NFL players prefer Lions to Packers

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
NFLers prefer Lions to Packers | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Ouch!!

I guess I know why we are a draft and build team now. GB always had trouble attracting free agents (when not SB caliber) so it's not too big a surprise. But still, the other teams on the list suck. GB at least is decent so that is kind of surprising. Having Farve gone probably doesn't help things out recruitment wise or GB's image as player friendly since Farve was lying his *** off about how he got dissed. But I digress.

The truth is, there ain't enough boats and hoes in GB. Ok, maybe enough boats.

At least we beat out Oakland and Buffalo. Sigh...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of when Terrele Pryor chose Ohio State over Penn State. He said Happy Valley was too country for him. Players seem to be attracted to the bright lights, big city. Increased chances of them getting in trouble is attractive to them I guess.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
this is old news ... and frankly, it's not much 'news'. At least a month old. Every now and again, Sports Illustrated generates **** like this...it's been re-stirred and redistributed for the last 30 years.

In short, professional football players by-and-large are pretty stupid, and I mean uneducated, people....and will play wherever the largest paycheck comes from - and they'll love it.

Frankly, SI is the same ******** publication that every five years or so brings up the "race in Green Bay issue" as well. Like clockwork, you can bank on reading about it, people getting up in arms for a few weeks, and then it just passes into the cistern of SI/ESPN stories until they hire a new reporter that doesn't know that the non-story has already been beat to death 500 times already.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, it's not really a fair comparison. Young, rich, immature kids want to go where the party's at, and Green Bay isn't exactly bursting with a nightlife. Has nothing to do with the quality of the franchise itself.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SI is the "People" magazine of sports--a pulp tabloid that hardly ever gives a solid analysis of its "conclusions." What I do know is that a number of NFL athletes find Green Bay to be a great place to raise their families and often make the city their home after their careers are over. And this includes the black athletes.

Its usually the media that just won't let go of the notion that Green Bay is backwater because the number of nightclubs and stripjoints don't meet the requirement for an NFL city.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with a catatonic, nearly autistic, crappy GM....

Ron Wolf was somehow able to get FA's in GB....

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with a catatonic, nearly autistic, crappy GM....

Ron Wolf was somehow able to get FA's in GB....

Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett were free agents were they not?

Keep criticizing TT. I really am starting to think your incredibly jealous that the Vikings don't have him.

Members online

Latest posts