New rule

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good new rule IMO.

Not sure why people just can't use the ignore feature, has made my time in here so much more enjoyable.

However, I appreciate that the Mods will now take the time to "shut down the posters", instead of penalizing us all and shutting down the thread.

Because the purpose of a forum is for discussion, I just pray the mods will not punish someone respectfully disagreeing with someone, if someone cannot handle folks disagreeing it is their fault for joining a forum of human dialogue.

I like the rule for when truly both sides get stupid, or one side truly crosses a line, I just pray the moderators won't be quick to push it as it could easily choke the forum...the ignore button already makes it frustrating at times in discussions with folks unable to read valid points in a discussion.

That all said I have faith the moderators would acknowledge an issue if it became one and amend if needed.

Go Pack Go!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a report button that people use when they feel something is out of hand

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Because the purpose of a forum is for discussion, I just pray the mods will not punish someone respectfully disagreeing with someone, if someone cannot handle folks disagreeing it is their fault for joining a forum of human dialogue.
My hope is to be able to count on one hand the number of times this is enacted PER DECADE.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I like the rule for when truly both sides get stupid, or one side truly crosses a line, I just pray the moderators won't be quick to push it as it could easily choke the forum...the ignore button already makes it frustrating at times in discussions with folks unable to read valid points in a discussion.

That all said I have faith the moderators would acknowledge an issue if it became one and amend if needed.

Go Pack Go!
Do you realize how many perm bans we have of regular members? How many regular members have had a a ban of a few days or weeks?

How many people have been told to use ignore?

You are over reacting

Dayooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I did something wrong or got hacked. Do what you must. If I step over the line, I welcome the input of a moderator to tell me so, so I can be a better participant

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
56...dear lord that is a lot

56???? Wow... I must have missed that memo. :) Back when I was a young smurf/troll making opponents web sites miserable, that would have been a badge of honor. :whistling: Now, I do the "courtesy and respect" thing described earlier. It's my gig. It's what I do. :whistling:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

56???? Wow... I must have missed that memo. :) Back when I was a young smurf/troll making opponents web sites miserable, that would have been a badge of honor. :whistling: Now, I do the "courtesy and respect" thing described earlier. It's my gig. It's what I do. :whistling:

Have you taken your meds lately ?? :laugh:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I sent a mass message to EVERYONE and set option to no replies. Please read it...any questions ask here

When posters repeatedly interact after being told several times to ignore one another or drop the subject or it is carried across multiple threads, moderators will first warn the posters then implement a thread ban of the involved posters starting at 48 hours. Repeated violation of said policy will lead to further actions up to and including a permanent ban. If a moderator is involved, said actions will be implemented by a different moderator.
LTF this is the first I heard of this new rule and I have never been warned about interacting with someone, if this was a problem between be and the last poster I commented about,their was no negative remarks between us it was just back and forth comments, I thought that what we do here, if it were to a point of bickering, I would not respond and in the past I have done so when posting a reply seemed useless, if I’m banned here let me know

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LTF this is the first I heard of this new rule and I have never been warned about interacting with someone, if this was a problem between be and the last poster I commented about,their was no negative remarks between us it was just back and forth comments, I thought that what we do here, if it were to a point of bickering, I would not respond and in the past I have done so when posting a reply seemed useless, if I’m banned here let me know
It was in general mass message to EVERYONE and it wasnt meant for anyone in particular and it is a new rule

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe if members are aware they are on ignore from another member, they won`t waste their time typing them a reply anyway.

I was surprised to find out recently that a guy I have on ignore is still able to see and reply to my posts.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If they don't, we vote them off the island.
I was surprised to find out recently that a guy I have on ignore is still able to see and reply to my posts.

Semi defeats the purpose of putting someone on ignore doesn't it? Wish Shaggy would fix that.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are 56 members that have you on ignore.
How many do I have lol? I’d like to know. I enjoy this forum but it’s definitely more strict as far as disagreeing and mods cutting off arguments a little soon....but at the same time I signed up for it and just take my breaks as needed and mosey on to different sites where you have to let them hash it out a while before it gets a little redundant and lock it up. I’d say packerfanforum is a little more on the softer side of sports talk. I do enjoy it though but I’ve had my silent beef more than once and thought you’ve had a snowflake mentality towards a few comments and key words where I questioned this. Been here a while Just wish I hadn’t lost my original account when I closed my email years ago and started this one.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How many do I have lol? I’d like to know. I enjoy this forum but it’s definitely more strict as far as disagreeing and mods cutting off arguments a little soon....but at the same time I signed up for it and just take my breaks as needed and mosey on to different sites where you have to let them hash it out a while before it gets a little redundant and lock it up. I’d say packerfanforum is a little more on the softer side of sports talk. I do enjoy it though but I’ve had my silent beef more than once and thought you’ve had a snowflake mentality towards a few comments and key words where I questioned this. Been here a while Just wish I hadn’t lost my original account when I closed my email years ago and started this one.
what was old acct?