1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

NFL Network

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by leopardmech, Jan 12, 2005.

1. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The NFL Network has finally made it's way to Canada.I still have something to watch now that the Packers season is over and there is no hockey . I love it.

Later
    Leopardmech

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i love this channel.

point after-sounds of the game

playbook

nfl access

coachspeak

all good shows...

3. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea, I just got it last month.Do you guys get it for free? Some of the cable companies give it for free in Pa. Not mine, I have to pay $7.00 a month and get 12 other channels that aren't that good. Don't know if I'll keep it in the off season.

4. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    we get it free in minnesota.

5. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is free with the digital cable package but you need digital anyhow to get Sunday Ticket here.

Later
    Leopardmech

6. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yep mine is free too. that sunday ticket costs an arm and a leg though.

7. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, just as I thought,Pennsylvania is the only state that charges for it !! :doh: I have the digital package too! :roll:

8. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    shame on PA!!

9. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's only free until April 11th leopardmerch, then Uncle Teddie will start charging for it. Still it will be $ well spent IMO.

10. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I get to choose 10 of the digital speciality channels with my package so come April 11th I will just get rid of one of the crappy ones to keep it.

Later
    Leopardmech

11. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the NFL channel too. I got DirecTV and it's on channel 212, but I didn't realize until just recently that their games of the week are also sometimes displayed on 98 in HD. I wish I would have known that sooner. When they said the NFL channel was also available in HD, I thought maybe they meant for the cable companies because I didn't see it on my DirecTV. Oh well. I'm glad I got it though.

12. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got a HDTV in Dec. but I learned we don't have HD on the cable yet.Should have it by next football season.

13. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that's a sweet deal Leopardmerch. I only get 5, and I was under the impression NFL Network didn't count. I'll pay for it no matter what, but if I can get it as part of my package, even better.

14. ArizonaPackerFan

Ratings:
    +0
    Once you get HDTV, you never want to go back. It sounds like next year all the NFL games should be on HDTV, not just select ones.

15. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Arizona is it really that much better?
    Thanks

Later
    Leopardmech

16. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HDTV is amazing. I have a tough time watching anything that's not in HD now. Sports are outstanding. Sunday Ticket's games all are supposed to be in HD next season.

17. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I might have to break down and upgrade, I have been looking at getting a big screen for a while now but I didn't know if the HDTV reciever was worth it. Hey TO are you with Rogers?

Later
    Leopardmech

18. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    By the year 2007,every thing on tv will be in HD.You will have to pay extra to use the old tv's. I bought HDTV,but I was told not to get the converter.You should get it from the cable company you are on. I am on service electric but won't have HD in my erea till this fall. :pals: :cheerleader: :USA:

19. ArizonaPackerFan

Ratings:
    +0
    What's sad is, I now sometimes watch bad shows in HDTV just because they are so impressive to look at in HDTV. :D

Football in HDTV is awesome. On my Sony it looks like I'm watching the game through a window as it looks so real. I'm glad all the games will be HDTV next season.

20. ArizonaPackerFan

Ratings:
    +0
    It depends on the HDTV you get. If you pay for a good one, it looks like you are watching a game live through a window. There are times I'd swear I could reach my hand through the screen and touch the player on the sideline.

If you get a less expensive HDTV, it looks like a crisper picture, but not lifelike like some HDTVs.

Do a lot of research and look at several brands if you decide to get one though. There are some drawbacks, as on some HDTV sets regular TV shows look like crap on HDTV sets. Most places you buy them from only display HDTV or DVD shows. So some people buy an HDTV and get disappointed when they get it home and see some non-HDTV shows at home.

21. ArizonaPackerFan

Ratings:
    +0
    That's not totally true. Everything is supposed to be switched from analog to digital around then, but not everything will be high definition digital by then. There will still be a lot of stuff broadcast in Standard definition digital. It will be awhile before everything is high definition digital.

22. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot for the input.

Later
    Leopardmech

23. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    my nfl network is thru digital cable but i don't have direct tv so no sunday ticket. let's just say i had some, well, issues with direct tv. somehow when we bought our house, the service was switched under my name unbenouced to me and even tho the rec wasn't even in the house, soon they wanted about $800 in past fees. kinda got ugly. anyway, it's not too bad in minnesota cuz i get all pack games as long as minn isn't on so i only missed the wash and 2nd bears game this yr.