NFL Playoffs Prediction Contest '23 - Conference Championship Weekend

Reaction score
Congratulations to the referee crew - the AFC Championship MVP.
I hated that call on the Cincinatti DB who got called for interference that gave Mahomes n Co a new set of downs. He played MVS near textbook perfect and even playing the ball and easily winning that rep. MVS dropped a ball that touched both hands. If he was hooked and turned so badly how did he get both hands on the pass??
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Really ticky tack for a playoff contest imo.

The most unusual Referee call was pulling the KC punting team off the field and giving the Chiefs a free play and to the point neither teams saw the play stop? If the clock mistakenly ran on a INC pass but had no bearing and the play was in session? Adjust the dang clock by time lost. Next thing you know they’ll be taking points off scoreboard because of a slight clock mishap earlier in a contest. What’s the difference? Had KC scored a TD on that play would that have brought it back??

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ossai had a good game and shouldn't be blamed for the loss. Cincy's last drive was questionable clock management and play calling. Their D never should've been on the field last, IMHO.
Agree on Ossai. Yeah, yeah, I know it was a penalty, but if you watch what happened frame by frame, Ossai was at a full gallop, when he met up with Mahomes on the sidelines, how is he going to stop himself? After the game Ossai pointed out that he was hoping to stop Mahomes forward momentum, so the clock wouldn't go out.

Maybe they need more room down there on the sidelines? Seeing more and more injuries occurring to players and personnel. Watch the guy who gets pinned between Ossai and the bench.

Used to be that many fields had a walking track around them, but in what I can only assume is the NFL owners desire for more seats/money....those seemed to be eliminated.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hated that call on the Cincinatti DB who got called for interference that gave Mahomes n Co a new set of downs. He played MVS near textbook perfect and even playing the ball and easily winning that rep. MVS dropped a ball that touched both hands. If he was hooked and turned so badly how did he get both hands on the pass??

Really ticky tack for a playoff contest imo.

The most unusual Referee call was pulling the KC punting team off the field and giving the Chiefs a free play and to the point neither teams saw the play stop? If the clock mistakenly ran on a INC pass but had no bearing and the play was in session? Adjust the dang clock by time lost. Next thing you know they’ll be taking points off scoreboard because of a slight clock mishap earlier in a contest. What’s the difference? Had KC scored a TD on that play would that have brought it back??
I thought that was a poor call as well on that pass play.
Stopping the game was the right call. Replay shows the official that noticed the clock running was running in waving arms and blowing whistle to stop the play. It happens.

Reaction score
I thought that was a poor call as well on that pass play.
Stopping the game was the right call. Replay shows the official that noticed the clock running was running in waving arms and blowing whistle to stop the play. It happens.
I see. Ok I can see that.
Let me rephrase that word “call” poor choice of terminology.
Im in disagreement with the failure of an official to make a timely move in its aftermath. So Put the 13 sec back on the clock if it’s too late to stop the play.

My contention is that Zac Taylor was 100% justified in arguing his case there. Failure by the Official to stop that play is only an excuse that lasts 7 seconds maximum. He could’ve thrown a flag and waived his hands in cross motion above his head and the entire Carnival act would’ve stopped immediately in its tracks

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Let me rephrase that word “call” poor choice of terminology.
Im in disagreement with the failure of an official to make a timely move in its aftermath. So Put the 13 sec back on the clock if it’s too late to stop the play.
The biggest problem there, if just one official is waving the play off/dead, then you always have the argument that players stopped because of it. Had the Chiefs completed a long pass for a TD, Bengals love the call. All a matter of perspective, but the replay did show the one ref trying to wave things off. So IMO, it was the right call to have a "do over." I'm just glad that it didn't lead to points, but one could argue, that it did potentially change the outcome of the game, but so can any penalty or ruling.

They use horns, lights and play clocks in many sports. With technology today, you would think that the NFL could come up with something to not just keep track of the play clock, but also linked to a referees whistle or something refs can trigger. If the play clock hits zero, a horn sounds or if a referee stops play, same horn. Hell, light up the whole field when that horn goes off.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The 49'ers might be looking for a QB for the 2023 season, if it turns into Tommy John surgery and not just a repair.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49'ers might be looking for a QB for the 2023 season, if it turns into Tommy John surgery and not just a repair.

Seems like an easy problem to fix? Garropolo knows the system & only wants $$$ & some respect. Kiss a little heiny & pony-up for your SB -ready team.

Members online

Latest posts