams respected the run. Makes passing easier. Regardless, Farve WAS good, and still IS good.

BUT FAVRE IS GONE. ROGERS IS HERE. who gives a hoot about "what if's". Favre retired. 3 times. If Roger's was the main reason to blame for these losses THEN i could see why this debate should be happening, but HES NOT.

I'm sick of hearing about how Rogers is a bad QB when he's obviously not, and people saying Favre is "lucky" and only gets wins because of the Vikings team. Rogers is doing good inspite of some holes in the Packers, and Favre is doing good along side the strengths of the vikings team.

Jeez... this is my first rant on this board...

Lets all move on. :paladin:

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
P.S.

Here's some ideas for new things to debate:

1.) Woodson and Harris getting old? (I say no! Q to those who say yes!)
2.) Is Adrian Peterson half machine? (Why does he always do bad against the pack?)
3.) Why Does Cutler cry so much? (Was he spoiled as a child?)
4.) Why is a football referred to as a 'pigskin'?

Lets all brainstorm and think of some things to take our minds off of this whole Roger's Favre ****, shall we?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, when people make false claims, they need to be rebuked. Most sensible members understand professional football to a "T", but there are some that tend to "muddy" the waters, if you will.

What gets many o' goat is the continual bashing of Favre - nobody wants to let it go. Or, some point specifically to certain losses Favre was a part of with Green Bay, and then make excuses for Rodgers and make him out to be a victim in the losses he is a part of. It's the hypocrisy, the ignorance and the hate all combined together into a steaming pile of you-know-what, that keeps this saga alive and thriving.

If the haters could simply learn to move on and accept the Packers for what they are instead of what they could be "if" this and "if" that, that would go along way towards receiving the much need enema - purge the system clean.

As Big Mac once stated, "The train has left the station." Move on.

Alkalin3trio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my take on Favre and Rodgers. Favre had to leave GB, no if and or buts. No way Rodgers was just going to sit on the bench, by keeping Favre for a year or two you lose your franchise QB for the next ten or more years. Skip a few years ahead. What other playoff team could have used Favre? And which of those teams were super bowl contenders with by strictly getting Favre? MIN. That's it. Perfect fit for him. An offense he is familiar with. EXCELLENT running game. Good O-line. Good Def. Close to home. Why the hell wouldn't he go there? GB wasn't going to take him back, not as a starter anyway. Yeah, it sucks he's on hated MIN but where else made sense for him to go? GB is better off letting him go and MIN is better by getting him. BF is my favorite and (in my opinion) the best QB to ever play. He gave 16 wonderful years here and a SB ring. Of course I want the Packers to win the SB this year but if not them then the Vikes should win because Favre deserves it. To boo Favre was an outrage. He deserves better than that.

P.S. Woodson and Harris are getting old (as we all are) but aren't losing anything on the field.
AP is half machine, also half Packer fan. That's the reason he never runs all over the GB. He feels bad.
The name "Cutler" is the Latin word for *****
A football is called a "pigskin" because its made of leather made of pig skin.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers played harder yesterday than anyone on the Offense I believe. He tired to will this team to a Victory. I could almost taste the W, but the fact is our O-line was old, it was old when we last went 13-3, and Favre has just a hair more anticipating right now than Rodgers does, thus that O-line showing as such a weakness.

It is what it is. the Vikings are the most complete team in Football right now, they should have beaten us. Hard as that is for me to admit, but we have nothing to be ashamed with, we will get this O-line fixed and then when they no longer have the name, it will be our turn to laugh.

nflfan01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is an excellent QB, he just needs to get rid of the ball quicker. When he can hit his first read he will deliver it accuratly and on time, but when he's forced to hold the ball and go through his progressions he starts to get happy feet and ends up running into trouble in the pocket.

Woodson and Harris are already old. Now they're just getting slow. Neither of them can run with Harvin or Berrian and they can't jump with Rice so they're wasn't much they could do against the Vikes recievers especially since they're not playing their accustomed style of bump-and-run.

AD doesn't do bad against the Pack, he's the entire reason the Vikingins won both games against the pack this season. The first game GB sold out to stop AD, and favre saw man coverage across the field, and picked it apart. This game again, the pack sold out to stop AD(as every team does), yet he still put up 140+ all purpose yards and a TD and Favre was able to pick apart the GB secondary again. AD will never have 200 yard+ games again, cuz teams come into every game with the mission of containing him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton Manning wasn't Peyton Manning in his first three seasons. Neither were Brett Favre, John Elway, Joe Montana, or Troy Aikman, yet all eventually got things figured out. I have no doubt that, should Rodgers stay healthy, he too will turn it around. He's putting up good numbers, but his decision making needs improvement. Several of those sacks yesterday were completely avoidable. Just throw it away!

Anyway, 4 questions-

1.) Woodson and Harris getting old? (I say no! Q to those who say yes!)

-Yes, but still playing at a high level. I don't think there's anyone available out there who can play at the same level these guys do, especially Woodson. Eventually we'll need to get some guys in to replace these guys, but I think they'll continue to be studs the next two-three years.

2.) Is Adrian Peterson half machine? (Why does he always do bad against the pack?)

-We sell out against the run. We did it in both games- Stop AP and make the QB beat us. Normally it's a good formula for playing against the Vikings. Unfortunately we happened to
play against a QB that *can* beat us in the air.

3.) Why Does Cutler cry so much? (Was he spoiled as a child?)

-Probably didn't get enough of his mommy's *** growing up.

4.) Why is a football referred to as a 'pigskin'?

-http://tinyurl.com/yg6d3q3

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
New questions:

1.) Why do we have DALLAS fans talking trash on our forums after the vikings game?
2.) Why are there no Bears or Lions fans ever on?
3.) If Urlacher and Allen got into a fight, who would the back woods of Virginia root for?
4.) Is anyone interested in seeing Peterson return just 1 kick return, or am i the only one?

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) trying to get us when we're most vulnerable
2) no idea :D
3) haha, depends which team they prefer?
4) never really contemplated it, though it'd be nice to see a few turnovers when if he did return them ;)

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) They're still sour about losing to us in the Ice Bowl

2) Philtration use to regularly post here, don't know where he went. Once the Lions get better, I'll expect Lions fans to come in here.

3)Urlacher since he isn't a total clown.

4)I wouldn't mind seeing him return kicks since it takes the ball out of Harvin's hands.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
New questions:

1.) Why do we have DALLAS fans talking trash on our forums after the vikings game?
3.) If Urlacher and Allen got into a fight, who would the back woods of Virginia root for?
4.) Is anyone interested in seeing Peterson return just 1 kick return, or am i the only one?

1) Probably because there is a high probability that the "Boys" will win at Lambeau in 2 weeks ...

2) Most Bears fans are arguing about whether or not Cutler may or may not be better or worse than Kyle Orton ... or Rex Grossmann for that matter ...

- About Lions fans ... - They are way too realistic to come here probably ...

3) Neither ... the Back Woods of Virginia would be rooting for Chuck Norris, whom would roundhouse-kick both their behinds ...

4) Why fatigue Peterson more than necessary when the Vikings have Harvin ?

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New questions:

1. Because Dallas fans are too afraid to talk trash to Eagles' and Giants' fans.
2. Bears fans haven't figured out how to turn on their computers. Lions fans are too busy trashing their own team.
3. Favre
4. I thought Peterson had returned a couple of kicks (?)

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
haha, fanofthegame gets my pick for best answers so far.

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New questions:

1. Um because Dallas thinks we are a threat? why else?
2. wait, let me get this straight... There are bears fans??? and didn't anyone tell you that the lions are no longer part of the NFL? maybe someone needs to tell them that too.
3. I say... they'd just shoot em both and get it over with.
4. He would defiantly be better (for the league) than who they currently have.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New questions:

1) You think there're fair weather Packer fans? THE WHOLE COWBOYS FANBASE IS MADE OF FAIRWHEATERS!
2) Bears fans didn't have the nerves to come here after week 1 and after Cutler started imitating **** Rex. Shame, as some were quite intelligent (yeah, I know), like Phillitration...
3) They could both drop dead for all I care.
4) Yes, I am. It would increase the chances of kickoff fumbles, and take the ball away of Harvin's hands. Peterson is IMHO this era's Jim Brown, but without the hands. As great both are and were, making people miss aren't their forte. He would surely be an excelent returner in average, but he wouldn't be returning a lot of balls all the way. Return game is a whole different animal than running with the ball. You got to have the feeling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts