No defensive holding called

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle was getting very grabby when they were trying to make their comeback. And I don't hardly remember a defensive holding penalty called all game.

Same goes for the Cowboys when they made that great comeback. They were basicly mugging our WRs every play....No calls.

I also remember them getting all bent out of shape early on when we were thumping them, because the refs weren't calling def holding on GB......................

It seems the team that is doing the mugging is the one winning..............

So lets get more aggressive in the secondary. Build it into the game plan, and don't change the game plan. Hit them off the line, and don't let them go. If they aren't going to call def holding on the guys mugging our WRs, then we should mug their guys too. Only more, better, or worse. However you want to look at it. Lets take what they give us, and beat the muggers at their own game...

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They called it pretty loose in the secondary for the most part, but that's no guarantee that the next officiating crew will do the same.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Yeah as all officiating crews are different. It is about defeating teams at their own game. A Gotcha type of moment.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we do get called, then can consider getting less aggressive against Wrs. But until then I say we mug them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Calling it loose is OK..

But when your wr is having his jersey pulled off, well. That is an issue

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's even more inexcusable is when a 15 yard penalty is called but the ball is only moved 5 yards and all 7 officials don't even notice until a coach tells them they screwed up. These guys need to be held accountable for such poor performance.

D

Deleted member 6794

Seattle was getting very grabby when they were trying to make their comeback. And I don't hardly remember a defensive holding penalty called all game.

Same goes for the Cowboys when they made that great comeback. They were basicly mugging our WRs every play....No calls.

I also remember them getting all bent out of shape early on when we were thumping them, because the refs weren't calling def holding on GB......................

It seems the team that is doing the mugging is the one winning..............

So lets get more aggressive in the secondary. Build it into the game plan, and don't change the game plan. Hit them off the line, and don't let them go. If they aren't going to call def holding on the guys mugging our WRs, then we should mug their guys too. Only more, better, or worse. However you want to look at it. Lets take what they give us, and beat the muggers at their own game...

There´s absolutely no doubt the refs blatantly missed two calls on Adams but other than that I was mostly fine with letting them play. I would be in favor of the Packers cornerbacks playing more aggressive as long as the officials allow them to.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calling it loose is OK..

But when your wr is having his jersey pulled off, well. That is an issue

I personally believe refs should be fined or docked pay when they screw up badly. Placing a 15 yard penatly only 5 yards is just amatuer hour. NFL playoffs have no room for these sorts of mistakes by the officiating crew.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally believe refs should be fined or docked pay when they screw up badly. Placing a 15 yard penatly only 5 yards is just amatuer hour. NFL playoffs have no room for these sorts of mistakes by the officiating crew.
What do you expect with part time temp help? When the NFL officials start going full-time starting in a few years, maybe the quality will improve.