next year

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok here we go.. It's time to start talking about next year.. We've got our new coach and it's time to move on. Agree with or not we have a new coach and we fans GOTTA support him. This has the same feel as when Wolf came in and fired and then hired a coach from San.Fran and lets hope we have the same track record. A young coach and a young qb. I know what a dream but back to the task on hand next year. I think the Pack isn't as far away as WE may think. Lets start on the offense. Brett comes back we know we have some weapons.. Driver, Franks, and walker. Lets pick up a quality back.. Bring Green back if you can for a small contract and let him prove he can still do it. Gado has shown enough, I think he can be a nice change of pace back. What we gotta do is firm up our middle of the o line. We have two very good tackles and that's where the line starts so that's a positive. On the other side of the ball I think it's been shown we're not to bad. Here is where I'd go CRAZY if I was TT.. Lets bring in a playmaker at SAFETY a guy who will come in and lay Cecil hit on you.. That guy could hit and make you think twice before you came to his part of the field. I'm starting to think that Caroll started to play well at the end of the year. he wasn't his COCKY self and I think his paly picked up. We all know what here have in Harris so we're fine on his side of the field. Line backer is where it's gonna happen for us I think.. AJ Hawk I think would look great in Green and Gold. We need a guy who will light you up from the middle of the field and I think Hawk is that guy. Dline is the final piece of the pie. Kampan has the heart of a champion and is a keeper. I'd like to see us get bigger and thicker in the middle of the dline. maybe two players the size of Grady Jackson? Your LBS are much better if they can move to the ball without anyhone on them! So I guess what I'd like to see is better line play on both sides of the ball and free up our playmakers because I think we have most of them in place. Ok I'll wait to see what you all think. Next year will be better. I can't wait

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
DePack said:
I'm going blind trying to read your post.

Be easy on him DePack...he's only had a few posts.

Spaces between thoughts man, spaces between thoughts...

on that subject, a lot of new posters here--usually football message boards go dead around this time of year, good to see

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084,

I like your sig but I need to ask you...are you sure that Bidwell should only have one more punt on his statistical record? I thought the Packers probably could have gone for it a few more times during his tenure with the Packers... :D :p

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The middle of the O-line is the biggest problem. Whitticker and Wells will both need to make big improvements to be quality starters next year. Drafting a guard fairly high might not be a bad idea.

I also question whether Flanagan can be productive again. He played hurt all last year and missed almost the entire 2004 season. And who do we have to replace him? Chris White, I think his name is. Some undrafted guy. Or maybe Ruegamer, who did a pretty good job the year before but for some reason fell into disfavor with the coaches this past year, and was used only as a last resort backup.

There are a lot of question marks in other spots too. It doesn't seem likely that everything will come together this year, although stranger things have happened in this league.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The line, with the exception of the tackles remains unclear. I think we'll see marked improvement in Whitticker during his second go at guard and Wells should improve as well. I would love to see the Packers get that dominant ground game back the way it used to be.

Staff online

Latest posts