NFL Network

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL Network has finally made it's way to Canada.I still have something to watch now that the Packers season is over and there is no hockey . I love it.

Later
Leopardmech

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, I just got it last month.Do you guys get it for free? Some of the cable companies give it for free in Pa. Not mine, I have to pay $7.00 a month and get 12 other channels that aren't that good. Don't know if I'll keep it in the off season.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the NFL channel too. I got DirecTV and it's on channel 212, but I didn't realize until just recently that their games of the week are also sometimes displayed on 98 in HD. I wish I would have known that sooner. When they said the NFL channel was also available in HD, I thought maybe they meant for the cable companies because I didn't see it on my DirecTV. Oh well. I'm glad I got it though.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's a sweet deal Leopardmerch. I only get 5, and I was under the impression NFL Network didn't count. I'll pay for it no matter what, but if I can get it as part of my package, even better.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
I just got a HDTV in Dec. but I learned we don't have HD on the cable yet.Should have it by next football season.

Once you get HDTV, you never want to go back. It sounds like next year all the NFL games should be on HDTV, not just select ones.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HDTV is amazing. I have a tough time watching anything that's not in HD now. Sports are outstanding. Sunday Ticket's games all are supposed to be in HD next season.

OP
OP
L

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I might have to break down and upgrade, I have been looking at getting a big screen for a while now but I didn't know if the HDTV reciever was worth it. Hey TO are you with Rogers?

Later
Leopardmech

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the year 2007,every thing on tv will be in HD.You will have to pay extra to use the old tv's. I bought HDTV,but I was told not to get the converter.You should get it from the cable company you are on. I am on service electric but won't have HD in my erea till this fall. :pals: :cheerleader: :USA:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
HDTV is amazing. I have a tough time watching anything that's not in HD now. Sports are outstanding. Sunday Ticket's games all are supposed to be in HD next season.

What's sad is, I now sometimes watch bad shows in HDTV just because they are so impressive to look at in HDTV. :D

Football in HDTV is awesome. On my Sony it looks like I'm watching the game through a window as it looks so real. I'm glad all the games will be HDTV next season.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
Once you get HDTV, you never want to go back
Arizona is it really that much better?
Thanks

Later
Leopardmech

It depends on the HDTV you get. If you pay for a good one, it looks like you are watching a game live through a window. There are times I'd swear I could reach my hand through the screen and touch the player on the sideline.

If you get a less expensive HDTV, it looks like a crisper picture, but not lifelike like some HDTVs.

Do a lot of research and look at several brands if you decide to get one though. There are some drawbacks, as on some HDTV sets regular TV shows look like crap on HDTV sets. Most places you buy them from only display HDTV or DVD shows. So some people buy an HDTV and get disappointed when they get it home and see some non-HDTV shows at home.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
By the year 2007,every thing on tv will be in HD.You will have to pay extra to use the old tv's. I bought HDTV,but I was told not to get the converter.You should get it from the cable company you are on. I am on service electric but won't have HD in my erea till this fall. :pals: :cheerleader: :USA:

That's not totally true. Everything is supposed to be switched from analog to digital around then, but not everything will be high definition digital by then. There will still be a lot of stuff broadcast in Standard definition digital. It will be awhile before everything is high definition digital.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my nfl network is thru digital cable but i don't have direct tv so no sunday ticket. let's just say i had some, well, issues with direct tv. somehow when we bought our house, the service was switched under my name unbenouced to me and even tho the rec wasn't even in the house, soon they wanted about $800 in past fees. kinda got ugly. anyway, it's not too bad in minnesota cuz i get all pack games as long as minn isn't on so i only missed the wash and 2nd bears game this yr.

Members online

Latest posts