NFL Broadcasting Right Contracts

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think they will be eventually dumping Dish and Sunday Pass while switching over to a different format. I saw they are going to air some games over ESPN+. I like that choice because I already have a streaming subscription to it. :whistling:

OP
OP
ARPackFan

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I think they will be eventually dumping Dish and Sunday Pass while switching over to a different format. I saw they are going to air some games over ESPN+. I like that choice because I already have a streaming subscription to it. :whistling:

Agree. Currently the only way to get Sunday Ticket is through DirecTV but subscriptions are falling as more people move to streaming services and doubt the NFL rides a dying horse for very long. The contract with DirecTV expires after 2022 season. Hopefully the NFL expands paid availability of games through other streaming services.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. Currently the only way to get Sunday Ticket is through DirecTV but subscriptions are falling as more people move to streaming services and doubt the NFL rides a dying horse for very long. The contract with DirecTV expires after 2022 season. Hopefully the NFL expands paid availability of games through other streaming services.
I think Amazon will be smart with theirs. The higher price, pay per view, exclusive content is for small minded short term business models or very niche markets. I can see Amazon doing something completely opposite of the NFL network or what ESPN did with monday night, which was require high price tv packages and exclusivity and they'll likely make it something anybody can view simply by downloading an app with very little if any barrier to obtain.

Football isn't a niche market and the bigger money sources are by ease of availability for viewers and exposure for new markets, not pay per view. Pay per view would be for maximizing short term dollars.