Next man up!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go again Packer bretheren. The injuries are piling up but we now seem to have good depth especially in the secondary and on the d-line. I like how Heyward came in and made plays, at this point he is looking a lot better than Shields and we havn't even seen House in a major role yet.

When Jennings comes back it should be enteresting to see how we use Cobb because James Jones has produced so you can't take him off the field for Cobb nor are they going to take Nelson off the field. Does this mean we see more 4 wr sets and less Finley? should be interesting, this team showed what they can do if they can make the defense respect the run and play uptempo because uptempo is our style.

We need to be more consistent and keep it that way. The ball was coming out quick yesterday and that's what you need when you have a suspect o-line. Our strength is the qucik slants and comeback routes and Rodgers looked good throwing those routes. Those double moves work great when the db is afraid to give up a quick completion.

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were numerous reasons for the Packer nation to smile about, last night, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was one game. I'm not saying we aren't seeing the real Packers again, I'm simply saying one game doesn't prove they're back to last year's form.

They definitely seemed to have figured out a lot of the flaws they've been fighting thus far this season, and Alex Green was great last night. He may not have rushed for 100 yards, but his effort kept the defense honest and in turn helped stop Rodgers from getting his head taken off.

Rodgers definitely looked like MVP again, and if we get Jennings back that should help open up the running game even more.

The injuries are going to start killing the defense if too many of them end up being serious. Last night we saw depth, and the backups filled in well (Hayward was a stud), but the problem stands with not having players to rotate in to keep players fresh. We can safely assume Smith is done when McCarthy refers to his injury as "significant". Lets hope Jones fills in and plays well. We very well may have a 2010 on our hands...

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About the only thing I will add is that Hayward looked alot better than Tramon Williams. If the Packers can pound the rock effectively they are very hard to beat due to time management, less sacks, and more productivity on the OL. It just makes sense. Is this the start of a turnaround? Or will we see the Lambs upset us this week? I dunno...

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were numerous reasons for the Packer nation to smile about, last night, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was one game. I'm not saying we aren't seeing the real Packers again, I'm simply saying one game doesn't prove they're back to last year's form.

They definitely seemed to have figured out a lot of the flaws they've been fighting thus far this season, and Alex Green was great last night. He may not have rushed for 100 yards, but his effort kept the defense honest and in turn helped stop Rodgers from getting his head taken off.

Rodgers definitely looked like MVP again, and if we get Jennings back that should help open up the running game even more.

The injuries are going to start killing the defense if too many of them end up being serious. Last night we saw depth, and the backups filled in well (Hayward was a stud), but the problem stands with not having players to rotate in to keep players fresh. We can safely assume Smith is done when McCarthy refers to his injury as "significant". Lets hope Jones fills in and plays well. We very well may have a 2010 on our hands...

Hey if we have 2010 on our hands i'm all for it!!

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About the only thing I will add is that Hayward looked alot better than Tramon Williams. If the Packers can pound the rock effectively they are very hard to beat due to time management, less sacks, and more productivity on the OL. It just makes sense. Is this the start of a turnaround? Or will we see the Lambs upset us this week? I dunno...

knock on wood. Yea and Tramon was playing to soft imo... he was giving Johnson way to much room. If you are going to just let the guy keep catching the ball in front of you then why chase him all over the field?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
knock on wood. Yea and Tramon was playing to soft imo... he was giving Johnson way to much room. If you are going to just let the guy keep catching the ball in front of you then why chase him all over the field?
Johnsons a big strong receiver. Did you see the height difference. My guess is they game planned the coverage that way. Remember what we gave up to Nicks in the playoffs. Better to keep him in front of you and bring him down than let him get over the top.

Members online

Latest posts